1 2
Yahooligan
Yahooligan
8/31/22 8:06 a.m.

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster here. Thought I'd start with an interesting icebreaker. 

I’m a 6’2" man but I was born with disproportionately small hands and feet due to a benign genetic quirk. Now my feet are size 2 US. I’ve never met another adult in my life with smaller feet. It’s kinda weird walking around with Bigfoot basically everywhere and shoe shopping and bowling can get awkward fast. But I can walk and run fine so I guess I’m lucky. Finding driving shoes and boots can be a real challenge though! 

Anyone else with a weird bodily quirk like me? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/31/22 9:24 a.m.

You know that Leonard Davinci drawing of the perfect man?

Your armspan should roughly be your height. Try it. Reach down to the base of a doorway with one fingertip. Now stretch the other up the frame and hold it. Put your head underneath. It about the same, right?

4 inches. My arms are 2 inches longer than they should be.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 10:37 a.m.

I've been as thin as 185 lbs and as heavy as 268 lbs, and my waist never deviated from 34-36".  No matter what weight I gain or lose, it all happens above the waist.  Tailors can't believe it when I get 34 or 36" waist slacks and a 48R jacket.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/31/22 10:41 a.m.

Bodily quirk?  Well...I don't want to make the rest of the guys envious....

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
8/31/22 10:47 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Same.  It's largely due to broad shoulders but long arms and wide shoulders make dress shirts difficult.

I feel sorry for our counterparts with their stumpy little arms who have to bend over to reach their pockets.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/31/22 11:00 a.m.
KyAllroad said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Same.  It's largely due to broad shoulders but long arms and wide shoulders make dress shirts difficult.

I feel sorry for our counterparts with their stumpy little arms who have to bend over to reach their pockets.

That's me. Not where pockets are an issue, but that's about the limit. I'm not tall at 5'8 but it's all torso. 30" in seem. Add my XL dome, and here we are. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
8/31/22 11:15 a.m.

I am torso tall my helmet in my BMW E30 Racecar was literally touching the ceiling and roll bar. We had to do some major work to get me down 1 inch. I was still very close to the rollbar. I adapt to karts by getting a laydown seat to lower the center of gravity. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/31/22 11:24 a.m.

I'm 5' 10" with a generally average build.  M or L shirts.  33-34" waiste. 33-34" inseam.  Size 10 feet.

...but I have a small noggin.  Finding helmets and hats that fit is actually a PITA.   I usually rattle around in most "S" full-face helmets so I have to find XS helmets.  Glasses are also a struggle since most frames look huge on my face.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/31/22 11:27 a.m.

I had a chuckle when I read this.  I had a friend years ago that had clown sized feet.  He said women would hit on him because... you know.  

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
8/31/22 11:45 a.m.

My wife has the smallest head ever installed on a human. She's had to use child size motorcycle helmets before.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 1:09 p.m.

I have a BBC swap. 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
8/31/22 1:13 p.m.

They call me "pawnshop"

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
8/31/22 1:31 p.m.

I have Cleidocranial dysostosis, a genetic abnormality that affects teeth and bones and was passed down through the male side of my family. My younger brother and I were studied by Yale medical as children. Most noticeable feature of mine is that I don't have a right collarbone so I look a little crooked. 

I went for a cleaning at the dentist one time in my late 40's. The hygienist I had that day told me she had studied at Yale and had a copy of one of my dental X-rays on her wall at home that included my name from the Yale study done about 35 years prior....... That was weird.

Yahooligan
Yahooligan New Reader
8/31/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

I have the opposite issue unfortunately haha. Used to try to wear bigger shoes but what the hell. I'm proportional in other places haha just not my hands and feet.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/31/22 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Yahooligan :

If that's all they're looking for, then that's not the one you're looking for.

Yahooligan
Yahooligan New Reader
8/31/22 1:57 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Wow thanks man I appreciate that. 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/31/22 2:10 p.m.

I can bend the first joint of my thumbs back more than 90 degrees and I have three vertebrae in my upper back that grew as one so I am a little hunched over. Pretty lame superpowers.

Yahooligan
Yahooligan New Reader
8/31/22 2:17 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

That's cool. Does the thumb thing help in any way with your dexterity? I guess my superpower is being able to wear light up shoes and cartoon sandals as an adult. Here are my Optimus prime sandals next to my friend's "boring" brown size 10 sandals for a laugh. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/31/22 2:26 p.m.

In reply to Yahooligan :

light up cool shoes has to be the best. Ive totally wanted to get some of my sons light up shoes. He just turned 7 and wears a 2. 
i wear a 14. Shoe selection sucks. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/31/22 3:01 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Yahooligan :

light up cool shoes has to be the best. Ive totally wanted to get some of my sons light up shoes. He just turned 7 and wears a 2. 
i wear a 14. Shoe selection sucks. 

These come in 14

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
8/31/22 3:32 p.m.

I'm built like a turtle. All torso, broad shoulders. A click over 5'8" with 29 or 30" inseam.

Also have webbed toes on my right foot. 2nd and 3rd toes about half way up. We know of at least 3 generation back on my mom's side that had it. It helps me swim but I veer to the left because of the extra thrust on the right side.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/31/22 3:40 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

I had a chuckle when I read this.  I had a friend years ago that had clown sized feet.  He said women would hit on him because... you know.  

I'm kinda similar.  I'm only 5'8" 180lb and wear a size 12 shoe. 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/31/22 3:49 p.m.

In reply to Yahooligan :

I have waited in vain 56 years for the purpose to be revealed.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/31/22 3:58 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Bodily quirk?  Well...I don't want to make the rest of the guys envious....

Came here to say this, left satisfied.

Bibs
Bibs New Reader
8/31/22 4:03 p.m.

I'm average size, 5'9', but have a huge pumpkin head. Go to the "hat stores" looking for a ball hat. The biggest size is too small, and the stretch hats don't fit.

Thebighatstore dot com is where I have to order  hats. 
My kids say the store should be named "hemispheres". Lol.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bURuzHfHUDN44d5AdiaPDGvFFrvsQvoECP7YhhwRxX64okZkWpINpbctaGPhcYFA