In reply to EvanB :

Woody's? Del-Car?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/23 5:54 p.m.
RustBeltSherpa said:

In reply to EvanB :

Woody's? Del-Car?

Woody's. Hadn't been in a while and the whole import section is pretty much cleared out.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/24 5:20 p.m.

Today's JY run brought a mix of emotions. I went today because yesterday they placed a 1995 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear Chamonix in the yard and I had to check it out.

I heart literal translations. and it was fun to see a wacky vehicle like this up close and personal. I thought of grabbing headlights, taillights, fogs, and the groovy velour seats, and had a special request for "Space Gear" emblems, but the "emblem" was just stick-on letters, so that was a no-go. In the end, I didn't take anything but these pix:

there was an early C4 with Russell braided brake hoses, so I grabbed those. I was gonna snatch the front calipers but they're single-piston. Today I Learned. I also grabbed the front bar and brackets, and the brake pedal pad.

Then the sad part of the day: look at this 2002 Camaro, V6 Manual:

It's the cleanest 4th-gen I've seen since I worked at GM when they were new. It was definitely somebody's pride and joy.

see that wheel and tire? It is OE to the car. Mold date 1802. 18th week of 2002. I'm guessing the lack of grip of 22YO tires contributed to the smashed front end. My buddy and I popped the diff cover and c-clips and pulled the axles, to get the rear disc setup for his low-$ pro touring 69 Nova.

Cashier LOL'd at all the odds and ends, said they'd normally get stolen or crushed, and only charged me for the bar.

overall a great way to spend a 40-degree day in January in Detroit.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
1/27/24 5:38 p.m.

I literally was there the same time as you today. Heck, I might have been standing right next to you. I looked at the Mitsu and the Camaro also. It's a great salvage yard.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/24 5:41 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

LOL small world! Did you see someone in tan Carhartts robbing parts from the C4 as you passed by? That really is a good yard.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
1/27/24 6:06 p.m.

No I didn't but I did pretty much check out each row. The C4 has been heavily picked, looked at that too. Sometimes the vehicles are so good I wonder why they are even there. Do you ever go on Black Friday? $60 for what ever you can carry for 60 feet. A bit of a madhouse but interesting. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/24 10:21 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Crazy to see another in a yard! I was wandering one of our yards that has an extremely (and disappointing this trip) car turnover rate and ended up walking through the Mitsubishi section to also find that same generation Delica, it was a space gear as well with the turbo diesel. I called my in-laws on the spot as they have one in the Yukon but it doesn't need anything at the moment. It was very picked over though as I'm sure it had been there for quite a while (couldn't find it listed in the inventory). They're pretty cool vehicles, there's is setup to sleep in with the rear seats removed so they camp all over the north in it, we were lucky enough to take it into Alaska. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/28/24 10:08 a.m.

I need to visit that Sterling Heights yard. I usually do the Fox U-Pull yard in Belleville, or one of the Parts Galore (Flat Rock may be closed) yards. I just enjoy looking around, whether I buy anything or not, but I'll wait for warmer weather.

drock25too
drock25too GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/24 11:04 p.m.

Went to  U-Pull-It last weekend and saw this purple hopper that is pretty beat down. 

And this Cutlass about to go to the crusher. 

Frigidaire
Frigidaire New Reader
2/17/24 4:18 p.m.

Fun trip to the u pull today, task to find a smallish muffler in decent shape to install on my vanagon that has a subaru 2.5l installed. Ended up in the aisle with the latest arrivals and scored a walker exhaust off this camry that still has the store labels on it

Frigidaire
Frigidaire New Reader
2/17/24 4:21 p.m.

This one still had its turbo and heavy duty axles, wouldn't those parts be worth something considerably more than stock upull prices?

Will
Will UberDork
4/13/24 2:41 p.m.

Surprise 59 Cadillac!

And a 69 LeSabre.

And a 1g Neon with absolutely mint seats. Someone needs to go save these.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
5/11/24 9:40 p.m.

Went today to two

There's an RX8 with mazdaspeed suspension and who knows what else

I dont know if that's anything someone would be interested in

But was pretty nice example

Swung out on the stuff I was hunting today, but it was a beautiful day to browse around a bit

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
5/11/24 9:44 p.m.

To add - one of th yards had an Opel GT, pretty car!...well, not this example, but overall it's a good body design

1 ... 14 15 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZYUIyy6iDsfqCsR9lr1KZqJYMpzzYR24K1BWonlLP3WQfycogZvNcX1DHmNIvISU