Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/6/17 11:05 p.m.

Yankees must want to cut their wrists.  

Indians year, I say.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/17 11:17 p.m.

I hope you're right.  Been waiting my whole life for a World Series win.  Was at wins 99/100 last week, quite the experience going to a night game then a noon game the next day.  

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/7/17 12:57 a.m.

From what I'm getting one Yankees fan is happy to make it and welcomes the experience whilst admitting the rookie got ' judged', well that's my spiel.  My pitchers pool had Bauer who lamed out on me a few years ago. Decent this year for me. Not a legacy league just went with him again. Would probably have won if Cueto hadn't been hurt but can't complain because Johnny ball game essentially won me my first 90s 200sx a few years ago which I've loved since. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/7/17 12:58 a.m.

Oh yeah go Nat'nals. Inside inside joke.smiley

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/7/17 8:18 a.m.

GO  TRIBE!!!!!!  (and i'm livin' in the houston area) wink 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/7/17 11:13 a.m.

Cubs fan here! Go cubbies!!!!

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
10/7/17 11:18 a.m.

Being a reds fan sucks.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/7/17 11:40 a.m.
BoostedBrandon said:

Being a reds fan sucks.

Try being a mariners fan

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/7/17 12:45 p.m.
D2W said:
BoostedBrandon said:

Being a reds fan sucks.

Try being a mariners fan

I still haven't gotten over that 100+ win season with Ichiro and the boys, losing in the divisional series...or was it long enough ago it was the AL Series?  That is a while ago, now.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/7/17 4:54 p.m.

Rooting for Boston...

ReRealistically week ago I called the NL Pennant as Cubs/Dodgers and I stand by that. At this point I'm saying AL will be Astros/Indians.  Beyond that, I couldn't say. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/7/17 8:48 p.m.

Now, now.  The Dodgers have bought and paid for the World Series victory so let's just let the capitalism of baseball play out.

cheeky

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/9/17 5:10 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
D2W said:
BoostedBrandon said:

Being a reds fan sucks.

Try being a mariners fan

I still haven't gotten over that 100+ win season with Ichiro and the boys, losing in the divisional series...or was it long enough ago it was the AL Series?  That is a while ago, now.

116 wins, lost in the ALCS to the Yankees, haven't been back to the playoffs. That was a huge wasted opportunity.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/11/17 11:26 a.m.

So, let's get this out there: I am not a Dusty Baker fan, and have not been a Dusty Baker fan since 2004. I had been into baseball for about 6 years at that point, and at 14 was playing HS ball and starting to actually understand some of the intricacies of the game. 

WTF was that? What was the point of that. Surely Dusty realizes that Maddon and his teams are among the coolest, calmest bunch in baseball. Trying to get into their heads isn't going to do much, especially for something like this. And the reasons that he gave? Surely he knew that the truth about the bullpen would come out. Why not just give a non-answer? Something like "Well, you know we need to have a meeting between Stras, me, and Maddux, and decide what we're doing. Stras has told us he's ready no matter what, but the truth is he's feeling a little under the weather and we as a team need to convene to make sure we put our best team forward for this game", or even just "Hey, pitching isn't our issue. The dam will break. A little Texas league blooper is all that is standing between us and a 2-1 lead. We haven't made a decision yet, but we're not ruling anything out".

I just don't get Dusty. I'm not even mad about the game being postponed. I'm not mad about the cubbies having to face a better pitcher than they would have had the game been played on the day it was supposed to. I'm just annoyed at the stupidity of it all. (I know, kids game, ball and sticks, blah blah blah. Don't tell me it doesn't matter. It does.)

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/11/17 12:29 p.m.

If not the  Cubs I'd like to see the Indians win--- they showed a ton of class in last year's series, and they are a lot of fun to watch.  

If not the Indians---I'd like to see Houston win, as they've been thorough a lot this year, and the extra income  provided by hosting a World Series would be a boon to their economy. 

I love playoff baseball--- it strips all the money, and B.S. away, and turns grown men into little kids again.  These guys play their hearts out not because they want a new contract, or better incentives,  but because they have had dreams of winning the World Series their entire lives.  Lots of human drama--- love it! 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/17 6:17 p.m.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Mr Ferrell. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/11/17 11:18 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Yankees must want to cut their wrists.  

Indians year, I say.

Two things jump to mind- This is a very good example of why I don't bet on sports, and one may hope, but should never bet against the Yankees.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
10/12/17 5:44 a.m.

Dang it Indians! 

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/12/17 10:53 a.m.

Berk the Yankees. Rooting for the Nats to get their first ring. 

Bright side for the mets, Collins and the current training staff are out, and the AAA team is moving to Syracuse in '18 or '19. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/12/17 11:04 a.m.

Obviously I want the Cubs to win, but if not the Cubs, then the Astros. Anyone but Dusty. 

I'm actually OK with the Yankees, mostly because I like Joe Girardi.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/12/17 1:08 p.m.

After my experience with Yankees "fans" at Yankee Stadium playing the Cubs in interleague, the Yankees and their fans can die in a car fire. I have my reasons.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/12/17 2:05 p.m.
mtn said:

Obviously I want the Cubs to win, but if not the Cubs, then the Astros. Anyone but Dusty. 

I met Joe Girardi once when I lived in Denver.  He was the catcher for the Rockies at the time.  I ran into him at a Blockbuster movie store. (remember those?)  He was there with his wife.   He was very nice and pleasant........she was not.   I felt bad for him, as she was berating him and was obviously not in a good mood.  Who knows....maybe he picked Major League to watch.....again, and she wanted the Notebook or something....

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/12/17 2:27 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:
mtn said:

I met Joe Girardi once when I lived in Denver.  He was the catcher for the Rockies at the time.  I ran into him at a Blockbuster movie store. (remember those?)  He was there with his wife.   He was very nice and pleasant........she was not.   I felt bad for him, as she was berating him and was obviously not in a good mood.  Who knows....maybe he picked Major League to watch.....again, and she wanted the Notebook or something....

Bummer if his wife is a not very nice person. Could be a bad day though. 

In any case, I just always liked him. He grew up in the same area that I spent 8 years in for college and after college. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/12/17 4:37 p.m.
mtn said:
Joe Gearin said:
mtn said:

Bummer if his wife is a not very nice person. Could be a bad day though. 

In any case, I just always liked him. He grew up in the same area that I spent 8 years in for college and after college. 

Eight years? Was your nickname Bluto? devil

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
10/12/17 7:04 p.m.

Hey!  The Yankees won!smiley

rypycen
rypycen New Reader
10/12/17 9:23 p.m.

I hope you're right

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners