1 2 3 4
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/4/09 8:51 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: So, iggy, when you said "i smell a tea bagger" two months ago, what exactly were you implying? Now that this turns out to be just another liberal trying to cause trouble, does that affect your outlook? Or is it like the global warming hoax? You just don't want to look at anything that challenges your tenuous concept of reality? “Scientist” cooking their numbers until they hide the truth, perverting the “peer review” process, etc., just not important if it doesn't fit with those telling you what to think?

It was a joke..

Here's another joke. I'm an awkward nerd who was teased continuously during his school years by others because they were afraid of my intellect. I have an inferiority complex, a gigantic ego and man boobs. But.... Hey we all can't be as cool as you.

edit: "Liberal trying to cause trouble"... Really? If this man killed himself in this manner as the police state, He obviously had problems..

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/4/09 9:02 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: So, iggy, when you said "i smell a tea bagger" two months ago, what exactly were you implying? Now that this turns out to be just another liberal trying to cause trouble, does that affect your outlook? Or is it like the global warming hoax? You just don't want to look at anything that challenges your tenuous concept of reality? “Scientist” cooking their numbers until they hide the truth, perverting the “peer review” process, etc., just not important if it doesn't fit with those telling you what to think?
It was a joke.. Here's another joke. I'm an awkward nerd who was teased continuously during his school years by others because they were afraid of my intellect. I have an inferiority complex, a gigantic ego and man boobs. But.... Hey we all can't be as cool as you.

That confession is totally believable, except for the "It was a joke" part.

But seriously, way too many people were eager to place blame based on their ideological leanings - facts be damned. That's a sad commentary.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/4/09 9:09 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: But seriously, way too many people were eager to place blame based on their ideological leanings - facts be damned. That's a sad commentary.

I honestly believed that the guy had run afoul of some mentally disturbed guy out in the woods. Well.. Now It looks like the mentally disturbed guy was himself.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/4/09 9:40 p.m.

This death was censlus. Google already knows where everyone lives and what they do and how much they earn. All they needed to do was ask it.

Gubby
Gubby New Reader
12/4/09 9:48 p.m.

You know, a census taker tried to test me once....I ate his liver with soma Fava beans and a nice Chianti....Phththpth!

Drewsifer
Drewsifer New Reader
12/4/09 10:00 p.m.

The police report about his death is really weird. Maybe that guy was just full stop crazy. Then again maybe it was set up to look like a suicide that looked like a homicide! The Russians are in on it!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/09 2:52 a.m.
Despite the fact that Mr. Sparkman was found hands, feet and mouth bound with duct tape, rope around his neck and the word "FED" written on his chest, analysis of the evidence determined Mr. Sparkman's death was self-inflicted.

He's like Houdini but backwards

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/09 4:34 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: So you think the census worker has the right to go up to everyone's door and mark it for nefarious purposes? What about the homeowner's rights? What about tresspassing laws? They got politely told to leave at multiple homes in our neighborhood, if they persisted then the police were called and they ran them off. It was well documented in our neighborhood forum. One guy, a vet from WWII, dressed up in his old uniform and met him at the door and scared the worker enough that he didn't even attempt to come up to his door and mark the house.

Uh are you serious? You know they're just getting the coordinates of your house. The address of which they already have. If they were going to use the mind-control satellites on you, they could still get the coordinates from satellite photos.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/09 4:42 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Or is it like the global warming hoax? You just don't want to look at anything that challenges your tenuous concept of reality? “Scientist” cooking their numbers until they hide the truth, perverting the “peer review” process, etc., just not important if it doesn't fit with those telling you what to think?

Oh I see you've seen the leaked "conspiracy" emails...what's the saying, "give me ten words from an honest man and I'll find one to hang him with"? Same situation. And yes I've read the "conspiracy" bits.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/5/09 5:16 a.m.
Drewsifer wrote: The police report about his death is really weird. Maybe that guy was just full stop crazy. Then again maybe it was set up to look like a suicide that looked like a homicide! The Russians are in on it!

Russian cops are the bestest.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtI_2KPAxf0 nsfw or the squeamish

alex
alex Dork
12/5/09 10:55 a.m.
Wally wrote:
Despite the fact that Mr. Sparkman was found hands, feet and mouth bound with duct tape, rope around his neck and the word "FED" written on his chest, analysis of the evidence determined Mr. Sparkman's death was self-inflicted.
He's like Houdini but backwards

He was too far from the river to chain himself up, lock himself in a steamer trunk, then throw himself into the water. This was the next best thing.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Reader
12/5/09 10:15 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
Drewsifer wrote: The police report about his death is really weird. Maybe that guy was just full stop crazy. Then again maybe it was set up to look like a suicide that looked like a homicide! The Russians are in on it!
Russian cops are the bestest.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtI_2KPAxf0 nsfw or the squeamish

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/6/09 12:15 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: I never said I thought the guy was justified in shooting the census worker. Maybe I wasn't clear, I was just repeating what others on the forum had been saying about the census workers. I let them come onto my property. But as to nefarious purposes the conspiracy guys have a point. Once the data is collected there is no control over how it can be used in the future.

