1 2
shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
5/29/13 6:26 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Last time I was there they had bleachers there; good the hills are back... IIRC Turn Two and the backstretch are the only places on the property that you can see outside i.e., other than seating. Your backgrounds and mine are almost identical!

beans
beans Reader
5/29/13 7:55 a.m.

I got all-day VIP tickets to Belle Isle this Sunday. Freakin' excited as all getout.

I've watched Indy about 4 times. Total. In my life.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/29/13 8:26 a.m.

In reply to shadetree30:

We were on that orange bit infield by the SE Vista, so yes turn 2. I had a good view of them coming toward me and could follow with the camera around panning them. Last year I got shots of cars coming into the pit lane there so the slower speed helped, didn't get that this year.

I tried moving down a bit but that damn fence.....

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
5/29/13 8:48 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Damn that was a great race! It was great to see Kanaan finally win, and he was clearly the crowd favorite so that made it fun-- the stands were going nuts, and most folks hung around to hear his very gracious victory speech. It was kind of a bummer it finished under yellow, as the last lap would have been amazing. Still, nice to see T.K. win finally. The cars look much better in person, they actually look pretty cool from behind, and they are back to being pretty damn fast! Townsend Bell ran a 224 mph lap during the race and I remember hearing another driver hit 225 mph! The nice thing is the cars sound good again-- unlike a few years ago. We went the entire race without needing earplugs. The lead changes were incredible--- 76 or so in a 200 lap race! Then we got home and watched the Monaco GP---- which had exactly zero lead changes.....second and third finished where they started too IIRC. My buddy put it best--- "The most entertaining thing about the Monaco GP was the footage of the spectacle surrounding the race" ---lots of lovely ladies. The race itself was about as exciting as watching glue dry.

it's been that way for several yrs. just no place to pass ...

I remember several yrs ago ... can't remember if it was Damon Hill or who ... someone from that era .. due to an unscheduled pit stop they ended up behind a car that qualified something like 3 - 4 sec slower than he did ... was never able to pass, even with that kind of speed differential ... a very boring parade is how I describe Monaco

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
giEz5vb73W2gAVSzvox4rPncjmSHxInNygNyc8oLpRhd9hcpXNzOyhYCeG7va825