1 2 3 4
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
6/22/21 6:19 p.m.

Jeremy Clarkson apologises for huge crowds at his farm shop causing traffic problems and police visit

https://www.aol.co.uk/entertainment/jeremy-clarkson-apologises-huge-crowds-095016059.html

I would really hate to have lived in that area all my life and then have it turned into a circus ,   

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
6/22/21 6:24 p.m.

Honestly from living in a small town all my life, I feel like it'd be a little more like an exciting curio than something just frustrating. Of course, US rural is a completely different animal with it's own absurd distances compared to Britain.

In reply to ShawnG :

Yeah its kinda funny how Kutcher's legacy might be that, and not his acting career at all. Good deal in my view. I think he's already lauded and credited for saving double-digit numbers of kids.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/23/21 3:09 a.m.

Just finished watching all episodes and thought it was excellent, sure hope they come back with season 2!

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/23/21 6:55 a.m.

Tim and I started it last night based on your all's recommendations. We both really liked it, although Tim did fall asleep somewhere during the sheep auction (it was getting late).

I loved Top Gear until I stopped doing so, in part because I started to find Clarkson's... DELIVERY!... really annoying. He still pulls that in this show, but the reward is watching hard work, genuine ignorance, and exhaustion scrub a lot of it off. Besides, as others have said, it's fascinating to learn a very tiny bit about farming. Looks like grocery store margins with stock-market risks. I have a new appreciation for any individual who does it.

Margie

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/26/21 9:21 p.m.

Finished the series last night, my wife and I really enjoyed it. Feels risky to say it, but this might be Clarkson’s best work. And on that bombshell...

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/26/21 9:30 p.m.

Went back and finished the first episode. It gets better. Wife wants to watch more, so lets see how it goes, 

Caleb rules. Once he took over the show, it got much better.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
6/26/21 9:43 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Went back and finished the first episode. It gets better. Wife wants to watch more, so lets see how it goes, 

Caleb rules. Once he took over the show, it got much better.

Kaleb.  Cause British spelling, apparently.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
6/28/21 5:59 a.m.

Got the gf hooked on this now,  binged 5 episodes yesterday

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/28/21 7:58 a.m.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/2/21 3:46 p.m.

I finished watching it today.  

I grew up on farms, until I was 12 and we moved into the city (a town of about 250 people!) 

We had cattle, hogs, chickens, and grew a lot of corn.  I drove tractors as early as I can remember.  I spent time doing work on other farms baling hay, cuttin tobacco, and digging potatoes.  

I really loved the show.  It brought back so many fond memories.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
8/3/21 8:26 a.m.

Clarkson posted a short (30s) video filmed by Kaleb announcing S2. Made my day.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/21 10:42 a.m.

What we get is a small glimpse into Clarkson the person vs. the character we've seen for years. Instead of trash talking electric cars, we see him doing wilding, which is good for the environment. If he was relying on the profits from the farm to live, he'd probably not do that, but he *can* so he did.

There were moments of pure joy in show around the wildlife around the farm, too. 

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
8/3/21 2:22 p.m.

The fact that Charming Charlie nor Kaleb could give a ship about Clarkson being both their employer and the host of the show is great. For all the hell that he gives James May, its nice to see him beat down a bit.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/16/22 8:01 a.m.

Filming should be finishing in July, should be out of edit by end of year for season 2.

At least according to Jeremy on his faceache page.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
6/16/22 9:58 a.m.

STOKED

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/23 9:06 a.m.

Season 2 dropped last night. I'm only two episodes in, but I'm happy. 

It picks up during 2021 harvest season. He's looking into expanding. Some positive changes to the farm have taken place as well.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/11/23 9:21 a.m.

We just finished the last episode of season 2. I'm not sure it manages to capture the same magic as season 1, but still an enjoyable watch and still taught me a lot about farming. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/11/23 1:42 p.m.

Classic Clarkson where he has to pretend that he is an ignorant buffoon.

He has owned and operated the farm for 14 years. The pretense is that the manager that was running the farm up and quit, and Clarkson had to step in as if were Eddie Albert trying to run Green Acres. Matter of fact I suspect that is the show they are emulating. 

If you want to learn anything about farming, wrong show to watch. Farmers have to be smart, work insane hours and shave pennies like no others if they want to prosper. Clarkson's one-season business plans farmed out at retail cost would not work.

That said, it is fun slapstick and the side characters are endearing.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
2/11/23 3:27 p.m.

I thought he was pretty good at showing the staggering levels of government interference. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
2/11/23 3:37 p.m.

Too bad you won't be getting any more Clarkson on Amazon after the things he said about Meghan...  Apparently the topic of who married a British royal is controversial enough that if this board were British talking about it would no doubt be floundering.

That said, racial commentary and boarder line threatening inflammatory language is a bad thing, m'kay. Based on my limited understanding, him going byebye is kinda called for.

(I think he's torched his second career. First being BBC)

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
2/11/23 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Hire Jeremy Clarkson because he's Jeremy Clarkson.

Then act surprised when he behaves like Jeremy Clarkson. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
2/11/23 3:43 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

This is true.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/11/23 5:05 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Get a tiger. Get surprised when the tiger acts like a tiger. #leopardsatemyface

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/11/23 5:09 p.m.

I just watched a documentary about Clarkson career (BBC show, on YouTube is you want to search for it).  His career IS about being controversial and at least somewhat offensive, from the very start!  He first became "known" when he effectively refused to review a Vauxel on Top Gear because he thought it was too ugly.

One of his other highlights was implying lorry drivers commonly and regularly murder hookers.... right after a serial killer in England was caught, who was a lorry driver, who killed hookers.

Watching Clarkson and being shocked when he says something at least mildly offensive is like going to a Don Rickles show and being offended (he is one of the original insult comics).

They do say in the doc, that he seems noticeably more mellow in this show.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
2/12/23 10:27 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

Too bad you won't be getting any more Clarkson on Amazon after the things he said about Meghan...  Apparently the topic of who married a British royal is controversial enough that if this board were British talking about it would no doubt be floundering.

That said, racial commentary and boarder line threatening inflammatory language is a bad thing, m'kay. Based on my limited understanding, him going byebye is kinda called for.

(I think he's torched his second career. First being BBC)

I was a fan of Jeremy Clarkson  right up to his abuse of another man's wife.
     That was so tastelessly  done   And offensive I will never again watch anything of his again.  
     Why Jeremy ?  While  you have a right to your opinion  and you seem to get great mileage out of hating things official's do or require.  Once the attack becomes personal it crosses the line from humor to  poor taste. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wMDhv2d0i0u7zmq5r6uEeJyCCzB5iDFtZ6gSWKb3vdPBZ3GstebaOfdqopwmsURn