1 2 3 4 ... 15
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/09 2:39 p.m.

Week 1: October 30,2009 - November 02,2009, Official timing begins at 6:00pm EST and ends at 6:00am EST.

No limit on track time before (recce) or during the official timing session, times set during recce can not be counted.

Laguna Seca 10 laps

CLASSES:

MF: Modified Front Any front wheel drive production class vehicle.

MR: Modified Rear Any rear wheel drive production class vehicle including MR and RR

M4: Modified 4 Wheel Any all wheel drive production class vehicle

Post your best single lap time and total lap time as well as a complete description of your vehicle before Tuesday 6:00pm.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/28/09 2:50 p.m.

the escudo isn't a production car is it?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 2:51 p.m.

NICE!

I like it. Are we allowed multiple entries?

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/28/09 2:51 p.m.

what about a separate class (per Car Class) for guys doing it with a wheel? (6 total classes, 3 for modified controller, 3 for modified wheel)

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 2:52 p.m.
Autolex wrote: the escudo isn't a production car is it?

Nope, it's not... and i don't think it's in GT4, anyways, or at least that i've seen in my 52.1% completion status.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 2:52 p.m.
Autolex wrote: what about a separate class (per Car Class) for guys doing it with a wheel? (6 total classes, 3 for modified controller, 3 for modified wheel)

Does the wheel really make that much of a difference? I haven't tried one, but i had no problems keeping up with the wheel guys on 4chan this past weekend.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/28/09 2:59 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: ...but i had no problems keeping up with the wheel guys on 4chan this past weekend.

Ahh, that exprains it right there.

John Brown
10/28/09 3:01 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: NICE! I like it. Are we allowed multiple entries?

One entry per class

Wheels and OE controllers intermingle unless there is a definate performance disadvantage. Please note controller when posting times.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 3:02 p.m.
Autolex wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: ...but i had no problems keeping up with the wheel guys on 4chan this past weekend.

Yeah... point taken. BUT, one guy did manage to horse a 1082hp TVR Speed 12 around Trial Mountain in 1:13. I was MIGHTILY impressed by that. That car is completely horrifying around any course. Closest i could get was 1:15 in the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 3:03 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: NICE! I like it. Are we allowed multiple entries?
One entry per class Wheels and OE controllers intermingle unless there is a definate performance disadvantage. Please note controller when posting times.

Ok, cool. I imagine i'll be most competitive in the FWD class, but i'll probably enter all three just for something to do.

John Brown
10/28/09 3:10 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Autolex wrote:
Yeah... point taken. BUT, one guy did manage to horse a 1082hp TVR Speed 12 around Trial Mountain in 1:13. I was MIGHTILY impressed by that. That car is completely horrifying around any course. Closest i could get was 1:15 in the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II.

Keeping a 1082hp Speed 12 going straight down the Vegas Strip is hard enough, this kid must have electronic balls of steel.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 3:14 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Autolex wrote:
Keeping a 1082hp Speed 12 going straight down the Vegas Strip is hard enough, this kid must have electronic balls of steel.

Yeahhh... and knowing the demographic of that site, he probably WAS a kid. Maybe just getting into the throes of puberty.

I figured "Well hell, if he can get that time only 2 seconds faster with 400 more hp, i guess i'll build one and destroy his time, beat him at his own game!!"

WRONG.

Best i can get out of the Speed 12 is like 1:26. Made me so angry that i wasted 750k or whatever on that car.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/28/09 8:25 p.m.

I am up for it, I have plenty of time this weekend, Good Luck!

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/28/09 8:48 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Is there a No Wheel break? I only have the OE controller no wheel (I can still hustle a car with the controllers though)

Controller is all I know. Ever since the first GT came out I've been using the controllers. I do worse trying to use a wheel.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/28/09 9:22 p.m.

I am ready for GT5....

John Brown
10/29/09 6:07 a.m.

I am still not ready for a PS3

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/29/09 7:59 a.m.

I am entirely ready for a ps3 and GT5 to come out... but in the mean time, I am still loving me some GT4 on any one of my 3 ps2's.

Can we have the current records reflected in the first post on this page when they start getting posted? (making things easier to check)

I am looking forward to spending a little time sunday taking some time to build a car up for RWD... I am thinking maybe a Viper? I dunno, I want something lightweight and EASY to control. I really like the BMW M3 GTR or whatever it is, but it's way underpowered for some of the crap that you guys may come up with!

are we going to have budget limited races in this series?

John Brown
10/29/09 8:08 a.m.

I think you must be able to BUY the car, no prize cars can be used.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/29/09 8:11 a.m.
Autolex wrote: I am looking forward to spending a little time sunday taking some time to build a car up for RWD... I am thinking maybe a Viper?

I went and set a time with a Ford GT I already had, then built a Viper GTS to try and beat it. Didn't work. But I can't drive, either.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/29/09 8:37 a.m.
John Brown wrote: I think you must be able to BUY the car, no prize cars can be used.

well by that logic, for $4M i can get an audi R10... or Toyota GT-0ne...

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/29/09 8:51 a.m.

or do you mean street legal?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 8:52 a.m.
Autolex wrote:
John Brown wrote: I think you must be able to BUY the car, no prize cars can be used.
well by that logic, for $4M i can get an audi R10... or Toyota GT-0ne...

Street Production cars only.

The majority of the prize cars are race cars of some sort, so they're out.

If you guys post up your times and car details, i can update the first post with a running update usually daily. Just please don't spam the thread with 8 posts in a row with "I improved on my time by 0.024 of a second!"

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/29/09 9:57 a.m.

I'm on standard controller too. Looks like I've got something to do Sunday after all.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/29/09 10:10 a.m.

Someone needs to make an mIRC chatroom or something for this weekend so we can all talk smack.

Or hell, even AIM would work. Anyone up for that?

I'm hoping to put a beat down on FF category. My favorite AWD car is just way too far down on power to be a threat. 496hp just won't cut it against you people running Skylines, 3000GTs, and the like.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/29/09 11:43 a.m.

can we make a requirement that the class winners have to disclose the car configuration? (spring rates, turbo/supercharger, camber, sway bar rates)...

1 2 3 4 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VjblnXwWqTWQ1sBbFyaesPbSxN4lb9iF1USXfqOntzgFR9T7SlPOw1WiQhu5D2Er