1 2 3
stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/3/15 11:03 p.m.

I'm listening to Tangerine Dream on Youtube and this thought came to me.

Go.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
1/4/15 7:02 a.m.

Foghat

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/15 7:28 a.m.

I was SO excited to buy a C&C Music Factory cassette with my lawn mowing money. I wore that sucker out. It was an instrumental part of wooing girls when I was in 6th grade.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/4/15 7:55 a.m.

I found a Meat Puppet cassette from my teenage years not long ago. Man that's some weird stuff.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/4/15 8:42 a.m.

i remember what the hell i was thinking when i listened to everything i've ever been into... the only stuff i come close to regretting was the stuff when i was 10 years old or so and didn't know anything about music other than what i saw on MTV. and since i turned 10 years old in 1985, i thought some weird stuff was "normal".

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/4/15 8:47 a.m.

Uriah Heep.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
1/4/15 9:15 a.m.

Soon you will pass this stage and appreciate them again. I listen to American Top 40 replays from the 70s and 80s while I work and find that I still enjoy most of the songs that I loved then cringed about. Twisted Sister, K.C & The Sunshine Band, Miami Sound Machine and many others. But Captain and Tennille...THEY make me realize I had a stupid streak in the 70s. Listen to "Muskrat Love"...I dare ya!!

Bruce

(Manilow ROCKS!!)

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/4/15 9:22 a.m.

ACDC.

But I'd happily visit with Brian Jones at a track event.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/15 9:31 a.m.

In the garage, I tend to listen to a lot of bad music that I didn't like in the 70's. It's still bad music, but it reminds me of when I was eight years old and I like that.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
1/4/15 9:39 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Uriah Heep.

You shut your whore mouth!

Easy livin' is a great song.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/4/15 9:41 a.m.

System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine. I still like most other metal and rock I listen to in high school but the frenetic screaming I can't lesten to now and once I got into the real world my politics pretty much flipped to the opposite of theirs.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/15 9:46 a.m.

Anything Ozzy Osbourne. I probably had every album, went to Ozzfest twice (1999 w/ Black Sabbath, 2000 with Ozzy's band), and now I can't stand the guy.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
1/4/15 9:48 a.m.

Prodigy, Godsmack.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/4/15 10:04 a.m.

I have the opposite problem, I am finding myself liking songs that I hated when I was younger.

And I still like old Ozzy, pre- Blizzard of Oz Ozzy. New stuff: meh, not so much. Plus he's crazy, so I don't want to spend an afternoon shooting the breeze with him. Now Brian Johnson would probably be a hoot to hang out with.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
1/4/15 10:13 a.m.

Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I understand why I used to like them, but for some reason I now find their music cliche and irritating.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/4/15 10:21 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Same here.

I do have tons of CDs I've bought either because of a single song, or someone I trust said they were good, or the album cover and/or band name was cool, that turned out to be absolute crap. Occasionally I'll wonder if the disc was really as bad as I remember...most of the time the answer is still "yes".

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
1/4/15 1:03 p.m.

Dead Kennedys! Honestly, what adolescent can listen to "Too Drunk to Berkeley" and not giggle his arse off?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/4/15 1:05 p.m.

U2. I dig Joshua Tree and still flat love Achtung Baby, but haven't listened to them in years. Almost embarrassed to admit it.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/15 3:11 p.m.

Fishbone

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
1/4/15 3:15 p.m.

ANY ska cover band or song.

Ever.

Sooooooo embarrassed.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/4/15 6:35 p.m.

It pains me to say it, but the Dave Matthews Band. Tried to listen to them a while ago and I'm not sure why I ever bought the CD.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
1/4/15 7:18 p.m.

I used to love INXS, I'm not really comfortable admitting that.

Welcome to wherever you are was a great record. I can't listen to it with out thinking about the shameful train wreck that that band became. (In more ways than the demise of MH).

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
1/4/15 7:34 p.m.

The DeFranco Family. I was n the sixth grade.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/15 7:58 p.m.

I have to add tripping daisy as well.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
1/4/15 8:01 p.m.

Blink 182

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NsDXX5hMTvJJaEJRWMUCPnLiHSlkVSusj97J1e7XNw23dOv0a5GmVam8ONvEcVV1