flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd Reader
9/6/24 3:39 p.m.

Has anyone seen that Nissan commercial where a guy is relating the "crazy story" of going to a Nissan sales event where the salesperson tells him that the Rogues are "going fast" and he concludes that he has to buy it?  

What a display of absolute contempt for your customer base. "I am a low information rube who was persuaded to buy a vehicle by the salesperson using the oldest line in the book to create a false sense of scarcity and I somehow think this is a story worth proudly retelling, rather than bearing my shame at being rooked in silence." 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/24 4:00 p.m.

Interesting related tidbit, the average new car buyer's income has now risen to $115k/yr:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/01/car-buyer-experience-improved-in-2023-study-shows/

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/6/24 4:10 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Ummm, what does "average median" even mean?  They are two different concepts.

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
9/6/24 4:13 p.m.

I thought this was going to be about the radio commercial where the Rogue's "performance" was demonstrated by speeding through a drive through zoo before it closed.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/6/24 4:13 p.m.

...also, the 115K is household income not individual income.

Edit, the common vernacular among stats people is to say "the three most commonly used averages are mean, median, & mode."

So, median is technically one type of average but that's weak sauce semantics...just say median if you want to sound like a normal stats person.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/6/24 4:30 p.m.

I haven't heard that one, but one of my buddies posted a Ford ad yesterday in which one of the people in the ad had no feet. A poorly generated AI pic,  I assume. It reminded me of the ads when the Bronco first came back and they mis-spelled wanderers.

Keep up the good work, Ford.

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd Reader
9/6/24 6:40 p.m.

At least it wasn't "Wanders Untie" 

I think I have heard the "racing-through-the-zoo-in-a rogue" commercial  Prodarwin was talking about...it's also pretty dire. 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
9/6/24 6:47 p.m.

To Nissan I say, be better

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
9/6/24 6:55 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Ummm, what does "average median" even mean?  They are two different concepts.

It's redundant, not contradictory. Median is a way of averaging data. It's like saying, "Canid Wolf" or "Bird Hawk".

Kinda makes sense because when most people think "Average" they typically think "Mean". But for analyzing incomes/costs, Median is often better, because the upper end can get so big it can really skew the data.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/7/24 7:12 a.m.
flat4_5spd said:

What a display of absolute contempt for your customer base. 

To be fair, that applies to the majority of car ads.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JFYqArWdjqgy4rRmMH4p5pTTqsQFUGnjbXjJS439Q7BhvjY3qauMuLzEyr4wHO3v