1 2
aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/3/08 9:54 a.m.

Hey, wait! I found the runoffs! Remember how I joked they were showing at 1 am?! Yah, that was just silly, they are on at 12 am! Silly me (of course the second one is on at 1am).

Tonight is spec Miata, so if you want to take a last look at Speed (and can't sleep)...

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/3/08 3:32 p.m.

Here's the lineup that I see every night.

Pinks 1

Pinks 2

Pinks 3

Unique Whips

Unique Whips

Pinks 1 (again)

Pinks 2 (again)

Pinks 3 (again)

Pass Time

Pass Time

Pass Time

Pass Time

Pass Time

The Stupid Tow Truck Show

The Stupid Tow Truck Show

Pinks 1 (yet again)

Pinks 2 (yet again)

Pinks 3 (yet again)

Unique Whips

Unique Whips

Unique Whips

Paid Advertisement for 6 hours

Of course I've stopped watching. SPEED has run out of ideas.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/3/08 3:36 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Hey, wait! I found the runoffs! Remember how I joked they were showing at 1 am?! Yah, that was just silly, they are on at 12 am! Silly me (of course the second one is on at 1am). Tonight is spec Miata, so if you want to take a last look at Speed (and can't sleep)...

Wait. Racing on SPEED? And it's SPEC Miata?! I might give it a go!

kpm
kpm New Reader
12/4/08 9:16 a.m.

I stopped caring about Speed TV when they stopped showing racing stuff like WRC and the V-8 Super Car Series.

To me V-8 Super Car is what nascar should be. Their season is starting now and Speed could easily show the races in a condensed version...but noooooo !!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/4/08 9:23 a.m.
kpm wrote: . To me V-8 Super Car is what nascar should be. Their season is starting now and Speed could easily show the races in a condensed version...but noooooo !!

Yes I miss v8 supercar dearly.

bravenrace
bravenrace HalfDork
12/4/08 11:21 a.m.

In reply to André Rousseau:

My viewing has been reduced to World Challenge, Koni Challenge and the Runoffs. I suppose those will be gone soon also. Its sad.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/4/08 11:27 a.m.

I found a way that I will watch Speed. At the Gym, if I forget my headphones, I will turn the TV on the elliptical to Speed. If I have headphones, I will watch something else.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/7/08 9:11 p.m.

http://www.speedtv.com/forums/viewthread/365262/

My post to them...

A.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
12/7/08 9:52 p.m.

I rarely if ever turn to SpeedTV, I mean it is so bad I won't even bother checking what is on it anymore. I have my DVR set to record any top gear that comes on. I usually watch anything on Discovery, History, Science, or Travel Channel. I also watch Top Chef, South Park, and all of the Fox cartoon's on Sunday night. But my main reasons for turning on my TV are sports (football) and Xbox360. I only watch that other stuff when I'm bored. Since upgrading to Dish Network Turbo HD we have this amazing channel called "Palladia" which plays a crap ton of live music of all sorts in HD, has all kinds of music videos, etc, it is waht MTV should always be. HD Theater always has cool stuff on cars as well.

I really wish they could offer a A LA CARTE service where you pick what channels you want from anywhere on this planet, but yea that'll never happen.

Series6
Series6 New Reader
12/7/08 10:28 p.m.

You guys got it all wrong. Nothing like watching the 19th rerun of Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2008 to put you to sleep.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/8/08 12:00 a.m.

I just canceled my cable subscription the day after the last Grand Am race of the season...

The only things I watch on Speed are F1, ALMS, Grand Am, Koni Challenge, Speed World Challenge, and occasionally I will get up early enough to catch GP2.

I want more Rally coverage...Rally America would be a good place to start. Decent international race coverage...maybe the LMS, JGTC, or V8 supercars...or all three

cyncrvr
cyncrvr New Reader
12/8/08 7:22 a.m.

Ya and have you heard their ads for 2009? They thank us for watching NASCAR in 2008 and promise to have even more NASCAR coverage in 09. What? Can that be possible? Is there anytime that isn't devoted to NASCAR? I guess the SPEED Channel people don't spend much time reading the CMM boards.

minimac
minimac Dork
12/8/08 7:43 a.m.

I just finished writing to them on their website, letting them know exactly how I (and many others) felt about their programming and some suggestions to improve it. When I got all done and went to send it, everything disappeared, it wasn't sent, and I wasted 40 minutes of my life. Goodbye Speed Channel, as far as I'm concerned, you're history.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/8/08 8:57 a.m.

