1 ... 4 5 6
sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
2/15/14 11:25 p.m.
Ransom wrote: Just posting to note that this thread actually caused me to check CL for Grand Vitaras. That is something I did not expect to do, ever.

Me too!

beans
beans Dork
2/16/14 12:54 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I dont want a grand, though. We've been borrowing one the last couple months and it's stranded us twice. It's even a base Laredo with the 4.0. The transmission is pure unadulterated garbage as well. I'm sure it's fine, but if I get another Jeep, it's going to be another XJ because I like them. Right now i'm wondering if Rodeo/Passports are any good.

:( Sucks you have to deal with a bad one. Mine (4.7/545RFE) went like a scalded cat, and with the shift kit/fluid/trans line mod, it shifted like a prostock car. It was quite fun. After I replaced all the sensors in the Jeep, it was great.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
2/18/14 10:09 p.m.

I had a tbi 2.8/5spd rodeo and thought it was excellent vehicle. SUPER simple reliable motor, easy to work on, interior was way higher quality than an early xj. Looked pretty good. The one i had had 280k on it or so, no big issues. I sold it because i had no use for it (i got it so cheap i HAD to buy it) but it seemed like such a good vehicle that i WISHED i had a used for it.

Ive also had 4 cherokees and a montero.

And berkeley s10 blazers. I've done everything under the sun to them as far as repairs and NONE of it left a particularly good taste in my mouth, and driving the things doesnt help either. I have nothing particularly good to say about them.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gfwlke6uT0dsizTZ6D8xp1RWzJeB40zUaGCC7UwkrIxSPNCosKcnGLCcSjZi8qE3