1 2 3
mtn
mtn SuperDork
10/11/09 2:13 p.m.
DustoffDave wrote: Not sure if anyone here has heard of Cowboy Mouth, but, yeah, them.

I saw them play live. Great music. My uncle was driving me home from hockey practice when i was about 7 and blew the speakers in his brand new Cadillac listening to them. My ears still hurt.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/11/09 2:33 p.m.

Tons of good suggestions already, so I'll add these two.

For high-octane driving: Prodigy

For cruisin', I'm fond of Cake

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
10/11/09 3:27 p.m.

Surprised no one has mentioned Stevie Ray Vaughn

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter HalfDork
10/11/09 4:01 p.m.
alex wrote: Motörhead. /thread.

I concur. Though I also agree with Salanis.

toad9977
toad9977 New Reader
10/11/09 5:18 p.m.

Wide range here: Atmosphere Sevendust Skindred

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
10/11/09 7:10 p.m.

I also say CAKE!!!!

My favorite band!!!!

Chris

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
10/11/09 10:06 p.m.

Credence Clearwater Revival.

Just ask The Dude.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
10/11/09 10:58 p.m.

Explosions in the Sky

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
10/12/09 12:28 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: Explosions in the Sky

YES! On long road trips I'll rock out to some ExpIosions in the Sky, ISIS, Pelican, and some other stuff.

If I start to doze off I'll play "War Ensemble" by Slayer!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
10/12/09 7:13 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Credence Clearwater Revival. Just ask The Dude.

The Dude also strongly endorses the Eagles.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
10/12/09 4:08 p.m.

Clutch: It's not just a part of your car anymore! All of my other choices have been mentioned already.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/12/09 4:16 p.m.

DragonForce

unless, as someone else noted, you don't want a speeding ticket.

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez New Reader
10/12/09 5:29 p.m.

AC/DC

The Funky Meters

Skynyrd

Doors

Jimi Hendrix

cxhb
cxhb Reader
10/12/09 10:41 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Tons of good suggestions already, so I'll add these two. For high-octane driving: Prodigy For cruisin', I'm fond of Cake

WIN.

other stuff to try: A day to remember- album: Homesick, songs 1,2,3,5,10.

Reverend horton heat- songs for driving hard: galaxy 500, and psychobilly freakout.

If your in a technoish mood: massive attack, and DJ Shadow stuff. i feel like a ton of DJ shadow stuff is awesome for just driving along on windy country roads till you get lost.

for the even harder crowd: As blood runs black: my fears have turned to phobias and Mortal Treason, album: sunrise over a sea of blood. lots of screamy stuff... youve been warned.

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
10/13/09 8:03 a.m.

I am so all over the Cake and Prodigy...

I also like Audioslave (their first, self titled album is pretty dern good!), Rage Against the Machine, Golden Earring (come on! radar love is god!), Powerman 5000, Mindless Self Indulgence, Static-X! Korn!

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
10/13/09 4:43 p.m.

Duran Duran

or if you want to die, or at the very least get a ticket then put on Prodigy!

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/13/09 5:23 p.m.

songs about driving: Swervedriver ("Raise" is a great album)

general driving music: Mission of Burma ("Vs." is probably my favorite album of all time)

Luke
Luke Dork
10/14/09 3:46 a.m.

Cake is a great suggestion.

But for something heavier/faster-paced, I'd prefer the MC5 or the Beastie Boys.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/14/09 4:29 a.m.

I like listening to Within Temptation's Dark Symphony while driving around on a windy wet day.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
10/15/09 4:30 p.m.

Golden Earing's Radar-Love is THE BEST driving song ever!!! But Molly Hatchet's Flirtin' with Disaster or Red Barchetta by Rush aint bad

4eyes
4eyes Reader
10/15/09 4:32 p.m.

Note to self: check out some newer bands recomended.

Vigo
Vigo New Reader
10/15/09 9:32 p.m.
Golden Earing's Radar-Love is THE BEST driving song ever!!! But Molly Hatchet's Flirtin' with Disaster or Red Barchetta by Rush aint bad

Damn! two posts away from being the first and only to mention RUSH. Thats my personal pick. Doesnt seem popular in this crowd.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
10/16/09 12:00 a.m.
Vigo wrote:
Damn! two posts away from being the first and only to mention RUSH. Thats my personal pick. Doesnt seem popular in this crowd.

I like Rush. Working Man gets my vote as their best song, though

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
10/16/09 8:10 a.m.
petegossett wrote: Iron Maiden....unless you don't want a ticket.

FTW.

Although I usually have a few other CD's as well to mix things up a bit. But when I have No More Lies on, I have a hell of a time not keeping it planted WFO.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Reader
10/16/09 9:15 a.m.
Vigo wrote:

No, you aren't the only one. Some of us have just been been busy being the "working man" and all that. I didn't get 2112 as my land speed racing number by chance.

A few years ago a buddy & I ran up to CT from PA and back in one day to get a parts car. We listened to Rush the whole day. Studio albums only in order of original release. Went from their self titled first all the way to Presto. Had we taken the parts car to his place in lower DE we might have hit the full catalog.

-Rob

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
avf1rfT2mksbBKKBo9MZjeR9LSPoxqT5auKhIF1p5DiR1VgcbIqtGZ43JY0kX55K