1 2 3 4
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/5/12 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

Haha. I use to avoid driving them since trying to get them out of a showroom surrounded by Lambos and Ferraris nearly gave me a heart attack on several occasions.

I had to drive one to the owner's house (the CEO of Double Bubble who has the micro car museum). Drove it, in the rain, in rush hour. One of the worst driving experiences of my life.

If I were in WearyMicrobe's current situation, I would go look at some Astons, or even a C6 Z06!

VonSmallhausen
VonSmallhausen GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/12 9:12 a.m.

What about the Morgan three wheeler?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/5/12 9:25 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote: Yeah leaning pretty far away at this point. Budget is not 60K its more like 90ish if I am honest at this point.
But we both know as soon as the R8 gets in the 60's, it is time to buy. That is why I mentioned it...

When they get into the 60's I will be there with cash and heartburn medication for whoever bought at MSRP. Its a lot more attractive car at that price point, especially in a manual.

They are weird car's for me though, the exterior just does not match the interior, the seats in particular in the V8 car are just reskinned A4 seats. With the carbon blades and the gith color they really do look good.

They are this generations NSX with the manual trnamsission.

OT I have seen 120k off the v10's new lately.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/5/12 9:36 a.m.

2000 360 Spider - $82,500

Seller said: I'm selling my 2000 Ferrari 360 Spider Corso Red/Tan with just over 17,500 miles. Completely original with the exception of the upgraded $13k Tubi exhaust which adds the best sounding roar you have ever heard. There's no better head turner or exotic that is more thrilling to drive than this beautiful Prancing Horse. Please feel free to call me or email me with any questions or to schedule time to come take a look at

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3363099692.html

Sub $90k? - check
Red/tan - good for resale to someone getting into the Ferrari market
6 speed - much better on clutches than F1
Has shields, can't tell if has the Challenge grille, doesn't have the Daytona seats, has a Tubi (mmmmmm, da sound)
Just check to see if the exhaust mani's were updated, belts were done. In Ferrari World, not that bad from a "cost of running" point of view. Alot easier on the wallet than a 355

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/5/12 9:41 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: If I were in WearyMicrobe's current situation, I would go look at some Astons, or even a C6 Z06!

I hate to say it, but from what I understand this vehicle doesn't have to necessarily perform as well as it looks (being the very strange replacement for the Prowler, having a Viper track toy). Now, far be it for me, the proud owner of a minivan and an automatic, 11 year old PT Cruiser, to suggest something literally 8 times more than I have ever spent on any car ever, but I have a few ideas:

I would go for something completely iconic. I presume this thing will not get a lot of miles and that maintenance costs are not a huge deal breaker. In that guise, I present the following:

Testarossa:

Iso Rivolta:

Look at the interior!

Detamoso Pantera (maybe a bit less iconic):

Corvette (easy choice, I recommend a small block):

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/5/12 10:46 a.m.

Am I the only one who thinks the Spyker looks wonderful?

Raze
Raze SuperDork
12/5/12 10:53 a.m.

What about a Maserati Gran Turismo (S)...

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
12/5/12 10:59 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Finally someone with first hand knowledge.

And I just saw this quote... You are kind of asking about caviar on the Spam forum.

McTinkerson
McTinkerson New Reader
12/5/12 11:00 a.m.
VonSmallhausen wrote: What about the Morgan three wheeler?

I will second this. Especially with the available fighter plane livery.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
12/5/12 11:01 a.m.
Mitchell wrote:
And I just saw this quote... You are kind of asking about caviar on the Spam forum.

BWAHAHAHAHA, awesome.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/5/12 11:13 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the Spyker looks wonderful?

I'm with you, I love the looks of them, and given the means, I'd own one in a heartbeat. The polished bits are all stainless aren't they?

I have gotten to oogle one up close(didn't get to drive it though) at a mecum auction 2yrs ago IIRC, driven a few F cars down there too.....all had fire extinguishers in them.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/5/12 11:20 a.m.
Raze wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHA, awesome.

