1 2
Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
3/15/11 8:51 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHVg3YX5tQo&feature=player_embedded

8 minutes of awesome Euro hill climbs. A lot of really cool cars, no music, just motor. Plus the occasional wreck.

killerkane
killerkane Reader
3/15/11 9:12 p.m.

Nice, some really weird cars on there too.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/15/11 9:36 p.m.

I love those vids, my favorites is full of them

That's how you do it!

EricM
EricM Dork
3/15/11 10:01 p.m.

1:38 american iron.

EricM
EricM Dork
3/15/11 10:03 p.m.

2:43 nissan gtr into the trees

EricM
EricM Dork
3/15/11 10:06 p.m.

5:25 corvette, are you sure this is europe?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
3/15/11 10:39 p.m.
killerkane wrote: Nice, some really weird cars on there too.

Odd, I saw nary a one.

It was euro hillclimb so you saw a lot of cars you wouldn't normally see in the US.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/15/11 10:55 p.m.

I really wish we had that in SoFla. Sadly, no hills.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
3/15/11 11:23 p.m.

It's those curves that get them every time. Tricky.

GlennS
GlennS Dork
3/16/11 2:03 a.m.

lots of crashes for one race

NickF40
3/16/11 2:13 a.m.

How come europeans always have more fun with cars? and the rare sports cars and racers and muscle cars that we worship and sit in our garages just to be stared at, THEY at least run em

Then again, we DO have LeMons, ChumpCar and GRM Challenge etc.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
3/16/11 7:35 a.m.

Come to a hillclimb in the North East. We're not shy about trees.

And our GTR's stay out of the woods...

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
3/16/11 8:15 a.m.
NickF40 wrote: How come europeans always have more fun with cars? and the rare sports cars and racers and muscle cars that we worship and sit in our garages just to be stared at, THEY at least run em Then again, we DO have LeMons, ChumpCar and GRM Challenge etc.

Nick, you're in the middle of northeast hillclimb heaven: http://www.pahillclimb.org/

Places close-by that you must visit: http://www.pahillclimb.org/Courses.htm

Get off the couch and get out there!

HunterJP
HunterJP GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/16/11 8:36 a.m.

I went from being sad, to upset with all the E30 M3 drivers wrecking their cars. The Alfa.... just made me sad.

Entropyman
Entropyman GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/16/11 9:31 a.m.
cwh wrote: I really wish we had that in SoFla. Sadly, no hills.

Check out the Bay Bottom Crawl down in the Keys. http://www.bluemaxxracing.com/bay_bottom_crawl.htm

NickF40
3/16/11 11:57 a.m.

haha I knowI go to most of them, I went to the Hershey Hillclimb for years before they stopped it, we have nice ones here! I kind of meant though on this scale of hill and cars

Dave- lol

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/17/11 7:48 a.m.

I bet the GRM LeGrand would make a wicked hillclimber, if there were any hills worthy of competing on in Florida

perhaps a GRM roadtrip up to Pennsylvania or some other state up this way for some hillclimb action to go with the usual cone-dodging?

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
3/17/11 1:02 p.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: perhaps a GRM roadtrip up to Pennsylvania or some other state up this way for some hillclimb action to go with the usual cone-dodging?

Some years ago a guy posted a neat C-Prepared Mustang build thread and I commented about it seems it was only a front roll-hoop away from being a hill car. He said that while in theory, that was true, in reality the chassis set-up for a competitive auto-x car would be a bit too low and stiff to run on hills. Especially some of the occasionally rough hills we have in PA.

That said, I understand a lot of A-Mod cars are also built with HC in mind, so on a lighter and more adjustable B-Mod car it may be possible to adjust it for HC vs. auto-x.

Of course, when I had a similar conversion with an F-Mod owner, he just said: "Notice that most hill climb courses have cables for guard rails? Notice how high they are? Notice where my head is in the car?" He has a point... Although chances are it wouldn't stop me (being an ex-DH racer).

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/17/11 1:40 p.m.

I have to say, I'm super-jealous of the British hillclimb scene. Call me a pansy, but I just find the rolling grassy hills a bunch less scary than the Pacific Northwest's sheer-wall-on-my-left/sheer-drop-to-my-right topography.

Plus competition in numbers for the tinkerers' classes. I'd love to build a modified car, but I don't think I'd have anybody to race with around here. (Convenient excuse for avoiding an insanely over my head build, for now)

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
3/17/11 2:27 p.m.

I know what you mean. You definitely don't want to get a case of 'target fixation' at speed on a PHA course. Especially since there are so many targets to fixate on.

killerkane
killerkane Reader
3/17/11 3:32 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
Slyp_Dawg wrote: perhaps a GRM roadtrip up to Pennsylvania or some other state up this way for some hillclimb action to go with the usual cone-dodging?
Although chances are it wouldn't stop me (being an ex-DH racer).

As in Downhill Mountain Biking?

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
3/17/11 4:33 p.m.

Great vid.

Actually, the lack of some terrible, terrible trance/dubstep/eurotrash club music made it an EXCELLENT video!

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
3/17/11 5:32 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-BzRC-1GZs&feature=related

Another splendid 8 minutes of hillclimb awesome. No carnage and cars that will make a GRM'r seek some immediate privacy. And there is ample proof that fwd is fast and lets one drive "flat out".

mike
mike Reader
3/17/11 9:48 p.m.

Poor Alfa at 2:58!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/17/11 10:47 p.m.
EricM wrote: 5:25 corvette, are you sure this is europe?

Definitely Europe, with that sort of street furniture.

American Iron isn't that unusual in Switzerland, at least the 70s/80s variety. They bought a lot of that back then.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lpqfZCrdbQlRxsuxGEyodbopTvveD2K9hh1I71X8TKmtae9dvrzU4SffOutIPVry