1 2 3
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
6/2/12 1:01 p.m.

We were talking at breakfast about "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court"-I haven't read that since I was a kid, but have good memories . Thats old enough it should be free on an E-reader.

And I like to read Huck Finn every few years.

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
6/2/12 9:46 p.m.

If you like Lucifer's Hammer you might want to try Footfall.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
6/3/12 6:00 a.m.
stan wrote: If you like Lucifer's Hammer, try any other books by Niven and Pournelle. I went throught a lot of them and books like The Mote in God's Eye and other books by Niven. Let us know what you think and if you find any thing else good tell us. I'm always on the look for something new and good. Lately I've been on a dry spell... Hopefully these will help you pass the time a bit... Stan

I like just about everything Larry Niven wrote but the "Mote in God's eye" series just irritated the piss out of me. The aliens were completely hokey & unbelievable and all the women in the story seemed to have no purpose other than to Find Husbands and Get Married. Terrible books.

On the good side...

I'm into cyberpunk and futurism at the moment. I second the reccomendation of Charles Stross, esp Accellerando (which is free on his website) and Saturn's Children. His stuff gets pretty trippy sometimes & is usually improved with a second read.

I'm rereading the original Neuromancer at the moment. Okay, it's not a great book literary-wise, but it's really interesting to see how he originated so many now-popular ideas. Flawed but brilliant.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
6/3/12 7:17 a.m.

If you like US History, read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. AMAZING book!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tD0sTWXk6jF0mSKpzqBGXcRd5Eji41W2A8iVuBx8H8R642tl5M8lm8LzmJ0vuC91