stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
12/16/23 10:47 a.m.

A reminder: A Charlie Brown Christmas is only available for viewing on Apple TV, but this weekend (Saturday 12/16 and Sunday 12/17) you can watch it for free without having to sign up for their service. Just go to the Apple TV website and it should be right there.

I've seen it every year since it was first aired in 1965, so it's kind of a holiday tradition for me.  

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/16/23 10:52 a.m.

Such a beautiful piece of classic television!  Thanks for the heads-up.  I might have to make a point of watching it.  I've seen it dozens of times, but none lately.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/16/23 10:58 a.m.

A further reason NOT to go full streaming. I have the DVD. I can watch it whenever I like. Which is 2 or 3 more times between now and the 25th. Also, Linus & Lucy is brilliant. It's on my phone playing all year.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/16/23 11:01 a.m.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
12/16/23 12:24 p.m.

Great music, I'm playing a concert with the Montrose Colorado Concert Band tomorrow, and one of the pieces is a medley of the music from Charlie Brown Christmas.  It's a piece we play at every Christmas concert, everyone loves it.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/16/23 1:47 p.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

Great music, I'm playing a concert with the Montrose Colorado Concert Band tomorrow, and one of the pieces is a medley of the music from Charlie Brown Christmas.  It's a piece we play at every Christmas concert, everyone loves it.

For anyone that does not already know, Vince Guaraldi is the guy behind the charlie brown music.  Look him up and enjoy. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/16/23 2:04 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

The entire album, not just Linus & Lucy is fantastic. I need to get that CD again.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/16/23 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'll also nominate Johnny Costa, he was the music behind Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
12/16/23 3:40 p.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

I used to play trombone in a community concert band here in Minneapolis (and was one of the founding members and long time president) and we played that same piece for our Christmas concerts too.  It's such fun and happy music.  I have Vince Guaraldi's Oh Good Grief! LP in my record collection.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/16/23 4:25 p.m.

My t mobile plan includes Apple TV otherwise I wouldn't buy it. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
12/16/23 5:01 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

That's why I posted, this weekend it's free for people who don't have a subscription.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
12/16/23 6:16 p.m.

ATSAU Christmas on rumble has it whenever you feel like watching it. berkeley Apple. 

https://rumble.com/c/ATSAUChristmas

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/16/23 6:19 p.m.

I have the DVD. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/16/23 6:58 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

The entire album, not just Linus & Lucy is fantastic. I need to get that CD again.

One of the best jazz albums of all time. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/17/23 12:55 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Not completely accurate, we watched it last night, but we still had to create an account for Apple TV.

And right now they are doing a free 3 month trial. So we just a reminder in our phones for about 2.5 months from now to go back and cancel the trial.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
12/17/23 10:15 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yJURYXDrVblmVRyV23S6gxCyHIOL6IcA5ujPTr0tCdLWmS5d9eUYk7EXNIJkxprx