1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
fujioko
fujioko Reader
9/18/13 8:32 p.m.

Fight Club is the best movie ever made. Miata is the answer. I like a beer with a big greasy burger. NASCAR sucks.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/18/13 10:44 p.m.

...prefers automatic transmissions 95% of the time?

...likes classical, country, rock, big band, blues, hair band and just about every other form of music?

...really don't care if someone doesn't like me or what I do?

...does things the hard/cheap way, because it'/s fun?

...don't really care who wins the race as long as they have to work for it?

I could go on, but I won't.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/18/13 10:52 p.m.

...who doesn't really care too much about winning when I autocross. It's mostly a chance to hang out and BS with other car guys.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
9/18/13 11:02 p.m.

Am I the only one who hates coffee, loves me an Ice cold beer ( no ipas, laggers, any of that stuff), likes watching football, but baseball puts me to sleep. Also. I tried watching doctor who and the other popular British stuff on Netflix but thought it was boring and didn't get it I guess. Also am I the only one who doesn't really like video games? I have a 360 but can't really find anything I love on it. Madden was too hard, forza and call of duty were too hard. Ps2 was the last system I was good at lol, the new ones are just too fast and have too many buttons. Oh and I liked fight club.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
9/18/13 11:14 p.m.

Love fight club. Read the book

IPA's are the best. I don't drink much or often. But the darker the better generally speaking

Don't fit in a stupid maita

Could/would do it ten times a night if she could handle it.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
9/18/13 11:34 p.m.

Owns a miata, barely fit, would happily trade/sell it away if an interesting enough offer came along.

related: doesn't like convertibles

has a soft spot for t-tops

harbors strong dislike for anyone running out-of-state plates...
except Hawaiian plates, as those imply exceptional stubbornness.

EvanR
EvanR HalfDork
9/18/13 11:41 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Am I the only one who couldn't care less if I ever had sex again? I'm seriously meh, about the whole thing.

nope.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
9/18/13 11:59 p.m.
EvanR wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: Am I the only one who couldn't care less if I ever had sex again? I'm seriously meh, about the whole thing.
nope.

You guys are nuts.
And possibly doing it wrong.
'Insert - Agitate - Repeat' is technically correct, but only as a starting point.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/19/13 5:49 a.m.

Prefers Muscle Cars to sports cars.

Love beer, hates IPA's

If I had more money would be an drunk.

Loves stick and ball sports, and can sit down and watch any sport, mainly just pays attention to the scores.

Believe 4WD trucks should be lifted and 2wd should be lowered. With the exception of pre-runners and Typhoon/Cyclone.

Has watched Smokey and the Bandit 55,647 times.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
9/19/13 7:08 a.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Owns a miata, barely fit, would happily trade/sell it away if an interesting enough offer came along.

I pity you

SnowMongoose wrote: related: doesn't like convertibles

Same here. I kept the tops up on my miata and all my Jeeps most of the time. Don't need the sun in my eyes and burning my bald head.

SnowMongoose wrote: harbors strong dislike for anyone running out-of-state plates... except Hawaiian plates, as those imply exceptional stubbornness.

That is just freaking funny. Love it!

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
9/19/13 7:17 a.m.

Am I the only one here that didn't like Love The Beast?
It just didn't hold my interest.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/19/13 7:23 a.m.

It's in my Netflix queue. I'll tell you when I finally get around to watching it.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
9/19/13 7:39 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Prefers Muscle Cars to sports cars. Love beer, hates IPA's If I had more money would be an drunk. Loves stick and ball sports, and can sit down and watch any sport, mainly just pays attention to the scores. Believe 4WD trucks should be lifted and 2wd should be lowered. With the exception of pre-runners and Typhoon/Cyclone. Has watched Smokey and the Bandit 55,647 times.

Other than Smokey andthe Bandit (whch I've watched a number of times, just not THAT number) I'm right there with you.

Sometimes I think I'm the only guy that likes everything you guys like here AND everything you don't.

