dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/24 8:45 p.m.

My wife joined me on a work trip this week to Pittsburgh. Part of the itinerary was going to see Bruce and the E Street Band on Thursday night at the PPG arena. I've never been a huge fan of his but I sure am now. The dude is 74 years old and played for 2:54 straight! And I mean straight!

if you have the chance, I highly recommend catching one of his shows. It really was incredible! 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/19/24 9:16 a.m.

Rock on and I heard that his shows go into extra innings. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
8/19/24 9:21 a.m.

Saw him at the Fox Theater in Atlanta for the "Ghost Of Tom Joad" tour. It was Bruce, a guitar, a bar stool, and nothing else. Absolutely amazing show. I've never seen him play with the E-Street band and I'm sure they are amazing, but I'll never know because I don't want to break that memory. That acoustic show was damn near perfect.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
8/19/24 11:27 a.m.

I'm seeing him in a few weeks in Baltimore. Can't wait. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/19/24 11:37 a.m.

Bruce seems to be that guy who comes out, does one sang, sounds utterly exhausted, then proceeds to do four more hours straight without even taking a sip of water. The guy is an absolute machine. I can only imagine how much more unstoppable he'd be if Larry David didn't give him Covid.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/19/24 12:13 p.m.
slefain said:

Saw him at the Fox Theater in Atlanta for the "Ghost Of Tom Joad" tour. It was Bruce, a guitar, a bar stool, and nothing else. Absolutely amazing show. I've never seen him play with the E-Street band and I'm sure they are amazing, but I'll never know because I don't want to break that memory. That acoustic show was damn near perfect.

That would be super cool! Having been to see him now, I'd absolutely go again.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/19/24 4:54 p.m.

I saw him 10 years ago when Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine was touring with him. Double-whammy for me. Both of those dudes go hard!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/24 7:45 p.m.

I saw him at Giant's Stadium in 1985 and then again in Hartford around '99. He puts an amazing amount of energy into his shows. You definitely get your money's worth. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
8/19/24 9:10 p.m.

I have a lot of respect for what he's done, he's a legend.  At the same time he's an artist that I think you either "get" or don't.  I've just never been able to get into it... except for his awesome rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LT5atTWIkIXU9txomaySa8GerYxypEaiFUoaNaVgPpq3EEfhbCBaxCRymZuigW9A