Paris Van Gorder
Paris Van Gorder Associate editor
9/25/24 12:33 p.m.
feature_image

While this Honda N600 pickup conversion needs some serious cosmetic TLC, according to the ad, it’s ready to be drivable.

“I have 3 complete engines/transmission’s,” the seller writes, “spare parts for nearly everything on the car including a complete parts car, tons of new extremely rare and hard to find parts.”

Total value of parts alone? More than $15,000.

Find …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/25/24 12:34 p.m.

I love it!

I'll take two.

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/25/24 1:27 p.m.

While you are in the general Denver-ish area, for $600 more you could also grab the topless Z600.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1032286511719637/

Z600 ready for restoring. No trades. Will not respond to “is it available”. Body is fully intact. (Except the roof, Honda did not make a convertible)Floor pans rusty. The rest of the body free of rust except behind rear tires. (See picture). I had it running from 2015 to 2017. Rebuilt brakes engine ran ok transmission and clutch seemed ok. Engine is noisy but ran fine. New tires in 2015. I have all the parts to rebuild it except the top. I have a windshield that’s ok. I had trouble getting into it so I took the top off. Very fun little car.

DavyZ
DavyZ Reader
9/25/24 2:45 p.m.

I love that little pickup!  I would seriously consider something like that, but first things first! (like finishing the other projects in order).  The little 600 would need a good engine swap, perhaps something like a Hyabusa engine or similar.  I can't imagine it would weigh very much at all.

Paris Van Gorder
Paris Van Gorder Associate editor
9/25/24 3:01 p.m.

If someone asked me to draw a pickup truck from memory I feel like this is what it would look like. This little pickup is so silly but I love the potential. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/25/24 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Oapfu :

I'm not sure how much I need a topless Z600, but I'm certainly intrigued.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
9/25/24 3:03 p.m.

Is that supercharger spinning backwards mounted like that or does that old girls engine also spin backwards like early'ish hondas?

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/25/24 4:05 p.m.

Can this fit a sheet of plywood? Just joking. Who cares. This looks fun.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/25/24 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Oapfu :

That’s a Z600. Way sportier than the N600. :)

I once came across a Z600 at our local pick-and-pull. Totally rotted out. The shift knob and Honda emblem are somewhere here in my office....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mqmV2K3In7TAe0TcxUxOduCrh0MwLYe30W7Be5eEmVjCSG4KcUSQHFTRHG7qEvs0