1 2
Izzy's Cages
Izzy's Cages New Reader
11/25/10 10:16 p.m.

So far, PP has been pretty good for me. I don't deal with ebay much, but do use PP for my S2000 brackets. Like someone else said, I don't keep a balance in it (they make money on your money) and transfer the money as soon as I get paid.

I did an informal survey on Paypal vs. Google Checkout and Paypal was by far the more popular option... like 9 out of 10 people who responded use PP over Google. Kind of sucks as Google doesn't charge anything to the seller, PP charges somewhere between 3 & 5%

wbjones
wbjones Dork
11/25/10 10:42 p.m.

I have a PP account... can't ever get it to work... my password is never good... get a new one... it won't work... repeat... so whenever I buy something that has to have payment via PP I just use my CC and then turn down the "opportunity" they offer for me to utilize my account....

hope the seller doesn't have the same problems Kendall is having

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
11/26/10 9:03 a.m.

I got this email from them the other day

Paypal said: Dear mike, We recently changed our pricing so that all PayPal customers can receive money from friends and family within the US for free. PayPal merchants receiving money as payment for a purchase, continue to incur fees. We’re not sure if you are aware of this, but we noticed that some of your customers are sending you personal payments for purchases. Unfortunately, this violates our rules, and we need your help correcting this. Please don’t ask or allow your customers to use personal payments to pay for their purchases. If we continue to see such activity after Dec.8, 2010, we may have to disable your ability to receive personal payments, and then you will pay fees for all money received through PayPal. You can find more information about payment types and fees in sections 4.2 and 8 of our User Agreement – just click “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal page. If you have any questions, concerns, or think we may have made a mistake, please contact us at P2P@paypal.com. Thank you for helping us resolve this matter. Sincerely, P2P Risk Team PayPal

I responded that I am not in the U.S, so it does not apply to me.

They didn't agree.

Paypal is handy, but I have some really strong months, and they make A LOT of money off me for doing practically nothing.

As much as I hate them, though it's a necessary evil, if you want to be in business these days. I would love to charge back the fees to the customers, but that's considered a no-no, and now is not a great time for a price increase.

Aside from the hefty fees, and insane currency conversion costs, I have never had a problem with my account.

Big ego
Big ego SuperDork
11/27/10 12:18 p.m.

http://blog.webdistortion.com/2010/07/28/paypal-alternatives-e-commerce/

Use google checkout or another alternative. As a buyer, I'll never use their service again.

Tell paypal to shove it.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
11/27/10 6:17 p.m.

Google checkout has a flaw. It is not a payment gateway like paypal, it is a shopping cart.

jamscal
jamscal Dork
11/27/10 6:27 p.m.

I'm leery of PP, but no problems as of yet. I'm in the middle ground of not doing enough CC sales to warrant my own setup.

Had a hold placed when some guy claimed he didn't receive his merchandise.

I shipped the tracking info where someone (not him apparently) signed for it at the correct address, to paypal, and they released the hold.

(It was a "negative hold" ? because I clear my pp account out early and often.)

Can we give PP a break? They screw over 1% of their customers and your guys blow it up to seem like it's bad for everyone....

I need the flip off emoticon.

-James

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OMhCOZ6RTNV4FMK5oRv3IHRdMP0X7ucjgdMmNhSgiQiE4kt5nEv8Wqgcvkkl1MoW