1 2
e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
10/11/13 2:14 p.m.

Ridiculously obvious advertising tie-ins drive me nuts.

Like GM in Transformers, or Chrysler in the latter seasons of Breaking Bad.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
10/11/13 2:16 p.m.

Or how Superman uses Gillette razors.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
10/11/13 2:24 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: We've got clients setting sales records up here. It's not a lack of advertising, it's likely that dealership not doing a good job online.

LOL. That's a riot. People buying a new car online! Good one!

Wait, you're serious???

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
10/11/13 2:25 p.m.

I'd love to hear Ron's take on the meaning of the word Durango.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
10/11/13 4:06 p.m.
Josh wrote: They got me to pay attention to a Dodge Durango ad. And I'm not even mad. If that isn't a home run I don't know what is. BTW, that Chevy commercial about the sensitive farmer driving his truck through the mud to find his stupid baby cow or whatever made me barf all over my shoes. And who doesn't want to put their foot on Denis Leary's throat when he starts his whiny blathering about payload ratings or some nonsense? You win this one running away, Dodge.

that "stupid baby cow" represents a sizable investment of time and money by that farmer- all of which is lost if that "stupid baby cow" dies... i know every time a calf dies around here, that's about an $800 loss when the rest of them get shipped off to be made into delicious steaks and hamburgers...

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
10/11/13 4:08 p.m.
e_pie wrote: Ridiculously obvious advertising tie-ins drive me nuts. Like GM in Transformers, or Chrysler in the latter seasons of Breaking Bad.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/11/13 4:13 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote:
DaveEstey wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: We've got clients setting sales records up here. It's not a lack of advertising, it's likely that dealership not doing a good job online.
LOL. That's a riot. People buying a new car online! Good one! Wait, you're serious???

Yes. My friend bought his STi through the online sales person attached to his local dealership. He merely told him what he wanted and the salesperson told him how much it would cost. My friend compared it to other online sellers and came back with price. The salesman accepted and when the car arrived, my friend showed up and signed the paperwork and drove home.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
10/11/13 4:32 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
e_pie wrote: Ridiculously obvious advertising tie-ins drive me nuts. Like GM in Transformers, or Chrysler in the latter seasons of Breaking Bad.

"Do we have enough to finish the turkey yet?"

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/11/13 5:05 p.m.

I saw the durango commercial last night. both the wife and I had a LOL. Is there more than 1?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/11/13 5:19 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
Josh wrote: They got me to pay attention to a Dodge Durango ad. And I'm not even mad. If that isn't a home run I don't know what is. BTW, that Chevy commercial about the sensitive farmer driving his truck through the mud to find his stupid baby cow or whatever made me barf all over my shoes. And who doesn't want to put their foot on Denis Leary's throat when he starts his whiny blathering about payload ratings or some nonsense? You win this one running away, Dodge.
that "stupid baby cow" represents a sizable investment of time and money by that farmer- all of which is lost if that "stupid baby cow" dies... i know every time a calf dies around here, that's about an $800 loss when the rest of them get shipped off to be made into delicious steaks and hamburgers...

No, no, no, he's saving it because he LOVES it! Don't you see him hugging it?

I will say this: That ad works on my wife.

Josh
Josh SuperDork
10/11/13 8:08 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
novaderrik wrote: that "stupid baby cow" represents a sizable investment of time and money by that farmer- all of which is lost if that "stupid baby cow" dies... i know every time a calf dies around here, that's about an $800 loss when the rest of them get shipped off to be made into delicious steaks and hamburgers...
No, no, no, he's saving it because he LOVES it! Don't you see him hugging it? I will say this: That ad works on my wife.

EXACTLY. This guy isn't just mad that $800 ran away, we know this because it's raining and there's sad country music and DAMMIT this farmer's gonna do WHATEVER IT TAKES to save the poor baby cow that HE LOVES SO MUCH and is probably also going to murder for cash in a few years.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
10/11/13 8:20 p.m.

Well MY Durango smells of rich mahogany and has storage for all of my 24pack of Miller highlife.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/11/13 8:44 p.m.
failboat wrote: I saw the durango commercial last night. both the wife and I had a LOL. Is there more than 1?

Yea. Quite a few, and I think they haven't released some. Funny for sure, but a waste of money...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/11/13 10:32 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
failboat wrote: I saw the durango commercial last night. both the wife and I had a LOL. Is there more than 1?
Yea. Quite a few, and I think they haven't released some. Funny for sure, but a waste of money...

I already said it, they filmed 70 of them. How many they will show, who knows, but I'm enjoying them.

e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
10/15/13 11:58 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:

lol perfect.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/13 5:51 p.m.

It was a deal between the production company and Dodge to trade promotion for promotion. I don't think Dodge even paid him.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
10/15/13 7:12 p.m.
e_pie wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
lol perfect.

http://youtu.be/J4Cs2AydusM?t=19s

i sense a theme with Mike Meyers..

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
10/15/13 8:20 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
10/15/13 8:21 p.m.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/16/13 1:05 a.m.

not near as bad as Kia (or is it Hyundai?) on the walking dead...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9eXtfduzlltWnV8sW6pLwo3rq76RKeBbad3HcwpJAXl1tK4NeN8yH0wCeCP4kL2o