1 2 3 4
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
10/9/20 11:59 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Got a picture of it so we know what to look for?

wae
wae UltraDork
10/9/20 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

This isn't  mine, but it is the model that I have:

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
10/9/20 1:00 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Anyone have experience with the cast iron waffle makers you can use on the stove?  Will they work well on an electric burner?

Something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/Noxious-Additives-Material-Sandwich-Breakfast/dp/B07WWW1S84/

I was also hoping to see if anyone had good luck with one of these. I have a gas stove now and damnit, I'm going to use it for as many things as possible. Plus I would rather have a nice piece of cast iron that will last forever rather than keep hanging onto the crappy electric waffle iron that I hate that I somehow inherited from my wife's college roommate.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
10/9/20 2:02 p.m.

I have a Belgian waffle iron and I don't think has ever had waffle batter in it.  I bought it for only one reason, leftover turkey stuffing (dressing) waffles.  Take the leftover stuffing/dressing the day after Thanksgiving and smoosh it into the iron.  Cook it until it is slightly toasted/caramelized and light brown.   Put some turkey on it then pour the leftover gravy on it.  Mashed potatoes go on the side for me but can be put on top. 

It is better than the dinner the night before.  Your tongue will beat your brains out wondering why you have never done this before.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UberDork
10/9/20 8:47 p.m.
wae said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

This isn't  mine, but it is the model that I have:

Had one of those. Mom passed it down to me. Worked pretty good but didn't make Belgium Waffles, made thin square waffles. Was easy to clean though since the cooking plates removed. It finally quit working. Really kinda surprised it lasted as long as it did as mom got when I was a teen and my kids were teens when it quit working. Went years without a waffle maker, just did pancakes or French toast. Now have an inexpensive Bella Belgium Waffle maker. Not as easy to clean since it doesn't come apart. The detent that holds it flipped over broke about the 3rd time I used it so now I flip it over and brace the handle on the batter bowl. It works and use it regularly. SWMBO loves blueberry waffles using fresh blueberries from our garden. She puts yogurt on her waffles instead of syrup.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7ghwLIdmkXbXU0uZKNIcs3IdK0lxPbclEGj9TTJ9FEezLc4LA0Z20c7Q3rXIWjzC