1 2
Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
7/6/15 4:10 p.m.

It's a well maintained 02 Toyota, top up the fluids and tires, go.

parker
parker Reader
7/6/15 5:25 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: It's a well maintained 02 Toyota, top up the fluids and tires, go.

Exactly.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
7/7/15 12:29 p.m.
Wally wrote: Sounds like renting a minivan would put your mind at ease and make her trip easier. You may have trouble getting her back into the 4 Runner when she returns though.

I'm with Wally.

Unless you're set on cramming your pregnant wife, her sister, and two tiny kids in a micro compact to save a couple bucks a day of course. Two women plus luggage plus babies in car seats ain't fitting in a Versa, which is what you're probably getting for that price...

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
7/7/15 12:41 p.m.

Minivan is 570 total, standard or fullsize is 170.

The standard would rent out a chrysler 200, volkswagen jetta, or something of that size. Full size would be an impala. you get versa's with the compact category.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
7/7/15 12:46 p.m.

Can't think of a single reason not to go in the 4runner.

That said, a rental company takes care of everything should something break. Awful nice to call them and say "it broke, bring me another". Especially nice when the person making the call is not a mechanic and you are not there.

Probably nothing will go wrong either way. Personally, I'd lean towards the rental were it my wife and daughter. Simply for my own peace of mind.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
7/8/15 11:53 a.m.

I thought the decision was made for me when Monday night the front lights ceased to light up. no headlights, no sidemarkers. After checking fuses, relays, and having one headlight mysteriously start working again, I was stumped. Then I changed every bulb, and all 4 were bad. that was easy.

She's taking the 4runner, but I have a rental car booked just in case. 87.00 with fees for 3 days is worth it to me, but if she wants her car, that's her choice.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie HalfDork
7/8/15 2:11 p.m.

Or try using Costco Travel, if you're a Costco member. It may also surprise you.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hPUw7Rn1Wv0Vyh2UsuZOGmMh6Pdw1hpYwsO4QJM5To924LxtRud60nYFZXgiVFdi