1 2
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/08 9:17 a.m.

So friday night we get a big windy thunderstorm, blows a bunch of skirting off of Casa KidRock, nothing major but a pain trying to find it. I get it all back together saturday and go to a wedding... an outdoor wedding. Ceremony finished 18 seconds before the rain, dodged a dousing but get home to find the skirting ripped off even more than the first night. Spend a few hours in the mud getting it all together. Sunday morning I get a call that my FIL tried doing a tune up on his Astro van and broke a spark plug off in a cylinder... not the ceramic but the hex. Since I am a genius I go help him out. I grab the ONLY ez out I have left (all broken mysteriously since the last time I used them sober) and it fits but there is no way to get to the 3/8" square drive of the ez out.I put a 3/8" swivel socket onto the "+" end of the ez out, an extension on the swivel a 10mm male hex Allen socket on the extension a 10mm socket on the Allen socket and a ratchet on the 10mm. Off in a twist. Get a call from a buddy, his Tahoe isn't starting. Run across town and get it running well enough to get home, it needed a tune up. Helped him knock it out, then get a call from Bastomatic to try to get the Suby running to get it moved. I figured I would stop at Mickey Ds to feed the boy and get some nuggies for myself. Midway through lunch we notice a 70mph wind blowing throught the driveway and the Tornado siren wailing in the background. We get locked down the Ronalds finest pooper while the brunt hits. Thank god it was just remodeled. We get the all clear just in time to get a call saying that my shed and skirting are sprayed all over the neighbors yard.

How was your weekend?

Jack
Jack SuperDork
6/9/08 9:29 a.m.

It's still freakin' cold here in the PNW, with snow expected in the mountains, but I changed the coil out on my TR8 and it's finally running great on Megasquirt! The old coil was causing the engine to break up around 4,000 RPM.

So no, it was a good weekend. Sorry to hear about yours. My last two weekends were pretty sucky.

Jack

GlennS
GlennS Reader
6/9/08 9:36 a.m.

Sunny and awesome. Spent about 10 hours at an outdoor concert. Headline band was flogging molly. Was fun. Lots of young girls running around in their summers finest. Beach was also nice

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
6/9/08 9:39 a.m.

Sorry. Had a fantastic weekend. It was hot and somewhat humid, but I love that for some reason. Helped dad work on our deck, hung with the girlfriend, and bought a new bicycle.

I hope things look up for you.

But if it helps, I had a really crappy week leading up to it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/08 9:44 a.m.

I just worked. 40 hours in 48. Nothing nearly as excisting as your weekend, just lots of people calling in "sick" to enjoy the first nice weekend of the year and me being enough of a whore to want the OT

Dan G
Dan G New Reader
6/9/08 9:45 a.m.

The pro volleyball tour was in my town this weekend. Bud light and Cuervo girls were very friendly. And its officially bikini season.

Pretty good weekend I guess.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/9/08 9:56 a.m.

Sorry about yours!

Mine was fine though

Worked on the RX-7 on Saturday (rotated the tires, painted the wheels, bled the brakes) and John (ThunderCougarFalconGoat) came down and helped out and changed the oil in his GTO. We went to the drag races Saturday night with some GTO friends and watched them both hit new best times (12.9 for the one, 13.2 for the other). Then we hung out with my girlfriend's family and played Parcheesi (it gets TOUGH with the family! They're ruthless!). Sunday morning was the autocross at PIR with the ORPCA. Managed to stay ahead of John all day (and make fun of him when he spun AFTER the finish line and took out about a dozen cones ) until the last run of the day. His 66.975 beat my 66.981 but you know, he does have 4 times the HP and TQ and 75mm more tire

So yeah, it was good.

skruffy
skruffy Dork
6/9/08 10:10 a.m.

My wife ran her first autocross this weekend. My crappy autozone cheapie brake pads didn't enjoy our 2-driver autox abuse and we needed WAY more pressure in the front tires, but we had a lot of fun. Also, record highs and brutal sun made for a fun day in the parking lot.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/9/08 10:23 a.m.

my companies head quarters was underwater..

Anyone in Southern Indiana? How you doing?

mtn
mtn Dork
6/9/08 10:28 a.m.

Lets see: Graduated high school on Friday. It was way too hot. Got money for graduating (I graduate for me, and its expected, and I get paid??? SWEET!) Caddied. Got money. Missed tornado by about 1.2 miles. Went out to dinner with friends. Pretty good, all things considered

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/08 10:30 a.m.

Congrats MTN!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/9/08 10:34 a.m.

I got the Esprit AC back together. New seal on one hose of the compressor, 3 new Schrader valves, can of R414B (need one more). Did an oil change on the Esprit. Of course, taking the oil filter off takes 10 minutes by itself. But, I recently found that a Toyota 22R filter/Harley Evo filter is the same spec as an Esprit Turbo filter, (HEAR THAT, JM? 910 motors use Toyota Filters), only slightly narrower which makes it easier to get in. I buy those filters from Toyota by the case, so now I only need 3 different filters for all my (running) vehicles, and I could probably get by with 2 (1uzfe filter is same spec but slightly longer). The drain plug gasket looked a little iffy, so off in the Truck to the O. Of course, they didn't have a drain plug gasket for a 1/2" British Standard Pipe Thread. Got an "assortment" and bored one out on the lathe until it fit. With the Esprit back on the ground, awaiting one more can of Hotshot, I finished up the Hot Tub Pump Repair project by re-wrapping my heat tape on the pipes (had a bad experience with frozen pipes one winter), squirting some expanding foam on some bare parts of the tub and screwing the cover back on. Then it was a total change of clothes and thorough tick inspection. Next came sanding the other half of the Locost body everywhere I could reach with a random orbital sander. That was about it for productivity.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
6/9/08 10:59 a.m.