...counting how many people are in your household is a threat?!?!

Jesus Christ...

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Reader
12/6/09 10:37 p.m.

You know, there's a reasonable limit to the distrust government, but this seriously just smacks of paranoia and "everything the government does is evil" mentality. Really guys?

tuna55
tuna55 Reader
12/7/09 8:25 a.m.

government is pretty evil from what I've seen lately

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
12/7/09 8:26 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: government is pretty evil from what I've seen lately

The world is at your feet. Find a better place.

Eric

(I know I'll get a good reply that it's your home, yadda, yadda. it's not evil- it's just not your party)

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
12/7/09 8:54 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
The world is at your feet. Find a better place. Eric

There is no government in Somalia. All the booty those pirates grab is completely tax free.

Matt B
Matt B Reader
12/7/09 8:58 a.m.

Especially compared to the previous administration! They were just so honest, with absolutely nothing up their sleeves. Nothing they did benefited their families or industry ties, caused mass deaths, incited war, or anything "nefarious". hehe

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
12/7/09 9:01 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: This death was censlus. Google already knows where everyone lives and what they do and how much they earn. All they needed to do was ask it.

Strange how people don't want the government to know how many people are living in the house or how much they make, yet they will post all kinds of personal information up on Facebook that will allow advertisers to build a fairly accurate profile. Maybe the government just needs to buy the data from Facebook.

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
12/7/09 9:10 a.m.
Snowdoggie wrote: There is no government in Somalia. All the booty those pirates grab is completely tax free.

I don't know about you but here in the states all the booty I get is tax free as well. Though I do have to pay for dinner, gas to pick her up, and the occasional flowers or other sweet things.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
12/7/09 9:43 a.m.
PHeller wrote:
Snowdoggie wrote: There is no government in Somalia. All the booty those pirates grab is completely tax free.
I don't know about you but here in the states all the booty I get is tax free as well. Though I do have to pay for dinner, gas to pick her up, and the occasional flowers or other sweet things.

Don't worry. With the deficit as high as it is, a booty tax is coming.

I can hear Tiger Woods screaming about it already.

tuna55
tuna55 Reader
12/7/09 10:17 a.m.

Nope, you won't get a reply like that Eric, it's still the best (least evil) government in the world. Not by as much as it should be. I'll leave if that ever isn't the case. It will be tough, though, because the constitution outlines what this country should be, and it's darn near perfect. On paper, this is the perfect country.

As far as MattB goes, what makes you think I am a Bush guy, or think that Bush was better, or worse, or anything, for that matter? They are actually nearly identical as far as what they actually do. Both were clearly statists. Clinton was better than both, and that's coming from a guy who pretty much thought he was the worst person ever to exist while he was in office.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic HalfDork
12/7/09 10:40 a.m.

Why does everything remotely to do with the gov't turn into a political debate? No Obama isn't a god but he also isn't the anti-Christ that Fox news makes him out to be. The fact that Fox News is so highly rated is a sad reflection on the U.S. It is nothing more then a right wing mouth piece.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/7/09 11:03 a.m.
Matt B wrote: Especially compared to the previous administration! They were just so honest, with absolutely nothing up their sleeves. Nothing they did benefited their families or industry ties, caused mass deaths, incited war, or anything "nefarious". hehe

Rear-view mirrors are important devices, but it's best to focus on where one is headed, not where one has been.

There are too many parallels between the previous and current administrations to allow history repeating itself - again.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
12/7/09 11:05 a.m.

suicide ruling = lazy cops.

Am I pretty sure theres a whole metric butt-ton of crap uncle sam keeps from me? Yes

Am I going to get my tinfoil hat and buy a cabin in the woods? no

Are there nutjob freaks who think that all gubment workers are homicidal pod people bent on mind control? Absolutley

Did I hope none of them liked cars? For sure

some people need a life

Not all dems want to hug the gay baby whales

Not all repubs want to burn the sappling forests and skin Bambi for profit

The O doesn’t want to put all whites on an island and take all your monies and buy colt 45 40s for the hood

Dubya never shook hands with the devil to make a deal to sell us to china

people need to stop, chill the eff out and go turn a wrench when they feel the need for a beer battered flounder sandwhich

sheeeesh

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MAtsryVtOUOVyU4UTnby07C2nfheK7hYhcEkl1CQ1lwgLSEabERGxAfPrzerp0iw