1 ... 5 6 7
failboat
failboat UltraDork
2/24/15 11:35 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Not a movie, but 'Breaking Bad' was full of some of the best 'also ran' and 'under the radar' cars you'll ever see. All the stars had them but my favorite was Mike's Fifth Avenue: followed closely by Jesse's Toyota Corolla wagon.

on that note how could anyone forget Jesse's Monte Carlo?

And I guess since I was watching it on tv last night, the Monte Carlo from Training Day. Step into my office.

slefain
slefain UberDork
2/24/15 1:27 p.m.

Mr. Eddy's Mercedes from "Lost Highway"

"This is where mechanical excellence and one-thousand four-hundred horsepower pays off. "

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
2/24/15 2:34 p.m.
failboat wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: Not a movie, but 'Breaking Bad' was full of some of the best 'also ran' and 'under the radar' cars you'll ever see. All the stars had them but my favorite was Mike's Fifth Avenue: followed closely by Jesse's Toyota Corolla wagon.

Breaking Bad's show runners did a fantastic job of pairing cars with characters. Walt's Aztek fit his character perfectly.

There was Badger's Fiero:

Skyler's Grand Wagoneer (and her sister's New Beetle):

Walt Jr's PT Crusier, which epitomized dorkiness:

And Saul's sleazy Caddy:

And finally, Walt and Walt Jr's "I don't give a berkeley anymore, we are rich now" SRT goodness:

Even Better Call Saul is starting strong with Saul's POS Suzuki Low Self Esteem:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/24/15 3:12 p.m.

The Daewoo Lanos garners the best line in Pineapple Express: "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, Motherberkeleyer!"

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
2/24/15 5:21 p.m.

Willys MB "Bad Day At Black Rock". 1960 Plymouth Fury "In The Heat Of The Night". Willys CJ3-A "Coal Miner's Daughter". "The Getaway" has a lot of early 1970s cars in it but the most interesting to me is the '63 Ford Galaxie.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/24/15 6:21 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote:
failboat wrote:
Breaking Bad's show runners did a fantastic job of pairing cars with characters. Walt's Aztek fit his character perfectly. There was Badger's Fiero: Skyler's Grand Wagoneer (and her sister's New Beetle): Walt Jr's PT Crusier, which epitomized dorkiness: And Saul's sleazy Caddy: And finally, Walt and Walt Jr's "I don't give a berkeley anymore, we are rich now" SRT goodness: Even Better Call Saul is starting strong with Saul's POS Suzuki Low Self Esteem:

i am LOVING 'Better Call Saul' so far! It flat amazed me when none other than Tuco showed up.

Can't forget Skinny Pete's pale blue T Bird:

Mike E. also had a Buick Lesabre and at the end was driving a Buick Century. The man knew how to fly under the radar for sure.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/24/15 6:27 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv:

Want some WWII MB's? Just go to Djibouti in North Africa:

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/tank-hunters-two-brits-go-to-east-africa-in-search-of-a-sherman.html

I'm half tempted to take two containers over there and stuff the best ones in them along with a lotta parts. They have been sitting in the desert since the 1940's; put aside missing lights etc check out the condition of the sheet metal.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/24/15 7:03 p.m.

Rusty's Ford Falcon from "Ocean's Eleven"

TLNXTYM
TLNXTYM New Reader
2/24/15 10:30 p.m.

What about the 4 cars Rusty won in Vegas Vacation? A Viper, Mustang, Hummer, and Aspire. I so wanted to win a car the next time I went to Vegas. Yeah that didn't work out. Let's just say I would've much rather drove cross country in an Aspire than ride the train in Chicago at 2 am after a 4 hour delay in Denver. Creeeepy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/24/15 11:40 p.m.

Man that Viper's paint job was nasty. Red with yellow wheels? Looked like that cliched McDonalds Donk picture that's been floating around for years.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
2/25/15 6:37 a.m.

still on the breaking bad topic.

Gus Fring's sensible Volvo wagon could not have been more perfect for him. Completely under the radar.

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
2/25/15 1:35 p.m.

Arthur's 1978 Porsche 924.

jsinnard
jsinnard New Reader
2/25/15 4:41 p.m.

The ultimate bromobile, the 59 Cadillac from the Deer Hunter

I wish I could find a pic of it with the deer on the fender.

Will
Will SuperDork
2/25/15 4:52 p.m.

Speaking of which:

jsinnard
jsinnard New Reader
2/25/15 5:21 p.m.

Speaking of Clint Eastwood

55 Chevy 3100

Every which way but loose.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.