Except obscure bands and music. Sometimes I get the distinct impression from some people here that the best song ever was never written, and never performed, by a band than never formed, by a singer/songwriter than was never born. That's the ONLY way it would be any good. 'Cause, you know, if people actually heard it and liked it, it must suck.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/19/13 7:43 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Am I the only one here that didn't like Love The Beast? It just didn't hold my interest.

You're wrong!!!!!

I love that film. My best friend, OTOH, goes into a rant every time Dr. Phil comes on the screen.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
9/19/13 7:50 a.m.

I'll try watching it again. I think it's one of those things where the hype I heard may have ruined it for me. Heck, if I was willing to give Top Gear USA a second chance, this movie deserves a second chance too.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
9/19/13 8:01 a.m.

....that thinks Pearl Jam is the most over-rated rock group of all time?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/19/13 8:04 a.m.

wow...

Love beer, especially amber beers (lagers and such)
Bourbon 'n coke is a great evening starter
Coffee? my morning hasnt begun without it
smoked in my 20s, not for a while now tho
Hates me some automatics...in general
Split bumper Z28 pleases me greatly
Love baseball, football, and college basketball
not at all interested in Nascrap or F1, but love the sounds
Fight club is one of my top 10
3-4 times a week is perfect

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/19/13 8:07 a.m.

Am I the only one who the only sport that they watch regularly is soccer? I don't even watch racing regularly.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
9/19/13 8:20 a.m.

Am I the only one who loves the Dave Matthews Band? All of my friends constantly give me E36 M3 about it.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/19/13 8:21 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Am I the only one who loves the Dave Matthews Band? All of my friends constantly give me E36 M3 about it.

Yep, you are. They were good about 1999. Since then.....

Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy BJs?

Rob R.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/19/13 8:22 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Am I the only one who loves the Dave Matthews Band? All of my friends constantly give me E36 M3 about it.

I liked most of the stuff before Crowded Streets. The new stuff is just not as good in my book.

Dont Drink The Water is one of my favorites tho, so Im a bit self contradictory

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/19/13 8:24 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy BJs? Rob R.

i dont even know what to say to this

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/19/13 8:24 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy BJs?

If you mean the buyer's club like Sam's or Costco.... no, lots of people do not enjoy shopping there.

If you mean "mouth hugs", unless you are a woman... you are all alone.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/19/13 8:25 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote:
Yep, you are. They were good about 1999. Since then..... Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy BJs?

Agree on DMB. Except I'd adjust it to read "They were good for about 4 months when they first appeared on the radio".

Disagree on the BJs. Only one thing I like better. But hey, that's what makes horse races. Personally, I have less than zero interest in PIITB but that sure seems to paddle a few people's watercraft around here.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/19/13 8:30 a.m.

Ok, I will make another post on this topic.

I love beer. Pretty much love all types of beer, including IPA's and various microbrews. I love cheap American beers too, like Yuengling and Narragansett.

You know how I feel about Bourbon. Tequila is another story... love that stuff.

I require coffee in the morning to wake up. No negotiations.

Never smoked. Never will. Grew up in a house of smokers, and couldn't stand it.

I don't mind automatics. They have their place, especially in trucks and some muscle cars. My Trans Am has an auto.

I obviously love muscle cars. I own one. I like all sorts of cars.

I like sports. Football (pro) and Hockey are my favorites. I dig Baseball too.

Can't stand NASCAR. It bores me. F1 = meh, it's almost too fast to follow, but still better than NASCAR. I do like road course racing, like touring car-style stuff. I like drag racing.

I like video games. I lean toward the vintage gaming side of things. I have an extensive gaming collection ranging from the Atari 2600 to the Xbox 360, with most systems in between.

I don't fit in Miatas, at least the 1st gen ones. If I had to have a convertible, make it an old American road bomber. I'd much rather have T-Tops.

And I liked Fight Club. Saw it the first time night I graduated from High School. The messages in that movie hit me harder than any valedictorian's speech ever could.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ePT706qICI6rNnhf5DHhczNrNk4mkyg7J90QI8XmkGLiinJAj2GkdSXXRjlnG1r1