1 2 3
mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/18/17 8:21 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm not ready to declare a Dodgers-Yankees World Series yet, but I'm ready to call the Dodgers for the NL.  

Given my history in predicting baseball results, I should probably hit Vegas and lay down some money on the Cubs.

Don't you dare put money on the Cubs. But keep predicting the Dodgers, I think it is our only hope.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/18/17 12:58 p.m.
mtn said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm not ready to declare a Dodgers-Yankees World Series yet, but I'm ready to call the Dodgers for the NL.  

Given my history in predicting baseball results, I should probably hit Vegas and lay down some money on the Cubs.

Don't you dare put money on the Cubs. But keep predicting the Dodgers, I think it is our only hope.

I think we are past any hope... AL series could go either way still, based on bullpens, but Sweet Calico Kitten, do the Dodgers have a boatload of pitchers in the pen.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/19/17 2:28 p.m.

Berk the stankees........Dodgers all the way!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/19/17 10:22 p.m.

who don't like a grand slam in playoff ball

congrats Dodgers

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/20/17 10:49 p.m.

Verlander.  What a job. Saturday night game seven.  I think it might be fun.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/21/17 8:56 a.m.

oops a little premature on my part ('stros) ,but not gettin' a warm  fuzzy from Charlie Morton taking the hill against CC frown

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/24/17 9:55 p.m.

That was some pitching, there.  Houston pitchers made twice as many mistakes as the Dodgers, for a game total of three...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/25/17 11:35 p.m.

And this is like two completely different games in the same evening.  You just have to laugh.

I don't even know who I'm cheering for yet.  Astros, I think.  Maybe.  I like that ginger savage playing third for the Dodgers.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/30/17 11:31 a.m.

I heard the tv ratings are down this year for the series, and based on the quiet in this thread, it seems to confirm.

You guys should be watching.  This E36 M3 is fun to watch.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/30/17 11:46 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I heard the tv ratings are down this year for the series, and based on the quiet in this thread, it seems to confirm.

I'm watching. Just not real interested in the conversation, as I'm not emotionally invested in it this year.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/30/17 12:11 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I watch.  But since I have a job that requires me to get up at 6am, I also can't really get much past the 4th inning.

IMHO, it makes sense that ratings are down- late games, and not my market.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/30/17 12:18 p.m.
alfadriver said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I watch.  But since I have a job that requires me to get up at 6am, I also can't really get much past the 4th inning.

IMHO, it makes sense that ratings are down- late games, and not my market.

And on top of that, last year was a huge deal with the Cubs. Admittedly, you'd think with the 2nd and 4th largest markets they'd do better than the 3rd largest market and wherever Cleveland falls, but at the end of the day the two longest droughts met--and the Cubs have probably the second largest fanbase in the country. I just don't think that Houston has that much pull. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/17 12:20 p.m.

Holy hell, what a game surprise

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/30/17 12:31 p.m.

Yeah, if you have ANY interest in baseball, you really missed some CRAZY games!

Not sure if the next (2?) will be the same, but there is a trend...

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
10/30/17 4:47 p.m.

I am not a fan but my wife used to live in Houston so she's been following the Astros.  

The other night, for the first time I heard the Astros referred to as the  'Stros.  I thought, "what sacrilege".  Stos and baseball used to always mean Stroh's Beer and The Detroit Tigers.  

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/30/17 5:00 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

Holy hell, what a game surprise

One of the best world series games I've ever seen.

Both teams played their hearts out.

Maybe put that loss on Jansen but the bullpen was getting thin.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/17 5:07 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Ironically, I missed the first 4 games.

I'm usually not in to baseball but there was nothing else on.

I'm glad I caught the game though surprise.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/1/17 11:06 p.m.

HOUSTON ASTROS 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH HELLYEAH

neon-cougar-4891
neon-cougar-4891 MegaDork
11/2/17 6:07 a.m.

Nothing like a post tragedy championship. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/2/17 8:09 a.m.

I enjoyed that series, except for the modern Fox method of filming.  Who ever was directing must have just woken up before the game last night, when Houston scored the first run on the ground ball to the first baseman.  They were unable to show the play, and the run crossing home, which was apparently interesting...I may have to accept that the first baseman didn't have time to attempt a therw home, but it would have been nice to ACTUALLY SEE IT!

Now, a note to modern camera operators and directors: 

Just because your camera is capable of focusing in tight enough that we can see every pore on the pitchers face doesn't mean that it is interesting, or pertinent.  Pull back and let us see the game, please.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
J0gvptZY56Kva86JrC5iF4o0EU2UQuqURpSOM0fUb2HxHwgs7WPejXbVbSBQFm1Z