Was hot as Hell but I got a lot done... Wife is 8 months pregnant.... She wanted the window AC's installed ASAP. Cleaned and installed the units. Cleaned the Paint stuff out of the soon to be Nursery, and moved about 1.2 tons of furniture/carpets etc. Got totally rained out of the Carnival we were going to (didn't need the funnel cake anyway). Sunday Mowed the "grass autocross" that I call a yard between showers (a three hour job). Watched some racing on TV and cooked dinner.

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
6/9/08 11:30 a.m.

Girlfriend and I went to Lake Tahoe with a group of friends. Lots of fun. She and I went out and did some outdoor bouldering Saturday and Sunday. Really good time. My hands are torn up from scraping on granite... but it's a good kind of torn up.

p.s. Congrat Mtn!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/08 11:32 a.m.

Friday PM installed riser bars on wife's bike. She's got a child carrier that mounts between the handlebar and the seat, so the kid can see where they're going. Riser bars keep the kid's head from getting smashed forward by mama's rack. Also installed kickstand on 6-year-old's bike, raised the seat, and pushed the bars forward.

Saturday spent all day working on the new-to-me Mirella road bike, got it together in time for a brief pre-dinner ride, then went to the lake with the family for smores by the campfire.

Sunday spent all day working on the Challenge car. Block and heads are painted, all external components are degreased and ready for paint. Came up with some cool (IMO) ideas for making the SBC look less transplanted.

We got some storming, but no damage.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/08 11:42 a.m.

I spent 12 hours in the rally car doing a TSD. Now that is one weird little subset of the motorsport spectrum. I'll bet everyone meets back at the library to play chess afterwards. It was killing me to have to maintain 33 mph on deserted, beautiful, curvy roads. Still, it was a good shakedown for the car and the occupants.

Sunday was spent sleeping in, working on the race car, fixing the swamp coolers and generally just goofing around. Nice and relaxing.

Good work MTN!

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
6/9/08 11:42 a.m.

It's F'n HOT where I live. 90's, hazy, hot, humid. Thank goodness I installed my AC early on in the season.

Friday: I got my new tires and wheels on my car. 16x6.5 ATP 5-spoke rims with 215/45/16 Falken Azenis RT-615 tires. I'll update my Reader's Ride section with a new photo when I can find my camera.

Saturday: Celebrated my mom's birthday. My sisters and I got her a new handbag. She likes it.

Then, I found out from my temp agency that my contract was not picked up by the IT help desk I worked for. So now I don't have a job. I already have a set of strut tower bars on the way to my house that I ordered before I lost my job. Those will be the last parts I buy for the Subaru aside from maintenence/repair, until I get a new job.

Sunday: Started working on my resume and budgeting now that I have no income. Not how I envisioned this weekend would go. At least I got to watch the Celtics win (go Celtics!).

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/9/08 12:39 p.m.

Hope the job thing works out for you ArtOfRuin. IT can suck bigtime with all the outsourceing, but be happy in the knowledge that outsourcing always causes tremendous pain for the people in the company that brought it in.

I forgot: While taking the Truck down the the O to get the Esprit oil drain plug gasket, the AC wasn't working, so I picked up a R134a UV dye kit with a rubber seal rejuvinator/stop leak and worked on the Truck's AC after the Esprit was done. Busy.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/9/08 12:57 p.m.

I was scaerd half to death when giving a driving lesson to my future sis-in-law

minimac
minimac Dork
6/9/08 1:01 p.m.

Friday had minor surgery. Saturday had major pain. Sunday spent on Ebay to make sure the Dr. wasn't moonlighting by selling any spare body parts he might have harvested from me.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
6/9/08 1:47 p.m.

Naw, they don't sell them on eBay. The fees are too high.

Follow your post-op instructions exactly. If they said no heavy lifting, they mean no heavy lifting, usually nothing over a gallon of milk. Period. Hope you get to feelin' better.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
6/9/08 2:31 p.m.

It is still abnormally cold here, it's been about a week of crummy weather. Must be global warming's fault.

Bryce

minimac
minimac Dork
6/9/08 4:07 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Follow your post-op instructions exactly. If they said no heavy lifting, they mean no heavy lifting, usually nothing over a gallon of milk. Period. Hope you get to feelin' better.

No offense Doc...my smiley didn't work. Following directions to the "T" and feeling as well as can be expected. Mrs Mini is waiting on me as though I was completely incapacitated and I AM enjoying that, though!(good thing she doesn't read this board!)

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
6/9/08 4:22 p.m.

I spent Saturday from noon until 5 getting a Miata tub into the back of a C1500 pickup. Using a jack, 4 jack stands, 2 blankets and 4 strong arms. Yes, 5 hours. It was entirely too hot to be doing anything like that, and would have been much easier with 2 more people. I then rode the bike behind the truck to it's destination, helped off load it, and rode home. I was up from 8am until 3am. Then, for some mysterious reason, I woke up at 7am on Sunday...

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
6/9/08 4:50 p.m.

It was hotter than blazes and humid, so I went to the track. Had a good time, and nothing (on my car, at least) got bent or broken. My tires are probably about done, though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ftalZXutAiK7XzKH6KaoS5uFNcHZjZksAU2eS4aUIINDKjxn8pJY6gLP1VjpQ7Ew