1 2 3
snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/17/12 8:13 a.m.

College was the bridge between being a teenager, and reality. It also gave plenty of keggers, and some awesome car pranks. I had this friend in the dorm next door, and he had just made a pizza out of my spare tire, like in 'The Love Bug. I watched him pull out of his spot in a 1989 ford mustang on steelies. One night, I snuck off to his car, and removed all the wheel weights, as well as loosen the lugs just enough to cause an awful vibration. The next day, he got in his car, and the faster he went, the worse the car shook. Eventually, he started it in the morning, and a wheel fell off, which is when he traded it in for a 2009 Focus. What was the best car prank you have pulled off?

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
5/17/12 8:20 a.m.

When I was an RA in college, I had to discipline a guy who didn't take it very well. On the last day of finals week, he put a ball bearing in every tire valve cap on my car so that by the time I came out to go home my tires were flat. It was really funny. A better story, and one where I was one of the culprits, was in my senior year in high school. A group of us took a VW Bug apart enough to move it into the courtyard of the school, which was only accessible from inside the building. We re-assembled it in the courtyard. You can imagine the reaction the next morning when everyone came in. We got in a little trouble for that one.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/17/12 8:21 a.m.

Jack the drive wheels up and drop the axle to where the wheels look like their on the ground. Suit back and watch for confusion.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/17/12 8:27 a.m.

Connect the horn to the brake switch.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/17/12 8:31 a.m.
turboswede wrote: Connect the horn to the brake switch.

I connected the brake servo to the wipers on my mom's car once.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/17/12 8:35 a.m.

Sometimes we would go a bit too far. One 4th of July my old boss tossed an M80 taped to a brick though the window of a friends van. He started to bitch about the broken window and then the other ones broke too, and the doors and the roof.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
5/17/12 8:38 a.m.

When I was 18, my parents made me take a drivers education course through AAA. It gave them a discount on insurance. This was back in the day when the Plymouth Horizon was a new car. That's what our instructor had. It was kept in the parking lot, which was pretty small since it was in the city of Philadelphia. He parked it with the nose facing the building wall. One night while on break, we picked the back of the car up and rotated it so the nose still faced the building (now on an angle) and the back of the car was inches from the property fence, essentially wedging it in. We wanted to see how good our driving instructor really was at driving...

The b!tch of it was that the Horizon had bumpers that extended pretty far out from the car. When we went to put it down, my left leg was under the bumper. So it dropped down right on top of my knee. It was only 3 days before the senior prom. I went on crutches.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
5/17/12 8:45 a.m.
snap_understeer wrote: Eventually, he started it in the morning, and a wheel fell off, which is when he traded it in for a 2009 Focus.

Oh boy, that's real funny.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/17/12 8:52 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
snap_understeer wrote: Eventually, he started it in the morning, and a wheel fell off, which is when he traded it in for a 2009 Focus.

That's what you get when you make a pizza out of a brand new nitto

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
5/17/12 8:59 a.m.

What does making a pizza out of a spare tire mean?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/17/12 9:01 a.m.
Klayfish wrote: The b!tch of it was that the Horizon had bumpers that extended pretty far out from the car. When we went to put it down, my left leg was under the bumper. So it dropped down right on top of my knee. It was only 3 days before the senior prom. I went on crutches.

Karma is a bitch, eh?

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/17/12 9:12 a.m.

A couple of these would earn a baseball bat to the knee around here. And I mean earn, not just cause.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/17/12 9:15 a.m.
snap_understeer wrote:
stuart in mn wrote:
That's what you get when you make a pizza out of a brand new nitto

Your "prank" is the last thing I would talk about in a half-proud manner like you were. That was vandalism. And could have killed your buddy and someone else on the road. It is something to be ashamed of and repentant for not to brag about on a public forum.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/17/12 9:23 a.m.

A friend arrived with three others when I was living in South Carolina. Beers and bones, good times all around.

I found a dead water moccasin so I coiled him up and propped his little head up in the center, then set him down on two pieces of wax paper under the driver's seat.

