1 ... 3 4 5
Ian F
Ian F UberDork
5/24/12 10:09 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Ian, are you referring to the proposals for the wheelbase stuff? I am watching it on the 3 forums I have found where that class hangs out. (Figure I will lurk on them until I can actually start looking for a car) The fast track stuff is all proposals that don't seem like they will go through. (at least to my understanding) The stated goal of the class is for 500 and 600 to be merged with the 600's restricted so they are not overdogs. Also remember that they have allowed the 593 2smoke into F500. If that stuff does happen to go through it looks like it would apply to the 500 cars as well. (which would quickly outdate MANY preexisting cars, hence why evidence seems unlikely) I do have to say one thing about the class, they seem to be in the middle of a civil war with a 500 camp and a 600 camp. Some people didnt take kindly at all to the 600 proposal.

Yeah, the bickering between the two camps is amusing to an outsider. And for better or worse, the CRB seems to ignore forum blowhards.

I like F600, but the utter simplicity of the 2stroke/CVT/puck suspension set-up is hard to ignore. Regardless of what I like, I will likely end up in F500 due to a more accessible knowledge base near me. My friend personally runs a pre-built car, but it's been so heavily modified that very little of the original car remains. It's so different that when his brother wanted a new car, he built a new one from scratch using his car as a base plus additional improvements and is currently going through the process to get homoligated as a manufacturer.

I remember reading something about allowing spring/shocks in F600 vs. the pucks in F500, but for the life of me I can't find it now. It will be interesting to see how the dust settles for 2013 rules.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xVKxzhjuzWJKPCgcm28rjO99vC3mCna4tfG2szTyYUxo5T8s65YcFPFvpjr65HkB