1 ... 21 22 23
unevolved
unevolved Reader
3/29/10 11:31 a.m.

You can change axles for the drive home.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/29/10 12:03 p.m.
unevolved wrote: You can change axles for the drive home.

Like i said... i'm not worried about the axles. The transmission scares me, and they're made of unobtanium.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/29/10 12:21 p.m.
TheV8Kid wrote: In reply to MrJoshua: Yes it has

So who's driving it down the strip? Wheels or the kid? Nice build!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
3/29/10 5:36 p.m.

Most likely me(the kid(Calvin))

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
3/29/10 8:32 p.m.
TheV8Kid wrote: Most likely me(the kid(Calvin))

That makes sense. Letting you run adds lightness.

-Rob

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid New Reader
4/1/10 4:41 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
TheV8Kid wrote: Most likely me(the kid(Calvin))
That makes sense. Letting you run adds lightness. -Rob

yup

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Dork
4/3/10 10:54 p.m.

Budget question:

my mother-in-law has an embroidery machine. I'm considering using it for some of the theme items. In order to put together the graphics I had in my head she had to buy a couple graphic files for her machine that she may or may not use later. Do the graphic files and the thread for the embroidery both count toward the budget or just the thread since she keeps the graphic files?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/4/10 12:38 a.m.

The graphic file is a tool, like a wrench it can be used but if it is not on the car when it competes, it is not included. IMHO

Thread will be on the car so it is included

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Dork
4/4/10 6:58 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: The graphic file is a tool, like a wrench it can be used but if it is not on the car when it competes, it is not included. IMHO Thread will be on the car so it is included

That's what I was thinking/hoping. Just wanted a second opinion.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
5/20/10 9:53 a.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: Anybody in PA know if the Carlisle Import&Kit Nationals would be worth going to to pick up challenge parts?

I hope so

teamdixonracing
teamdixonracing Dork
5/20/10 11:13 a.m.
wheels777 wrote:
jwdmotorsports wrote: Anybody in PA know if the Carlisle Import&Kit Nationals would be worth going to to pick up challenge parts?
I hope so

I'm not going to make it. Let me know how it was.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
5/20/10 2:25 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: The graphic file is a tool, like a wrench it can be used but if it is not on the car when it competes, it is not included. IMHO Thread will be on the car so it is included

Umm... maybe, maybe not.

I'm with you on the graphic file, but he didn't actually SAY it was on the car. He said it would be using it for some of the theme items.

If they are theme items that are NOT part of the car (like embroidered thongs or propeller beanies), then they are no charge to the budget at all.

How 'bout it, jwd? Are they on the car, or are you considering showing up in a baby doll with Volvo embroidered across your derriere?

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
5/20/10 7:23 p.m.

I would love to come down. I have my pick of eligible cars. I suppose if I don't really care about my finishing position, I'll compete just because I am under budget. :)

Mrs Lugnut could drive separately and we could both enter!

teamdixonracing
teamdixonracing Dork
5/21/10 6:54 a.m.
SVreX wrote: or are you considering showing up in a baby doll with Volvo embroidered across your derriere?

Uhhh.................I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
5/21/10 9:32 a.m.

hmmm....

I could Very well enter in 2011 possibly. I have a Mustang II, a T5, a 2.3, a volvo cylinder head, am looking for R1 carbs, and a miata rear suspension.......

Total win I suspect...

1 ... 21 22 23

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0i1Y1fDtgyTFRex5Kh0AoA1CTyM76Qwk67VoSH8XiDoOcqfV6xCnLGNEBoI9DSpJ