1 2 3
Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/21 1:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Steve_Jones :

You are right. We are responsible for choices we make. It's the perception of berk em, they deserved it vibe you're sending out that's off putting. 

The lack of empathy is stark and quite terrible.  I despise Steve_Jones and that's not something I say lightly.

I really hope he realizes that the way he writes comes across negatively and perhaps he could work on improving that.  Otherwise I feel like he's just a troll who's flying under the radar.

Written words are really difficult to use to express your tone and feelings on a subject, not impossible, just difficult.

I try to see things from different view points, but sometimes it's hard to see things any other way.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/13/21 5:41 a.m.
Appleseed said:

You are right. We are responsible for choices we make. It's the perception of berk em, they deserved it vibe you're sending out that's off putting. 

I never said he deserved it, I said a 50 year old drug addict overdosing is not tragic. There's a difference. 50 year old gets killed in a car wreck, or dies from a disease, that's "gone too soon" and "too young"

50 year old lifelong addict with more resources than 99% of everyone else, it's a shame, and loss of talent, but not the same as above. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/13/21 5:56 a.m.

I think this is a good time for a mod to drop by and remind everyone that if you don't have something nice to say, about DMX or other members, please click the back button and back out of the thread. 

There is value in remembering a life, this is none in attacking other GRM members. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/13/21 7:36 a.m.

I'd like to think Teddy Roosevelt and DMX are swapping Rough Riders/Ryders stories right now. 

The guy's music made people's days better, even if it was only for a few minutes at a time. That's not a bad legacy.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Dork
4/13/21 7:59 a.m.

One of the things that makes this mortal coil infinitely more enjoyable is the art we consume.  Many of us have countless memories attached to songs we heard in our youth - I've always been a heavy metal kinda guy but even I have memories attached to DMX's music, making "X gon give it to ya" jokes with my then best friend back nearly 20 years ago.  When someone that makes music that millions of people have enjoyed, their passing is always a tragedy.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/21 8:51 a.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:

The lack of empathy is stark and quite terrible.  I despise Steve_Jones and that's not something I say lightly.

I really hope he realizes that the way he writes comes across negatively and perhaps he could work on improving that.  Otherwise I feel like he's just a troll who's flying under the radar.

Written words are really difficult to use to express your tone and feelings on a subject, not impossible, just difficult.

I try to see things from different view points, but sometimes it's hard to see things any other way.

About Slippery's — Slippery's Bar & Grill

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/13/21 9:12 a.m.

I'm more and more surprised that I have no idea at all who this guy is, or was.  The guys in the shop know of him.  I think I have a rough idea of popular culture, but apparently 60 year old me is geting more and more out of touch.

And thats ok.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/13/21 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

He hasn't really been relevant to anything outside of some reality show since 2004 or so. Easy to forget or overlook when people fall out of coverage for that long. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/13/21 9:52 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I think this is a good time for a mod to drop by and remind everyone that if you don't have something nice to say, about DMX or other members, please click the back button and back out of the thread. 

There is value in remembering a life, this is none in attacking other GRM members. 

I will second that. At the end of the day, we're talking about someone's child. 

Thank you, everyone, for making this a welcoming community. We can disagree, but we remain respectful and civil. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/13/21 10:01 a.m.

...and I thought this was another thread about those bicycles that kids ride on a dirt track. 

It sucks getting old. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
4/13/21 10:02 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm more and more surprised that I have no idea at all who this guy is, or was.  The guys in the shop know of him.  I think I have a rough idea of popular culture, but apparently 60 year old me is geting more and more out of touch.

And thats ok.

Phew!  I'm glad I'm not the only one that's never heard of this guy. 

Regardless, no matter how we may feel about a man's personal leanings or contributions, we should not speak ill of him on the occasion of his passing.

I do not know Steve_Jones, but I do feel that he received worse than he gave.  Those who rail on about being nice to other members should heed their own advice.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/13/21 3:47 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I will second that. At the end of the day, we're talking about someone's child. 

Thank you, everyone, for making this a welcoming community. We can disagree, but we remain respectful and civil. 

It bums me out that no one else up voted this comment. 

I know I can be surly and I'm sure there are plenty of regulars here that don't care for me, but damn, what's up with captain troll? I don't get it. But I'm also not going to waste anymore time thinking about it. 

RIP DMX he made a lot music I enjoyed in my younger years..........along with Metallica, Cannibal Corpse, and plenty of other artists. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/13/21 4:25 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

That explains it.  I make a very serious point of avoiding reality TV, because I much prefer watching something realistic.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/13/21 6:43 p.m.
z31maniac said:

I know I can be surly and I'm sure there are plenty of regulars here that don't care for me, but damn, what's up with captain troll? I don't get it. But I'm also not going to waste anymore time thinking about it. 

I'm a troll because I have a different opinion on drug addicts and personal responsibility?  Please point out where I said anything even close to "he deserves it"

Plenty of people here like to jump to conclusions based only on who writes the posts.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/21 6:53 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
z31maniac said:

I'm a troll because I have a different opinion on drug addicts and personal responsibility?  Please point out where I said anything even close to "he deserves it"

Plenty of people here like to jump to conclusions based only on who writes the posts.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/13/21 7:23 p.m.

The irony is this thread now reminds me of the first verse of DMX's "What's my name" 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/14/21 2:19 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:
z31maniac said:

Please point out where I said that? It will be difficult because I didn't say that.

Everyone gets your point about personal responsibility, you're just being a jerk about it.

We try to not be like that on this forum. 

I was calling you a troll, because you tend to be a jerk in nearly everything you respond to. A holier than thou attitude is constant with you.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/14/21 8:31 p.m.

Seeing as this has 8 upvotes in the meme thread, I gotta assume I'm not the only shiny happy person here huh? 

How many of you people giving me E36 M3 in this thread laughed at it?

berkeleying hypocrites  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/21 8:50 p.m.

Why can't you let the man rest in peace?  Why is this all about you?  A family lost their son, husband, father.  Come on man.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/14/21 9:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I agree with this statement.

Jesus Christ........

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/14/21 9:06 p.m.
Stampie said:

Why can't you let the man rest in peace?  Why is this all about you?  A family lost their son, husband, father.  Come on man.

I'm not the one posting it in the meme thread, and upvoting it. Call those guys out. Come on man.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/14/21 9:23 p.m.

I understand the point you're trying to make. I do. But you've heard about "a time and a place". When someone dies we have these little memorial threads, like this one here. Its were we go to pay our respects, so to speak. So this isn't the place for the dark humor, or telling everyone your feelings about drug use and personal responsibility. 

When everyone tells you the same thing, it's a good time to take a step back for self reflection, not double down on your argument.

In other words, know when to stop talking.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/14/21 9:34 p.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

I didn't post the dark humor. Wasn't me. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/14/21 10:02 p.m.

The dark humor meme was posted by someone else...in the meme thread. 

It's like posting that you never liked children in a thread about someone who lost a son, versus a dark humor post in a thread that has had numerous pictures of dark humor.

Can you see the difference?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/14/21 11:55 p.m.

The victim complex here is breathtaking. Steve, you said something E36 M3ty and got called out. Take the L and move on. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kbGlT1qqN9Oq1LHE5WyI5yB6OfoF66nmC6QtzjDkOtZJ5NlvuCje30XBFBjqrHNw