1 2 3
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/4/15 10:59 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: Dead Kennedys! Honestly, what adolescent can listen to "Too Drunk to Berkeley" and not giggle his arse off?

Hey, holiday in Cambodia is a great song.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/4/15 11:01 p.m.

Hootie and the blowfish, butthole surfers, bush, and one that is sure to rile the nativrs- nirvana. Can't berkeleying stand nirvana. I don't know wtf I was thinking.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
1/5/15 12:56 a.m.

Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock...

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/5/15 1:00 a.m.
akamcfly wrote: ANY ska cover band or song. Ever. Sooooooo embarrassed.

Dude, I still love me some Aquabats and Less Than Jake.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/5/15 1:17 a.m.

When I was a kid I owned a Vanilla Ice tape at one point. My dad listened to it then destroyed it in front of me.

At the time I was mad but now I am grateful. Thanks, Dad.

I still like a lot of the music I can remember from my youth, as long as it's kid friendly.

Still LOVE Big Wreck!

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/5/15 1:18 a.m.
Lancer007 wrote:

I still like Reel Big Fish and Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
1/5/15 5:07 a.m.
The_Jed wrote:
Lancer007 wrote:
I still like Reel Big Fish and Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

It's a free country.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
1/5/15 6:37 a.m.

Most of the late 90s rap/rock/dj on a stage with a "rock" band.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
1/5/15 6:47 a.m.

In reply to akamcfly:

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/5/15 6:56 a.m.
driver109x wrote: Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock...

I was actually going to add limp whatever. I respect kid rock because the man truly does care about his fans (see his ticket price wars and his soldier work) and is actually a pretty talented artist.

Add Marilyn Manson too the list

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/5/15 7:04 a.m.

"Love" might be a strong word but... I admit to cranking up Too Fast For Love in a '89 Camaro with the T-Tops out and a Kraco Booster making all kinds of awful noise. I have to go wash my mind after typing that. Until Poison and Ratt came along... they were bottom of the barrel.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
1/5/15 10:44 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I have the opposite problem, I am finding myself liking songs that I hated when I was younger.

This. Growing up it was either country with my mom or oldies with my dad. I never cared for contemporary music. Keep in mind I turned 13 in '97.

For the past few years I've been mostly listening to late 90's top 40/alternative.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
1/5/15 11:38 a.m.

I have, In my opinion Impeccable taste in music

I still love everything I ever loved. Some perhaps not as much as I did when I was 16 and some a lot more than I used to.

There was the point in my "musical development" where I was avidly looking for what it was in music that I loved and since at 14 years old I wasn't sure what it was or if it even had a name I burned through anything I could. I will never intentionally listen to suicidal tendencies again but I understand why I liked it then. Same with COC, SOD, The Accused and all the other crossover albums I used to have.

This weekend the wife and I blasted the Wipers "Is this real?" and X "Los Angeles" and I realized I have owned at least one copy of each album since 1988. Those albums (and many, many others) still hit me as hard now as they did then.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
1/5/15 12:00 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: I found a Meat Puppet cassette from my teenage years not long ago. Man that's some weird stuff.

Too High To Die was a pretty amazing, straightforward rock album. A lot of their other stuff was pretty strange, though. Music snobs dig them to this day. Mark Maron did a great podcast with Kurt Kirkwood maybe 6 months ago.

Anyway, my answer is Live. I saw them live (no pun) twice in '91 and '94, IIRC. Not sure what I was thinking.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/5/15 12:07 p.m.

Phish.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/5/15 12:15 p.m.
gamby wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote: I found a Meat Puppet cassette from my teenage years not long ago. Man that's some weird stuff.
Too High To Die was a pretty amazing, straightforward rock album. A lot of their other stuff was pretty strange, though. Music snobs dig them to this day. Mark Maron did a great podcast with Kurt Kirkwood maybe 6 months ago. Anyway, my answer is Live. I saw them live (no pun) twice in '91 and '94, IIRC. Not sure what I was thinking.

No, I still like it, it's jut weird. It's weird to find something like that and Immediately have a flashback to the first time you heard it.

"Last trip I took, was a boat that floated on it's back all day, in the middle of a song, about trees that are scared of the dark"

Oh, and somebody mentioned Godsmack...I'd reather listen to the sound of my own testicles getting ripped off by a rabid wolverine or a venomous duck than have to listen to those berkeleyers. Seriously berkeley Godsmack! I want to punch those berkeleyers in the face extremely hard! berkeley them! berkeley their mothers for having them!

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
1/5/15 12:18 p.m.
JtspellS wrote: Most of the late 90s rap/rock/dj on a stage with a "rock" band.

Yep. Limp Bizkit being at the forefront.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
1/5/15 12:30 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:
JtspellS wrote: Most of the late 90s rap/rock/dj on a stage with a "rock" band.
LOL @ Nick Yep. Limp Bizkit being at the forefront.

1999-2001 was a real void in "good" music. Even the underground was hurting for awhile.

While mainstream music is just hideous now, at least the underground is really fertile, IMHO.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/5/15 12:50 p.m.
gamby wrote:
Too High To Die was a pretty amazing, straightforward rock album. A lot of their other stuff was pretty strange, though. Music snobs dig them to this day. Mark Maron did a great podcast with Kurt Kirkwood maybe 6 months ago. Anyway, my answer is Live. I saw them live (no pun) twice in '91 and '94, IIRC. Not sure what I was thinking.

I love me some Too High to Die. That's a GREAT album.

I am ashamed to admit I was a KISS fan way back when. WTF was I thinking? I am also done with U2, their early stuff was bleeding edge but their later pretentious stuff wrecked all that for me.

A perennial favorite which I never get tired of: Pink Floyd. I can crank up 'Meddle' and it's like hearing it for the first time all over again. Same with 'Dark Side of the Moon'.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
1/5/15 1:02 p.m.

Boy you guys liked some real crappy E36 M3.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
1/5/15 1:04 p.m.

Can't believe I wasted money on Metallica CDs when I heard all the stuff on the radio.

That was my biggest regret. I'd hear a band on the radio and say "hey, I like this." Then I'd go spend hard earned money on a CD, only to hear the entire album on the radio over the next year.

thealbatross
thealbatross New Reader
1/5/15 1:58 p.m.

Creed... ugh. What more can I say, I was a stupid teenager. I also listened to pop country for a while, sometimes I switch on the country station now and wonder how I ever endured listening to it.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
1/5/15 2:53 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: I'd reather listen to the sound of my own testicles getting ripped off by a rabid wolverine or a venomous duck than have to listen to those berkeleyers.

So it is safe to say that you do not like them?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
1/5/15 2:56 p.m.

Train

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/5/15 4:12 p.m.

I have to admit, I was a pretty big Scorpions fan back in my early teenage years---- not so much anymore. I think (like a lot of bands) they got worse with age, while my tastes were growing up a bit.

I'm with Crumudgeon though..... I still enjoy Pink Floyd, although the radio has ruined most of their better known stuff. I'm still a big fan of The Final Cut, Meddle, Animals, and Roger Water's Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i5iPz7h8fgxsPwsBvFGxGaUR98rXK0NHCL45JmFvvUz3OpLyUUIEKQsZAen1jgom