1 2
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/23/13 9:45 p.m.

Happy with my Trico beams. After using them through a winter I'm done with steel frame types.

asoduk
asoduk New Reader
4/23/13 9:59 p.m.

I use Rain-X on all of the glass, rain-x washer fluid and for wipers I've liked the Bosch Icons for the past few years. I wait for them to go on sale or BOGO and just keep them until needed.

As a side note, I use the rain-x washer fluid for washing the windows of my house. It seems to keep them cleaner longer.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
4/23/13 10:03 p.m.

I must be an anomaly but I've never been able to tell much of a difference with rain-x. I do like rain-x washer fluid however. I liked the Michelin wiper blades best but are hard to find.

FranktheTank
FranktheTank Reader
4/23/13 10:04 p.m.

Why do you all use the expensive Rain X fluid when you can buy the cheapest fluid then use the Rain X additive for a fraction of the cost and its far more effective? Even at the same cost the pre mix fluid is not that great. It does have a very high alcohol content. A lot of diesel guys use it for water methanol injection.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/24/13 12:22 a.m.

I used to use Bosch Icons and thought they were significantly better than cheapy refills. Then I tried the Bosch Evolutions. I'm sold. I have had Evolutions on my van for over a year; which included one TX summer and a PA winter. This spring in the rain they are still perfect.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/24/13 8:33 a.m.

You guys run rain-x on your windshield and also use wipers?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
4/24/13 11:22 a.m.

Properly applied Rain-X is a marvel of modern technology. The rain just beads off, making wipers unnecessary. Mist is more challenging in that it requires higher speeds to clear the windshield.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
4/24/13 11:27 a.m.

In reply to Enyar:

I apply two coats of rainx, use rain repellent washer fluid(I go through a gallon a month), and wipe the wiper blades with rainx. I also rainx the headlights, outside mirrors, and give all the other glass a single coat.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
4/25/13 8:46 a.m.

I've used rainx, with varying results. My stock wipers are still on my 2011 Fiesta. working fine. My car is garage kept.

gootenbeez
gootenbeez New Reader
4/25/13 8:58 a.m.

I tend to use Rain-X Latitudes, I think. The middle road between the standard cage type and the really fancy ones.They seem to hold up fairly well and I usually get a little over a year with the car sitting outside and the upstate NY winter.

I didn't even know Rain-X made washer fluid though...this is great news.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/26/13 7:11 p.m.

Anybody else have an issue with the little tab popping up on Rain-X wipers? I bought a pair for the front of the Celica about 2 months ago and on the drivers side the little tab over where the arm hooks on pops up about every 3-4 days. Not sure if it is temperature related (expansion/contraction). I think they are the middle range offering from Rain-X.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/26/13 7:19 p.m.

I buy the $5 or less blade at WallyWorld. I also thoroughly clean the windshield TWICE with Stoner foaming glass cleaner and clean ONLY with newspaper. After I have gave it a chance to dry, only about 10 minutes worth, I apply a nice coat of Turtle Wax or similar. Let it haze just like paint then terry cloth towel off. Most of the time, I never run my wipers in the rain.

Rain-X is worthless water. JMO.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/26/13 10:32 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: I buy the $5 or less blade at WallyWorld. I also thoroughly clean the windshield TWICE with Stoner foaming glass cleaner and clean ONLY with newspaper. After I have gave it a chance to dry, only about 10 minutes worth, I apply a nice coat of Turtle Wax or similar. Let it haze just like paint then terry cloth towel off. Most of the time, I never run my wipers in the rain. Rain-X is worthless water. JMO.

What is this "newspaper" you speak of?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lq0twDkK0umxCEW47r5kA5oXoX7KwHeCQodp4pgky3g70QhrUukzgY8RyCORbEDk