clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
5/3/19 3:11 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Yes, assuming it's not a scam.

Sh00bs
Sh00bs New Reader
5/8/19 1:12 p.m.

new here... and i didnt read the entire post, Butttt i owned a '17 Grom for about 3 months. i put a full exhuast on it, fender delete, slim turns, 14t front sprocket, a rear wheelie bar and second rear brake setup with a left hand brake.
uhh i think that's it? i bought it for $2700 in dec '18 with 61 miles on her... girl owned and couldnt pass her moto test lol
welllll after putting like $600 into it, i was like whoa i have almost $3400 ish into a bike that barely does 65 WTF

so i sold it with 450 miles on it for $3200.... meh

i just didnt like having over $3k in a mini stunt bike haha when my build honda hobbit can do 70 with a total of maybe $1300 in it?

wellll i just picked up a honda aero 125 (only sold 1 year in US, largest 2 stroke scooter honda ever made) and she does 60... for $400 this could be you. im not trying to discourage anyone from buying a grom or z125, or razkul or lifan or whatever... just be mindful of how much money you have in a small bike and what else you Could Have for less than half. i loved my grom, efi... wheelie machine, reliable... but hey my aero 125 beats my buddies grom, pulls power wheelies (im working on holding them), and can cruise at 55-60 no problem. i have $600 in it total. Food for thought, best of luck!!

my grom when i bought it, stock ^^

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/4/23 12:55 p.m.

Time for a little Grom update.... 1000 miles later and this stupid like bike still puts a big smile on my face every time I ride it.

I picked up a used aftermarket seat for $70 on Marketplace, and it's improved comfort tremendously. Not all-day comfortable like my Sargent seat on the BMW, but much better than the stock piece. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Publisher
3/9/24 8:29 a.m.

Time for another small Grom update. These tiny batteries don't last very long before wearing out, which means even with a tender I find myself constantly push-starting the bike. My usual process is unplug the bike, start it to drive into the trailer, go to the track, realize it's dead, then push-start it all weekend.

Rather than spend $40 on another lead-acid battery that will be dead in two years, I spent $80 on a Noco lithium. We'll see if it lasts a bit longer. 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/14/24 9:44 a.m.

I bought a Grom when they first came out in 2014 or 15? Then sold it. 

When the newest generation came out I ordered an SP model. Really dig the graphics and the gold wheels over the base. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BjACHs3aRAhJkdWlhifcdxW1UcnicIxrMIcxhqlGrgSHUF5of9cr02yYKe7T3zBo