I posted stuff on their forums about how much I wanted them to change a while ago.. and they deleted it.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt New Reader
12/8/08 4:16 p.m.

They aren't going to give up NASCAR any time soon. I like any and all types of auto racing, including NASCAR, but they really need to put a focus back on other forms of the sport. They could do like ESPN and make a Speed2, playing the NASCAR and "lifestyle" stuff like Wrecked, Unique Whips etc... (bleh) I actually like Pinks All Out and Barrett Jackson (if not just to see the cars), though the regular Pinks is mostly yelling and sandbagging. Cut down on the reruns and then return the original Speed to road racing, WRC, Baja etc...

speedblind
speedblind New Reader
12/8/08 7:13 p.m.

Bringing this back up - has anybody seen the show Ultimate Factories?

It was on randomly the other night and I DVR'd four of 'em: building a BMW Z4, a firetruck and a couple other cars. Very cool/informative shows. Why can't Speed make more of this type of programming?

Also got the SCCA Spec Miata runoffs but haven't watched that yet.

Carson
Carson Reader
12/8/08 8:44 p.m.
speedblind wrote: Bringing this back up - has anybody seen the show Ultimate Factories? It was on randomly the other night and I DVR'd four of 'em: building a BMW Z4, a firetruck and a couple other cars. Very cool/informative shows. Why can't Speed make more of this type of programming? Also got the SCCA Spec Miata runoffs but haven't watched that yet.

I have seen all of the Ultimate factory shows, I thought they were on like the History channel and not on Speed.

The "new" (first airing) SCCA runoff coverage is every Wednesday starting at noon and another class right afterward at 1. I am disappointed they aren't showing all classes this year, like they typically do.

That's all I watch Speed for. I tried to watch the Monterey Historics coverage but it was really lacking compared to other years.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/9/08 10:42 a.m.
speedblind wrote: Also got the SCCA Spec Miata runoffs but haven't watched that yet.

One thing interesting to watch for: When they show a shot of a driver they show his name under the shot, as well as what type of car he is driving.... .....duhhh!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/9/08 11:28 a.m.

ultimate factories was shot for the National Geographic channel first..

Those shows are over a year old.

NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
12/9/08 9:23 p.m.

My local cable company took Speed out of their analog package and made it digital only. I did not want to pay the extra cost of going digital so no Speed. I haven't missed it.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
12/10/08 9:32 a.m.

BMW's Spartanburg plant is really cool. I love how the Z4 si engine is made. They pump the Magnesium liquid into the shell with a ram in less than a second (so it doesn't catch on fire?)!

But I think since Fox bought SPEED (correct me if this is wrong), the channel has been turned into extra crap that Fox can't show when the NFL is on. It's all the NASCAR stuff that they cannot show while other programming is on. Isn't half the NASCAR season carried on Fox? Then they switch over to SPEED (and stop playing 40 reruns in a row of Unique Whips, Yo). It's just an overflow network now.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/10/08 9:48 a.m.

SPEED has really gone down the toilet. There is just no reason for me to watch it. It's really sad when a dyed in the wool car guy can't stand a channel which purports to be all about cars.

Barrett-Jackson is a bunch of guys waving their financial penises.

The premise of PINKS has promise but instead it's just plain idiotic and obviously aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Unique Whips is nothing more than a smart ass jerk adding pimp out crap with no real performance benefit.

I won't bother to watch the wrecker show because it's their answer to Deadliest Catch which is a real snoozer for me.

The last time I tried to DVR something it got bumped for something stupid so I just don't bother anymore.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
12/10/08 1:49 p.m.

NASCAR toilet specs: revealed and Cooking with NASCAR will not be seen tonight so we can bring you the following messages...

Speed has been worthless ever since they stopped showing WRC.

byron12
byron12 New Reader
12/11/08 3:37 a.m.

check out the dumbass in this clip refering to a v8 miata having knocked over all of the pointer cones what a douche. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3bf-k0NsWk

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
12/11/08 10:36 a.m.

Scumcast Cable sometime in the last week started carrying Speed in HD.

Let's just say it's taken me a while to notice

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LzQcMq3HFXRARio3pRV7T0MJq433iRXO4js9IowkR2w1vFt53ebkKF9upxgvMFzh