1 2 3
clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/7/23 4:27 p.m.

Simulated shift points has to be just a sound playing through a speaker because why on earth would you intentionally interrupt the smooth and constant power delivery of an electric motor?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/7/23 5:26 p.m.
clutchsmoke said:

Simulated shift points has to be just a sound playing through a speaker because why on earth would you intentionally interrupt the smooth and constant power delivery of an electric motor?

Because some people will think it's cool.  See also S2000 vtec point 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/23 7:19 p.m.
Colin Wood said:
ConiglioRampante said:
Colin Wood said:

I'm excited to see the production ID. GTI, though I'll admit that I'll be pleasantly surprised if it ends up being truly affordable.

Agreed.  Heck, right now one of my local VW dealers is still advertising their MK8 GTi's at $42,000.  Maybe I need a readjustment on claims on "affordability."  Especially after they add a markup for air in the tires and blinker fluid.  Suddenly that "under $30K" car heralded in corporatespeak press releases winds up near or above $40K.

That's one of the most frustrating things when I get a release about a new sports car. Yeah, the MSRP is only $30,000 or so, but we all know it'll be impossible to actually buy it at that.

All I can do for now is hope that things change for the better in the future.

When I bought my Mk IV Golf GL in 1999, VW Canada listed a starting price without AC. I had to special order one just to get manual windows, I don't think the dealer would have let me order one without AC.

I don't think that's ever going to change.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/8/23 9:15 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
clutchsmoke said:

Because some people will think it's cool.  See also S2000 vtec point 

Switching to a different cam lobe is a touch different than fake noises. 

I had the dealer turn off the fake noise speaker in the BRZ at the last oil change. Not that I could hear it over the cat-back anyway. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bmaympbZJlHbgLm6dAESJetyluPN9S9aB8QcmRrfOgPdiDg6fBIqkSSl3uPN0EGF