z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/4/19 3:24 p.m.

We are looking to get a better grill now that it's nice out. I've read good things about the brand, but of course, I'd like a GRM'r take.

This looks PARTICULARLY interesting. 

https://www.rectecgrills.com/bullseye-rt-b380-wood-pellet-grill/

My girlfriend prefers charcoal, I prefer the ease of propane. This looks like a great compromise.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/19 3:36 p.m.

I have a wood pellet grill (a Traeger, they're local and make pretty decent products) and its been pretty awesome so far.

I don't know much about this brand, but most of them work pretty similarly and can turn out some great food.

A cold smoker setup might be the only thing I might add, if you ever want to smoke your own cheeses, etc.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/4/19 3:49 p.m.

No personal experience with Rec Tec, or pellet grills of any brand, but a quick search of the BBQ Forum that I am on shows a strong following for them.

Should be a good unit.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/4/19 5:00 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

No personal experience with Rec Tec, or pellet grills of any brand, but a quick search of the BBQ Forum that I am on shows a strong following for them.

Should be a good unit.

Mind sharing what forum that is? I'd love to read a bit more about maintenance on all that.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/19 6:07 p.m.

I just bought a CampChef Woodwind pellet smoker for my birthday. Don't have it yet, but looking forward to it. Hopefully it takes a lot of the fiddling around that I've been doing with my kamodo style smoker for the past couple years. I look forward to being able to smoke something and not have to babysit it and adjust dampers etc.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/4/19 8:34 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

BBQ-Brethren

I believe there is a google search feature at the bottom of the page for guests to do a search.

If not, PM me and I will send you some links.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/4/19 9:36 p.m.

Thanks gents, I'll check out the forum you mentioned. If we decide to get one, I'll update.

Just so much stuff we need to do around the outside of the house not sure I can't justify the grill, but I really like the idea.

Staypower
Staypower New Spammer
2/10/20 8:42 p.m.

I wonder, which kind of a new kitchen faucet did you get? Recently, I was looking for a new kitchen top, and it turned out there are so many "professional [canoes]". I decided to believe one of them and I've chosen SPAM. I may be wrong, but I believe, the sent me my paddle without one detail for the installing and I'm still waiting for it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lCZJZEk1YZhSq8sNRhDosqMKsfQQ8rQVrGsd3BtPXCXrEz3wdHUG87iyAq802PDT