1 ... 4 5 6 7
rmarkc
rmarkc New Reader
7/2/09 6:48 p.m.

To me, root beer is like pizza. Even when its bad its still pretty good.

The only bad root beer is flat root beer.

But I'm the only person who has admitted to liking black licorice, so what do I know?

Luke
Luke Dork
7/2/09 7:24 p.m.

You're not alone on the licorice front. I even don't mind (some) Dutch licorice.

ditchdigger wrote: these are gold! http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php

Hilarious!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
7/2/09 8:50 p.m.

I suspect he's from France.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
7/2/09 9:50 p.m.

Ketchup, hot dogs, onions, and any bird (except fried chicken).

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
7/2/09 11:50 p.m.

damn ratghia an American who doesn't like hotdogs, ketchup or onions.....where did they find you, under a Karman Ghia in a barn?

92dxman
92dxman Reader
7/3/09 10:40 a.m.

I was in line at Giant today picking up some cat litter and three people in front of me had at least something in their bunch with mayo involved. It made me think of this thread and how much I hate mayo!

I hate water chestnuts with a passion.. Please find something else to put in Chinese food to replace this bad crunch tasting, flavorless mongrel!

I think number one on my list is peanut chews. That was the one thing I hated getting for Halloween as a kid. I'd rather get a freakin pencil or a toothbrush then eat those..

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/3/09 10:53 a.m.

That reminds me - ketchup. Hate the stuff.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
7/3/09 10:55 a.m.

I will only eat ketchup on a burger, other than that it's dead to me.

rmarkc
rmarkc New Reader
7/3/09 5:53 p.m.

Silly question but what would you use ketchup on other than a burger or fries?
It does make a good addition to a quick Luck's pintos + hamburger + taco seasoning mixup for chili beans. A jar of salsa and / or some tomato sauce is better but ketchup works if thats all you have...add some of those evil onions to make it even better.

Those Halloween, orange and black peanut chews are nasty but Bit-o-Honey and Mary Janes are good.

Josh
Josh HalfDork
7/3/09 8:33 p.m.

Ketchup+sriracha = best scrambled eggs and homefries ever.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/3/09 9:02 p.m.
Josh wrote: Ketchup+sriracha = best scrambled eggs and homefries ever.

Don't know what sriracha is, but my older brother used to mix fried eggs over easy, grits, crumbled bacon and ketchup together as breakfast. He'd swirl it all around till it was a sorta orangey color with small brown chunks scattered through it, then start shoveling it in. I had to turn away, it was AWFUL lookin'.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/3/09 9:13 p.m.

One of our team mates at Lemons last year put ketchup on spaghetti. I thought everyone at the table was going to hurl. He was ...

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/3/09 9:25 p.m.

... Romanian. Hey, he didn't know any better. I wonder if he got lucky (or it could have been unlucky) with the waitress?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/3/09 9:28 p.m.

uhmmmm...that would be unlucky I do believe.

rmarkc
rmarkc New Reader
7/3/09 9:57 p.m.

I remember a scene in "My Blue Heaven" where one of the wise guys in witness protection complained about getting spaghetti marinara that tasted like spaghetti with ketchup.

I'm sure anyone who have had proper spaghetti marinara have run into that too.

Another improper use of ketchup I've seen is a former coworker who used it on corndogs. In my book, that is as bad as fries with mayo.

driver109x
driver109x Reader
7/3/09 11:24 p.m.

Fruitcake.

I used to hate asparagus but now I love it... either steamed with butter or in omelette with cheese. the only downside is that your piss smells like it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/5/09 3:40 p.m.

tiramisu

okra

everything else is A-OK with me!

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
7/5/09 5:51 p.m.
rmarkc wrote: Silly question but what would you use ketchup on other than a burger or fries?

Try ketchup on grilled hotdogs, with jalapeno slices applied judisciously across the top.

You'll have your answer!

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter HalfDork
7/5/09 6:05 p.m.

Ugh, jalepeno.

Pretty much any other chile is a-ok with me, but Jalepenos taste like battery acid.

It's not the heat, either - I love me some habeneros (well, the sissy ones we get in the states).

rmarkc
rmarkc New Reader
7/5/09 7:12 p.m.

Hotdogs and ketchup don't work well together for me. Chili, coleslaw, mustard and onions are the appropriate hot dog condiments.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
7/5/09 7:21 p.m.

"I love me some habeneros (well, the sissy ones we get in the states)"

I have Mauritian friends in Oz who grow these tiny little chillis, they called them firecrackers, they were both red and green and about 1/2 inch long, it is the only food that i could not eat all of one, they were so damned hot they hurt.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/5/09 8:43 p.m.

mmmm.... jalapenos.... mmmm hanbaneros.... mmmmm.

It's my fate to be surrounded by hot food sissies.

A high school bud owned a wing place in Columbia SC, I used to frequent the place because that was the only way I could get a true hot wing/cold beer fix. No one else has ever matched up, they are all sissies. It was Rupert's Wing Inn, for anybody from Columbia.

Rupert walked through one night carrying what looked like a dried azalea bush and I asked him 'whatcha got there?' He popped off a tiny pepper that looked like a 1/4" long strawberry and said 'here try this'. Holy cow, that sucker was HOT. It's the only pepper that has ever taken my breath away. I literally could not talk.

He just smiled.

cwh
cwh Dork
7/5/09 9:02 p.m.

" I have Mauritian friends in Oz who grow these tiny little chillis, they called them firecrackers, they were both red and green and about 1/2 inch long, it is the only food that i could not eat all of one, they were so damned hot they hurt."

I tangled with ONE of those little bastards at a Thai restaurant a few years ago. I like hot, so I just picked it out and ate it. Very large mistake. I could not taste anything for several days, and completely wasted a fine meal. That mistake has not been repeated. And we have some very good (HOT) habaneros around here.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
7/5/09 10:47 p.m.

Some of my favorite hot sauces come with names like Brain Damage and Temporary Insanity, Striplings in Cordele does a pretty good one, too.

Not for women and children.

Duke
Duke Dork
7/6/09 8:39 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: Try ketchup on grilled hotdogs

[Harry Callahan] Nobody - and I mean nobody - puts ketchup on a hot dog. [/Harry Callahan]

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gVxZ7y5a78TDL1YYjlRCdZYTkpcW21kTakwPPH0CcNzZKzr3BIdrq0gLk6xFmExN