DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
12/3/12 1:57 p.m.

The app I've been using (Craigslist Notifications) seems to have become defunct (won't show ad text anymore, just shows the pictures), and I can't find anything that's even close.

I loved that I could delete things from my list and not have to do a new search everytime -- it would just add something new as it popped up on CL.

Anyone have anything that they've found may be an equivalent, or at least comes a little close?

I need constant access to CL!!!!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/3/12 2:18 p.m.

I use Craigspro.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
12/3/12 2:25 p.m.

ya I noticed the same with craigs notifica... sucks :( I just emailed Rafael about this... he's always gotten back to me in the past... so we'll see whats up.

I might try and kill it and re-install it on my spare phone... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mufumbo.craigslist.notification.android if you can't find it in the market

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
12/3/12 2:28 p.m.

I use craigspro too. I think there are a few versions of it, mine is the "Craigslist+" version. Works well enough.

andrave
andrave HalfDork
12/3/12 2:39 p.m.

I also use cpro+, it was free and it works great. they have improved a lot of features. because it will search multiple regions and compile the result, I sometimes use it instead of the actual craigslist site on my desktop.

I used to use the website search tempest, but after craigslist chagned the way their site worked, tempest no longer could compile the results and it was not as valuable a tool.

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
12/3/12 2:47 p.m.

I use Craigslist Mobile for iphone an ipad from Escargot Studios. I can search by distance, and price, and category. Its the most used app I have.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
12/3/12 2:48 p.m.

craigspro here as well. Works pretty well even though I'm a cheap SOB and have the free one.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
12/3/12 2:53 p.m.

For desktop, download Craigslist Helper For Chrome

It is the best. It seems to not be fully supported anymore and finding a link to download can be challanging but once you have it, it works great.
Being Chrome, it might work on Smartphone too if your Smartphone accepts Chrome.

MattGent
MattGent New Reader
12/3/12 2:59 p.m.

CraigslistPro + here now too (may be now called CPro) from escargot.

The $3 or whatever for the pro version paid big dividends when I grabbed a near-pristine 2002 Miata hardtop for $500 using the notification feature.

I also like being able to search or browse multiple local regions at one time.

My most used app, and I never use the web version anymore.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
12/3/12 3:06 p.m.

Just say no guys... just say no.

Knowing you have a problem is the first step to a cure.

andrave
andrave HalfDork
12/3/12 3:09 p.m.
Steelpig wrote: I use Craigslist Mobile for iphone an ipad from Escargot Studios. I can search by distance, and price, and category. Its the most used app I have.

I think thats the same as craigspro/cpro that the rest of us are talking about...

andrave
andrave HalfDork
12/3/12 3:11 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Just say no guys... just say no. Knowing you have a problem is the first step to a cure.

Look, people put things on ebay because they want to sell them for money. People put things on craigslist for the same reason, BUT, people ALSO put things on craigslist because they don't want them anymore. Because putting it on craigslist for free or cheap is easier than getting rid of it themselves. This has changed my life.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
12/3/12 3:22 p.m.

That's the disease talking mister.

When your loved ones gather and talk to you about this... just listen to them. They are doing it because they care for you and want the best for you. Don't push them away because they want to help you.

Think about the children.

Steelpig
Steelpig New Reader
12/3/12 3:28 p.m.

In reply to andrave:

I think you are correct. I use the free app.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
12/3/12 3:51 p.m.
donalson wrote: I might try and kill it and re-install it on my spare phone... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mufumbo.craigslist.notification.android if you can't find it in the market

I tried that, still didn't work.

I gave a cursory try to the free CPro last night, and wasn't super impressed, but I guess it's the best out there now...

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/12 5:43 p.m.
MattGent wrote: CraigslistPro + here now too (may be now called CPro) from escargot. The $3 or whatever for the pro version paid big dividends when I grabbed a near-pristine 2002 Miata hardtop for $500 using the notification feature. I also like being able to search or browse multiple local regions at one time. My most used app, and I never use the web version anymore.

I just bought this app on your recommendation and I like it a lot.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
12/3/12 7:10 p.m.

Click on the peace sign at the bottom of the pictures. That's where it will open the full listing in your browser.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
12/3/12 9:32 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Click on the peace sign at the bottom of the pictures. That's where it will open the full listing in your browser.

yup it's what i'm doing in the mean time... still sucks that it's not working as it should

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ooek1YT284yNwDuwqyM6eRYFv7RvDpcUd4H1Z65VaC98UmvpAnDtldPhvO5x0H4X