1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/18/13 10:35 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I drink, smoke cigars, enjoy swapping engines into 80's econoboxes, hate non-engine related sports, race a hornet/pro 4 on a rallyX track, will watch a movie projected on the floor if you put it there, hate coffe but like the Monster Java, cuss a lot off-air, and love Fight Club.

I would like to subsrcibe to your newsletter sir.

Beer Drinker, Cigar Smoker, Rx7 racer, I Love fight club, Love Bourbon, Love F1, I Love Hockey and currently the Pirates......

Am I the only one that uses the scientific method to solve problems without skipping important steps?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
9/18/13 10:36 a.m.
captain nemo wrote: i started the tmi......... am i the only one who regrets selling a car that you know would have killed you or got you some real jail time?

Sort of... I kinda regret not buying a '69 Charger with a 383 I test drove back in 1990... but it probably would have killed me or cost my license. And being a General Lee replica, inconspicuous it was not.

Oh... and don't worry about the TMI posts. We're all pretty much adults here and you'll get serious and thoughtful responses.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/18/13 10:45 a.m.
captain nemo wrote:
aussie said: See a counselor, seriously this is beyond a cold spell get some professional help, if she wont go, you need to start going alone
i have been, she does not see it as a problem.........27 years, twenty seven years........i am only 53. "Don't be. This is a place you can ask about anything. If people don't like it, they can skim over the discussion", funny you mention that, i have been trying to work it into a thread for a couple of months, tks

Again, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you and I are of an age. I'm pushing 49, she's 50, and her surgery happened a couple years ago. At middle age, it's not like we're setting the house on fire, but frequency is about the same as it had been and the general feeling is more relaxed and spontaneous.

At the risk of pushing for TMI again, how were things before your wife's operation? Did she change a lot?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/18/13 10:47 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: I would like to subsrcibe to your newsletter sir.

I don't have a newsletter, but I DO have a radio show.

Wait.. Am I the only one with a radio show/podcast?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
9/18/13 10:55 a.m.

What's your podcast?

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition HalfDork
9/18/13 11:29 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
Matt B wrote: I feel like the only guy who doesn't really get into football, baseball, basketball, or really any sport that doesn't involve a motor. Sometimes I feel like I might be missing out on some major part of our culture, but then I think about having to actually watch an entire game and I'm pretty meh about the whole shebang.
This. I've tried...I really have. But zero interest. I only watch the superbowl for the commercials (Thanks to youtube, don't even have to do that)

I also have this "problem." And since I stopped playing golf a number of years ago it has severely affected

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/18/13 11:57 a.m.

I don't drink either. Fight Club was interesting... but am I the only one who'd like to wipe that smirk off Brad Pitt's face?

I love going to the races. 24 Hours of LeMans was like waking up in heaven. But racing itself can be tedious - no way would I park my ass in the stands for the duration. Love, love, wandering the pits, watching tire changes, taking thousands of pictures, talking to pit guys - that kind of stuff.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/18/13 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Lesley:

THAT is an AWESOME shirt...

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
9/18/13 12:06 p.m.

Am I the only one who read Fight Club?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/18/13 12:17 p.m.
Mr_Estrotica wrote: Am I the only one who read Fight Club?

Nope. I read it. I thought it was tedious - though not nearly as tedious as American Psycho - and I much prefer the movie.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
9/18/13 12:19 p.m.

I can't swallow pills.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/18/13 12:36 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
wvumtnbkr wrote: I would like to subsrcibe to your newsletter sir.
I don't have a newsletter, but I DO have a radio show. Wait.. Am I the only one with a radio show/podcast?

I used to have one (an iOS applications podcast), but stopped it a few years back when it became more of a second, unpaid job and less of a fun thing to do.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/18/13 12:54 p.m.

Am I the only one who likes aesthetic first builds as well as performance first builds?

I like the zero berkeleys given RX7.

