1 ... 3 4 5 6
confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
6/10/09 11:39 p.m.
Salanis wrote: I really dislike convertible versions of badass sports coupes. Especially with 911 Porsches, but I feel the same way about things like M3 'verts. You've got a badass performance vehicle, but you've ruined the chassis stiffness and made it so you won't be able to take it to a track. I also think 911 'verts just look crappy anyway. Oh, and the stupidity is compounded when you put a removable hardtop on your convertible version of a coupe.

I just voted that up. I am 100% in agreement with you.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/10/09 11:49 p.m.

I figured out what a 911 'vert looks like: It's like a woman whose booty is just WAY too big for the rest of her, trying to fit into lycra pants.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/11/09 7:51 a.m.
RossD wrote: What I hate are people using vehicles that were not intended for the particular use.

So autocrossing a non-sports car is right out, eh?

former520
former520 New Reader
6/12/09 5:44 p.m.
Salanis wrote: I really dislike convertible versions of badass sports coupes. Especially with 911 Porsches, but I feel the same way about things like M3 'verts. You've got a badass performance vehicle, but you've ruined the chassis stiffness and made it so you won't be able to take it to a track. I also think 911 'verts just look crappy anyway. Oh, and the stupidity is compounded when you put a removable hardtop on your convertible version of a coupe.

I had a convertible 911 turbo 4 with the top down teach me a lesson on my bike (SV650 with dialed suspension) last weekend on a curvy section on local roadway. They must not be too ruined.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/14/09 6:14 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: BTW, BobOfTheFuture, is there a larger version of your avatar pic? looks cool.

It is a still of an old black and white film of a F1 race at the ring'.

I belive it is in one of the links posted in here-

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/old-f1/10702/page1/

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
6/14/09 6:26 a.m.

New addition after seeing one yesterday: 2010 Camaro. Other than the side profile, this car just looks...dumb. And the interior...ugh.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
6/14/09 8:51 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: New addition after seeing one yesterday: 2010 Camaro. Other than the side profile, this car just looks...dumb.

Agreed. I haven't summoned up enough interest to look at the interior yet.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
6/14/09 10:11 a.m.

Trailer Queens.............
Prius............
Automatic sports cars.....
9 seater mega huge, 43 liter engined SUVs that carry one person to work and home only.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
6/14/09 10:13 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Rat Rods...that brings up a peeve. I despise the recent trend that is black primer and red wheels = rat rod. Uh, no it doesn't. Your 78 Malibu 4 door thus prepared is not a Rat Rod. It's a POS with primer and glossy Krylon wheels. Go home. You're in insult to true rodders everywhere.

You would love/hate my race car...lol ...it is a send up of this exactly

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo New Reader
6/14/09 10:50 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote: Aztek -- I know it's not on the theme of "everybody loves them", but I hate them so much that I had to share. Maybe there's a group of Aztek enthusiasts out there somewhere ...

You inspired me to do a search and there is a forum for everything lol

Aztek fan club!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
6/14/09 10:57 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: 9 seater mega huge, 43 liter engined SUVs that carry one person to work and home only.

best comment in this entire thread.

M030
M030 Reader
6/14/09 12:09 p.m.
ddavidv wrote: New addition after seeing one yesterday: 2010 Camaro. Other than the side profile, this car just looks...dumb. And the interior...ugh.

Say what you want about the new Camaro but I loved mine. Why? Someone offered me $5000 more than what I paid for it just three weeks after I bought it...

Hmmmm, car payment or $5K cash? Since that's 2 and a half Challenge cars, I had to sell! So, I love my 2010 Camaro!

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/14/09 1:26 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: Miatas

Really? why? oh the shame. ......sniff I don't even drive one anymore and I still defend this car any chance I get, the only car I've driven other than my old 94RX7 that can put a smile on your face going to the jiffy 2 blocks away.

sorry if I'm reviving a dead post I found this on some random search I was doing.

Grizz
Grizz
6/14/09 2:23 p.m.
M030 wrote: Hemi Mopars

Heresy. My question is, does that include a 1957 300c?

