Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
1/8/14 6:34 a.m.

Starting day 4 of being unable to get out of the house. Very frustrating. The driveway we got cleared yesterday has drifted back closed. Our road leading to the main road still has not been touched. It's about 4-6' deep in drifts all the way down.

The good news is we're finally above zero and on a warming trend.It's currently 8* outside! REally frustrating since I can see the cars moving up and down the state road 1 mile away. Is it bad that I WANT to go to work?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/8/14 7:10 a.m.

Cabin fever. We're actually into the 20's today, up from -12 the other day. I don't have the option of taking a day off work. I'm the guy with 1/2 ton 4x4. Without it, I'd been stuck for a day 1/2.

Hope you can get out soon.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
1/8/14 7:23 a.m.

It's pretty sad when 6 degrees feels so much warmer than 10 below zero.

jesonmartin45
jesonmartin45 None
1/8/14 7:32 a.m.

No, Absolutely not.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
1/8/14 8:04 a.m.

Wait, a Hyundai Elantra can't go through 4-6' snow drifts with ease?!

slefain
slefain UltraDork
1/8/14 8:46 a.m.

Is there at least a Mrs. Bobzilla to keep you amused?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/8/14 9:14 a.m.

I made it three days. They asked me if I wanted to work today and I was like hell yeah. Two days without pay is enough.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
1/8/14 9:38 a.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

That sucks.....I get paid if I can't make it, but they were surprised to see me this morning.

Bob isn't a very good country dweller.....he needs a real tractor or a real truck with a blade.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/8/14 9:41 a.m.

I finally felt well enough to dig out my driveway, car started right up, letting the windows clear as I type this

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
1/8/14 10:35 a.m.

The roads here are sheets of ice, terrible. But getting around hasn't been the issue, batteries being dead on a morning with -13 temps and -40 wind chills has been my issue. Darn Global Warming!

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
1/8/14 10:38 a.m.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
1/9/14 9:03 a.m.

Yay! We got plowed out yesterday. Wife was driving me nuts. Dogs were driving me nuts. I ended up re-reading World War Z. what a great book.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/9/14 6:13 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

time well spent.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
1/10/14 9:02 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Wife was driving me nuts.

Yarr, that be sounding like some fun at least. Arrr...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
1/10/14 9:19 a.m.

Yeah, it was fun the first couple days. Then it got old real fast. I think the extreme cold (hit -21*F on Tuesday morning with 30mph winds)was the worst. Constantly worrying if the electric was going to go off (all electric house) etc. It took 20 minutes to get the 3 dogs out for a minute each to pee. Dressing them up:

Just soooo friggin cold!

whenry
whenry HalfDork
1/10/14 10:39 a.m.

I remember 14" of snow here in East Tenn. No one could get out except Toyota 4x4's. My 3/4ton Burb was totally useless. You think that the people overreact with 1-3 inches; you can only imagine what 14" did to the locals.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/10/14 2:32 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I ended up re-reading World War Z. what a great book.

Second that! Great book. I loved the stories about the feral child and the lone downed pilot.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
1/10/14 2:35 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I ended up re-reading World War Z. what a great book.
Second that! Great book. I loved the stories about the feral child and the lone downed pilot.

I don't know which is my favorite, but the blind old Japanese man was one of them. I really wish the movie that shared the title had actually followed the books setup. Has anyone read his previous book, Zombie Survival Guide?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
1/10/14 4:25 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I think the extreme cold (hit -21*F on Tuesday morning with 30mph winds)was the worst.

Bob Costas . :p

Let me know when it hits -50C (-58F), then bitch. ;)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GuNAv4PxaWsNGG8zjZw2xcT7TfCQ6GOS5N7sL5KZRHLA4l1YzxCipguibm2NIrr4