For some reason this board is like the perfect amalgamation of expertise. I try to only ask/answer good questions

Such as

How do I get a few pints of sheep blood quickly..
What commands do I use for sheet metal in solid works.
What is the master V+ on command for a TX60 Arm.
How do I simulate stress on 3036N.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/5/12 11:21 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: 2000 360 Spider - $82,500
Seller said: I'm selling my 2000 Ferrari 360 Spider Corso Red/Tan with just over 17,500 miles. Completely original with the exception of the upgraded $13k Tubi exhaust which adds the best sounding roar you have ever heard. There's no better head turner or exotic that is more thrilling to drive than this beautiful Prancing Horse. Please feel free to call me or email me with any questions or to schedule time to come take a look at
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3363099692.html Sub $90k? - check Red/tan - good for resale to someone getting into the Ferrari market 6 speed - much better on clutches than F1 Has shields, can't tell if has the Challenge grille, doesn't have the Daytona seats, has a Tubi (mmmmmm, da sound) Just check to see if the exhaust mani's were updated, belts were done. In Ferrari World, not that bad from a "cost of running" point of view. Alot easier on the wallet than a 355

As an aside that is overpriced by a good 10K in the current market, what they sell for is astonishingly low. I actually passed on a 15K miles 99 coupe in the same colors for 51K for resale a few months back.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/5/12 11:31 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the Spyker looks wonderful?

I think it looks... interesting . It's over-designed, but not in a completely over-the-top way like the Zonda pulls off. The Spyker is trying too hard but doesn't want you to know it's trying too hard.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/5/12 11:34 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote:
As an aside that is overpriced by a good 10K in the current market, what they sell for is astonishingly low. I actually passed on a 15K miles 99 coupe in the same colors for 51K for resale a few months back.

As an aside to your aside, who in hell tries to sell an $80k Ferrari on craigslist , fercryinoutloud?

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/5/12 11:38 a.m.

the drug dealers shop via CL?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/5/12 11:39 a.m.
Duke wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote:
As an aside to your aside, who *in hell* tries to sell an $80k Ferrari on *craigslist* , fercryinoutloud?

I have no idea what they are thinking, but I know that it works occasionally. I have brokered a few Bentley GT's that the new owners found on Craigslist. I imagine the cars get picked up in the big spider searches for car sales data and that's how they get found. Its not like I look in Atlanta for Ferrari's that often but I but you I would come across that ad at some point in the next month.

RossD
RossD UberDork
12/5/12 11:47 a.m.

With regards to the overpriced Ferarri: My dad tried selling a motorcycle that he didn't want to sell (cough-mom-cough) for over market value. Needless to say it didn't sell and he was happy.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/5/12 12:27 p.m.
Duke wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote:
As an aside to your aside, who *in hell* tries to sell an $80k Ferrari on *craigslist* , fercryinoutloud?

At least it wasn't listed for $1.....

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/12 1:29 p.m.

The Spyker will be way too dangerous. You won't be able to take your eyes off of the shifter while you are driving:

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/12 1:52 p.m.

What about an AMG black or something similar?

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/5/12 3:14 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr:

He might like tires lasting longer than 50 feet.....

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
12/5/12 3:26 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to wvumtnbkr: He might like tires lasting longer than 50 feet.....

The way I drive it might last 25.

I love the CLK Black and I really looked into one but the maintenance and general weird crap that happens to modern Mercedes outside of warranty is just unacceptable.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/12 5:08 p.m.

weary,

Why not this?

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/5/12 5:13 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: But that leaves another space in the garage. So how do we feel about the Dutch. I have heard that they can be had for much much less then you would expect.

Saw one at a Chin event at Sebring a few years ago. VERY pretty. It spent the whole time parked, but it certainly looked nifty.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZUNYLxdXcHiOz51xBUoCFtRwBg96ZJEuDzIFzot5kJSHKNVANXkVHPFcHBt9pWPc