I dislike any v8 car or truck with flowmasters, they're always obnoxious, and living on the top of a steep hill doesn't help matters any.There isn't anything quite as fun as hearing a half drunk asswipe blasting the throttle at 2 am to get to the top.Of course that also applies to the cars with the pep boys can, that makes a four sound just awesome.

Cheese wedge corvettes.

A truck with a 12 inch lift and 40 inch tall tires that also has 22 inch chrome wheels and a 5 grand paint job.That just confuses me.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/15/09 10:57 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Automatic sports cars.....

Almost 400 hp 5.0, B&M modded AOD automatic trans. Firm shifts done manually or automatically, faster than you can shift a manual trans, and no need to let off the throttle when shifting.

Loved that car.

Built/modded autoboxes behind high powered V8s are a great combo.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
6/15/09 12:21 p.m.

Hahaha youve been posting those photos for 10 yrs Chris.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/15/09 1:38 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: Hahaha youve been posting those photos for 10 yrs Chris.

Hahahah! Well, I don't have any newer ones of that car, considering I sold it just over 10 years ago....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/15/09 4:29 p.m.

I am pretty sure I used to have a matchbox of that car.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
6/15/09 10:11 p.m.

Always did like that V8 RX-7. Is it still around?

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/16/09 8:33 a.m.

Last I heard it was going into a collection in Louisiana (third owner after I sold it), and the owner had added nitrous and a hood scoop that was back in '01 or so.

Wish I could find it now...

awebb
awebb
6/16/09 12:01 p.m.

Most domestic car's built within the last 20 years (baring the SRT-4, fox body Mustang, G8, GTO, C6 + vette, and higher end cars).

I've got a special distain for anything built on the Cavalier platform

Anything with a Wankel (I Love RX-7 bodystyles and suspensions but I don't trust magical spinning triangles)

Most V8 muscle cars (I'm sick of hearing that the 69 Camaro is someone's dream car).

Anything "Rollin on Donk's"

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/16/09 1:28 p.m.
awebb said: Anything "Rollin on Donk's"

Things don't roll on Donks, Donks roll on Dubs.

Dubs are 20" rims. Called this because Lowriders used to ride on 10" wire wheels, and a 20" rim is double in size.

A Donk is a full sized sedan that rides on large rims. They come in two varieties, Boxes, and Bubbles. A box would be an 80's era sedan such as a Caprice, or a Crown Victoria, while a "Bubble" would be a later generation iteration of those cars in which the corners had been smoothed out, early to mid nineties...

And now you know...the rest of the story.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/16/09 1:56 p.m.
awebb wrote: Most V8 muscle cars (I'm sick of hearing that the 69 Camaro is someone's dream car).

Curious as to why. Musclecars come in so many forms...

paul
paul New Reader
6/16/09 7:52 p.m.

Newer accords and civics...

Two people I know own current generation civics, both have syncro problems, and have a ton of rattles and squeeks.

My aunt has a '03 accord that goes through brakes every 19-21k miles, and had it's auto trans replaced (both apparently are very common problems)...

My 1989 accord on the other hand, zero issues.

awebb
awebb New Reader
6/17/09 8:46 a.m.

My bad on the Donk's, really anything that might be associated with the word "Donk" falls under that umbrella of cars I dislike. There's NO point to them...

Muscle cars (some of which I personally like) get a bad rap with me simply becuase they're blatently unoriginal. I live in the south and EVERYONE's favorite car is either the Camaro or the Mustang. Porsche's are the things that are on the front of your house you mount swings on and Ariel is the chick from the disney movie. I personally don't have anything against the Muscle cars themselves but the fact that everyone fawns over them just because, annoys me.

Some friends of mine own a fairly modified Ford Maverick, which I LOVE. It's a muscle car and it's origina/differentl!!!

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NSIsCV7vssD5H1BRQ01WfcimbrJPt1ntkUkGyKDg79Nhed6bAlCPfuVOeBRJKMvJ