1 2 3
triumph5
triumph5 SuperDork
7/25/11 12:06 p.m.

Because they think they'll be the exception who can walk away from it.

Just ask many of the residents of Willimantic, CT. Heroin capital of the northeast.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
7/25/11 12:21 p.m.
Duke wrote: I mean, I know why it's 'fun' and I know why it's addicting - what I can't imagine is how anybody in the civilized world **doesn't** know it's a long, nasty, one-way trip before they even touch it the first time. Yet they still do.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
7/25/11 12:25 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Kurt Cobain could have been and done so much more.

I kinda knew the man and I sort of doubt that. He started out as a shy, passive agressive shiny happy person and became more of a jerk as time went on. The last time I saw him was right before teen spirit though, I doubt fame and fortune would have made him nicer.

He once threw a punch at me because I asked his girlfriend to stop interupting my bands show. I mean really?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo HalfDork
7/25/11 12:36 p.m.

In reply to ditchdigger:

I fail to find this surprising. Not to say many artists wouldn't act this way.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/25/11 1:20 p.m.

For a good look into Heroin / drug addiction, read Keith Richard's autobiography "Life".

For a lot of musicians Heroin / hard Drugs are more about keeping the motor running and sustaining, rather than getting high or having a good time.

It is a shame about Winehouse (although not surprising) I enjoyed her music. Almost like a modern day Billie Holiday.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/25/11 1:25 p.m.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
7/25/11 1:37 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: are more about keeping the motor running and sustaining

Ya, ok, that makes me have soooo much more sympathy for them. "rolleyes smilie goes here"

7/25/11 1:38 p.m.

I guessed right on what the next slide in this progression would look like. Too bad. She had a great voice.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/25/11 1:59 p.m.

Autopsy came back inconclusive according to CNN. I however believe it was a case of mistaken identity. You see, He-Man slayed her, under the impression that she was Skeletor.

7/25/11 2:01 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Autopsy came back inconclusive according to CNN. I however believe it was a case of mistaken identity. You see, He-Man slayed her, under the impression that she was Skeletor.

Dude... seriously... Skeletor was ripped and admired by two headed whatcha-ma-callits everywhere for his awesome physique.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jSv0yjGfxnxOqTcVEM7rklLExhTItZio6aOvF9AeTLmVfAHABaL1Yqdlr97Cy305