1 2 3
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/17/12 10:17 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: You may notice (aside from the obvious drop and huge rims) that what makes the "good" looking Aztec such is the radiused wheel arches. The square openings on the stock vehicle are downright awkward.

yea.. GM got into that Square wheel well thing there. The Aztek started it. and I think the Avalanche ended it. Seemed to take care of the black/gray plastic cladding too

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
2/17/12 10:55 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: yea.. GM got into that Square wheel well thing there. The Aztek started it. and I think the Avalanche ended it.

Oh no they are still pushing that ugly on us

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/12 12:13 a.m.

A good looking Aztec...

Any of them spelled with a "K" on the end... yuk.

Those photos of the modified grey one are pretty good, but that's like spending five hours putting makeup on Dion Warwick. If it takes that long to make it look good, its not worth messing with its tailpipe.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
2/18/12 1:10 a.m.

All you Aztek lovers are dead to me.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/12 6:50 a.m.
ditchdigger wrote:
mad_machine wrote: yea.. GM got into that Square wheel well thing there. The Aztek started it. and I think the Avalanche ended it.
Oh no they are still pushing that ugly on us

Fixed that for you.. and yes.. it is ugly with a capital UG... at least no gray cladding?

darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
2/18/12 6:51 p.m.
curtis73 wrote: Those photos of the modified grey one are pretty good, but that's like spending five hours putting makeup on Dion Warwick. If it takes that long to make it look good, its not worth messing with its tailpipe.

If any Aztek had the motorvehicle equivalent of Dionne Warwick's songstress skills and talent, I'd give it a pass.

natsuto
natsuto New Reader
2/19/12 8:49 p.m.

I do not think this is a great car any stretch, may not be even good. But it is only the victims of a media joke. Once a few spy watches "experts" call it ugly, it just spread like wildfire.

corytate
corytate HalfDork
2/19/12 8:55 p.m.
natsuto wrote: I do not think this is a great car any stretch, may not be even good. But it is only the victims of a media joke. Once a few spy watches "experts" call it ugly, it just spread like wildfire.

i never saw any reviews calling it ugly or anything of the sort, I saw one one day and thought "damn that has got to be the ugliest thing ever made in america."

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
2/19/12 10:59 p.m.

I used to have a book about the development of the Fiero.

It stated that there was a switch at every worker station that would stop the line if the worker felt that anything was not up to proper standards.

I can't believe that no-one who worked on the Aztek line didn't push the button and say "damn, we're building one ugly car".

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
11/7/13 10:10 a.m.
ditchdigger wrote:
Oh no they are still pushing thagt ugly on us

As someone who puts 35" mud terrains on trucks all the time, I can assure you GM still has square fenders. They are not only ugly but they also suck when putting mud terrians on.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/7/13 10:15 a.m.
natsuto wrote: I do not think this is a great car any stretch, may not be even good. But it is only the victims of a media joke. Once a few spy watches "experts" call it ugly, it just spread like wildfire.

The Canoes are Strong With This One.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1VfcfUAXyZRsTcJg5cg3IhOY4J2FiN71EPbL8uw2JYPuL2hifQ6cQfKP7Fh2F5eY