4g63t
4g63t HalfDork
9/18/13 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy: I refer to Volkswagens as German Engineered Random CEL Generators

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
9/18/13 1:11 p.m.
Duke wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Am I the only guy that cant stand the taste of beer? I've tried lots of different beers.
I like beer in general. I feel like the only guy that can't stand IPAs, though. I can't wait for them to go out of fashion so you can get a decent draft beer again. No kidding, there's a place around here with 30 beers on tap and last weekend, **28** of them were IPAs.

You mean you dont like bitter pine cone water?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/18/13 1:13 p.m.

Am I the only one with zero interest in ANY kind of stick/ball sports? I don't follow or care about football, baseball, softball, tennis etc. Makes it difficult to carry on a conversation in this college sports crazy town.

I can't drink any bourbon except Makers' Mark and that only in moderation. In fact, I very rarely drink anything other than beer.

Don't and won't smoke cigars or cigarettes.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
9/18/13 1:14 p.m.

I think changing cars every 6 months or so is normal. Don't really like engine swaps or '80's hatchbacks. Prefer my engines in the middle of my car. Hate coffee, no longer drink much in the way of beer, but if I do, I want Warsteiner.

And I despise Fight Club. But I did used to date Brad Pitt's cousin if that counts.

I like NCAA football, but no other stick and ball sports. Well, hockey sometimes. I hate basketball more than anything on earth.

And all racing is good, as long as there is internal combustion involved in any way!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/18/13 1:36 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote: Don't really like engine swaps or '80's hatchbacks. Prefer my engines in the middle of my car.

These two seemingly-contradictory statements can be reconciled with a sawzall and a welder.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/18/13 1:42 p.m.

At the risk of getting in trouble, I'm there with Duke, but can say when she feels better we feel better and now she feels better.
Also, a sad face for Nemo. I don't know how you convince someone that something is a problem when they think it's not a problem. That's certainly a problem.
I also hate sports with balls. My wife turns on football, I go work on cars. She mostly watches because her office culture has a lot of sports and if she doesn't pay attention then she's quickly left out of what's going on. Being one of the only women in a technical position, it's the difference between hanging with the engineers (which she is) and hanging with the secretaries.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/18/13 1:45 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
Duke wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Am I the only guy that cant stand the taste of beer? I've tried lots of different beers.
I like beer in general. I feel like the only guy that can't stand IPAs, though.
You mean you dont like bitter pine cone water?

It's not even like I'm a Coors Light drinker, or anything. I like a decent, flavorful beer. I just think IPA makers have stopped trying for good flavor and just started trying to outdo each other with extreme extremeness.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
9/18/13 2:03 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Being one of the only women in a technical position, it's the difference between hanging with the engineers (which she is) and hanging with the secretaries.

I'd rather hang with the secretaries

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/18/13 2:06 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: Being one of the only women in a technical position, it's the difference between hanging with the engineers (which she is) and hanging with the secretaries.
I'd rather hang with the secretaries

I've met the secretaries. You would not rather hang with the secretaries.

Back on topic. I don't like Miatas. They're great and all, but they're just not very interesting. I don't think I could be happy waking up in the morning knowing that I own a Miata instead of something more interesting.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
  • I'll have an IPA in the winter now and again, but there's only a few I like. There's plenty of tasty beer that's not been made intentionally difficult - That's why there's always plenty of Negra Modelo and Sapporo around. And at punk rock shows I'll have 2 or 5 Buds.

• I don't watch F1 - it takes too long, even DVR'd. NHRA w/ lots of fast forwarding, that for me.

• All those critically acclaimed bands? The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, Television, Sonic Youth, Fugazi, every Dischord band after 1984? Hate it. All of it.

• Football? unh-uh.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork

I hate IPAs too.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/18/13 2:14 p.m.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less if I ever had sex again? I'm seriously meh, about the whole thing.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4fwSgtHPIG28v5wUl9TXPk5WtD1zYXBKexf69tGaKnI4O8Mjx2u7fz6OzltEG9bT