Later they drove off, showing off his tire smoking skills. When he stopped at the 4-way 1/2 block away, you've never seen four guys bail out of a car so fast!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/17/12 9:24 a.m.
snap_understeer wrote: College was the bridge between being a teenager, and reality.

The lead weights would have been enough.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
5/17/12 9:25 a.m.

When my roommates stuffed my car full of crumpled newspaper (I'm not kidding, it stank like newsprint for days in there), I had to get revenge. I pulled the tire off of one guys car and left the lug nuts neatly lined up on his computer keyboard. Second, I removed a spark plug and added a couple drops of motor oil to the cylinder, then re-installed the spark plug...it smoked quite a bit, enough that campus security stopped by the make sure the car wasn't on fire. And the third guy, I pulled his fuel pump fuse, so his car just wouldn't start. I watched as he got another person in the lot help him try to jump it...it didn't work

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
5/17/12 9:33 a.m.

We broke into a friends car and put talcum powder down all of the HVAC vents, turned the blower up all the way, and waited for him to come out and start his car...

There was a fine white dust in his car for the next 6 months, no matter how much he ran the blower, vacuumed the vents, etc...

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
5/17/12 9:33 a.m.

I transferred to a new job a little more than a year ago. My shop partner is an ex stock car and road racer (hot pink Mini) that could be my twin brother. He commutes 200 km a day, and the gas costs were killing him. I convinced him to look into a Metro as a commuter. He did, bought one, and it's turned into a very much needed project for a him, as he's a very smart, and energetic guy who's not had a project in a long time. The things he's doing, and the fuel economy he's getting out of this car is nothing short of incredible. Once he really got it working, and was hitting over 60 MPG, I started pouring a little bit of gas in his tank every few days. Not enough to show up on the gauge, but enough to affect his calculations. Since we talk about our projects every day, he was telling me that something was going on, and it didn't quite make sense. I could see he was thinking. Within a week it was making him crazy, and he was convinced one of his neighbours was berkeleying with him. He had a good laugh when I told him it was me.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/17/12 9:39 a.m.

Most of these are funny. But the loosening lug nuts really isn't that could have killed the guy or someone else on the road and being proud about it just makes you an shiny happy person.

A funny one we pulled it (which doesn't last very long) was poke a hole in a condom and duct tape it the muffler of a car and they will drive around for a short time with an inflated condom on their car.

GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
5/17/12 11:04 a.m.

wondering why the OP didn't just cut the guys brake lines... that would of been a hoot.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
5/17/12 11:47 a.m.

As a pizza delivery driver, we constantly sabotaged each others car. I remember being on the receiving end of having hot dog grease applied to my steering wheel. In college, we moved a car into the quad my lifting and rotating it in place in between some shrubs, making it pain to remove. Campus security played along, and when the owner went to drive it out of the quad, they "detained" him for driving across the quad.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/17/12 12:08 p.m.

Car prank: moving your buddy's car to a different spot.

Not a car prank: loosening lug nuts making a wheel fall off under operation.

Car prank: throwing a pair of women's undergarments into a buddy's car.

Not a car prank: loosening lug nuts making a wheel fall off under operation.

See the difference?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Reader
5/17/12 12:12 p.m.

Wasn't there a thread/post about a ladies-underwear-in-friends-car prank that backfired BADLY? Friend's sig-ot found the garment in question before he did, lots of anger directed at the prankster, if I remember correctly.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/17/12 12:16 p.m.

A buddy was getting married in the middle of the winter; we got some crickets and dumped them under the drivers' seat. They were sluggish because it was cold. He and his new bride drove out with all the usual crap on the car, when it got warm enough the crickets came to life, started hopping everywhere and scared the CRAP out of his new bride.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
5/17/12 12:20 p.m.

I was eating at a Taco Bell one evening when there was a very light rain falling. Out the window I saw 2 uniformed Taco Bell employees in the parking lot, papier-macheing somebody's car with about 5 bundles of Taco Bell tray liners. It was probably at least 1/8" thick over the entire car.

I've also seen an automart locking gas cap play a pivotal role in serving some shiny happy person justice.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IxQgNXQtW6jnrYEPuC9uP9NQkKybxrLLqamL43mLTbQn7Ppr0y8nMLtmelfF8tFd