Bobzilla Reader
4/14/09 4:50 p.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/new-york-2010-mazdaspeed3/1486872/

Umm... no.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya New Reader
4/14/09 5:16 p.m.

The bad guys look better in black.....

Honestly the car looks strange in pics, but better in person... I don't think I like it better than the old one, but the dark colors do help with the grin.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
4/14/09 5:25 p.m.

WHAT

THE

HELL???

QuasiMondo
QuasiMondo New Reader
4/14/09 5:28 p.m.
InigoMontoya wrote: The bad guys look better in black.....

But not by a whole lot. I saw one coming home today. Front end looked goofy and they went with those gawd-awful altazza style tail lights.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/09 5:36 p.m.

I drove a new Miata...er...MX5 last week. It has a little of that look going on, too.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
4/14/09 5:54 p.m.

Well, the resale values on '09s just went up!

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
4/14/09 6:10 p.m.

Good thing they gave it gills, because I've been wanting a car to drive underwater.

monark192
monark192 New Reader
4/14/09 6:30 p.m.

It sort of looks like the result of an ill fated attempt to breed a Pontiac Vibe and a Lotus Elise.

Luke
Luke Dork
4/14/09 6:39 p.m.

I think the front end is rather endearing. It's those stupid, bulging rear lights that E36 M3 me.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
4/14/09 6:43 p.m.

Ya that's getting just plain weird looking.

weezilusa
weezilusa New Reader
4/14/09 6:48 p.m.

They definately built a SH$t eating grin right into it. That definately is wierd.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/14/09 6:50 p.m.

the front end has a big E36 M3eating grin and the rear is sticking its tongue out. weird styling mazda

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/14/09 6:50 p.m.
weezilusa wrote: They definately built a SH$t eating grin right into it. That definately is wierd.

haha, couldn't have said it better myself

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/09 7:14 p.m.

The first thing that came to mind you ask?

Mick Jagger.. . . Yes not only is it smiling but it has lips.

Second thought was the tall skinny dude in the Fat Albert cartoon.

Now a totally warped vision melding a Mazda 3 and the sound track with "Hay Hay Hay" are swirling around in my head.

OMG I want my Zoom Zoom back.

procainestart
procainestart Dork
4/14/09 7:30 p.m.

That's, um, not an attractive look.

I predict a do-over like the Subaru Tribeca...

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
4/14/09 7:42 p.m.

Why the new Mazdaspeed3 won't make my new car list..

1. I'm broke.

2. I'm married

3. I have a kid

4. Did I mention the broke part.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
4/14/09 7:45 p.m.

Weeeeeeeeeee! I'm the happiest car on earth!

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
4/14/09 7:55 p.m.

WHat do you expect from the land of furries? The japanese have been making weird E36 M3 forever, its about time it crossed over into their car design

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/09 7:58 p.m.

Kind of has the post "I got some" grin.. . .

I'm broke. Yep I Just purchased a house I know that feeling!!! I'm married Yep.... . . Explains why I just dont quite remember that "post grin" thing. What do you call it? I have a kid Baha I got 4 want a couple Shoot I will rent then out cheep.. . . Hell I would pay you to take one or two for a couple of weeks. Want a almost 20year old? How about a toddler?l Hell I got them at all stages at the moment. I will gladly loan them out to anyone that is seriously considering kids. Should cure that delusion but quick!

Ok sorry about that tangent there I got sidetracked. Now back to our regularly scheduled Mazda 3 bashing.

Pat
Pat New Reader
4/14/09 9:34 p.m.

The front end looks like an emoticon!

See what I mean?

matt
matt New Reader
4/14/09 11:09 p.m.

ive seen both models of the new 3 in person (not the ms3) and i like the new grill. its like a sadistic evil plotting world domination smile that stewy griffin would have. the headlamps and tail lamps are ugly shape and protruding. its like when a slightly overweight chic wears clothes WAY too tight and all the bulges pop out. and not the good curvyness.

and the new ms3, now graduated to COP BAIT with that hood scoop.

i wonder how much my 08 resale value will go up too.lol

speedblind
speedblind New Reader
4/15/09 12:06 a.m.

Awful. Really, really bad. A for taking a risk, F for execution. And I like weird looking cars.

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
4/15/09 12:53 a.m.

How does something like that make it to production? On an semi-unrelated note, I was surprised to see a 2 yr old Mazda 3 with rust on the doors, hatch, and around a few of the lights in a parking lot last week.

mgrinshpon
mgrinshpon New Reader
4/15/09 8:16 a.m.

It's smiling because it's going to eat you.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/09 8:19 a.m.

Thank GOD I got mine early in the run. I think the resale on my 2007 Speed3 just went up!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7US81TDXpfeMb7DQafm0TLwS2Bsb68RbkGEwq78ok5eUlNGvYVJzbFcXPli1lWJP