1 2 3 4 ... 43
JohnGalt
JohnGalt Reader
2/25/10 5:00 p.m.

My vote goes for the 70's Camaro. It doesn't go, it doesn't turn, it makes a beautiful sound. This would put a lot of focus on the tuning and driving. And it makes me giggle to see one going up and down the fujimi kaido in all its 70's merican' glory.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/25/10 10:03 p.m.

I got some good ITR practice in today.

I think we should run 5 lap races at each of the North American based racetracks over the season. I will come up with the track list, and race order tomorrow evening.

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
2/26/10 7:23 a.m.

What the hell is an ITR?

And for people like me, with 41 year old hands that have seen quite a few jammed knuckles from basketball, using a clutch on the controller is a real pain in the ass. And the clutch is worth about 3 secs. a lap in the right hands. I would suggest NOT using the clutch.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/26/10 8:11 a.m.

ITR is shorthand for Integra Type R

captainzib
captainzib HalfDork
2/26/10 8:59 a.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Did you try swapping the clutch/handbrake buttons? Even with 27 yearold hands, the original button map is a pain in the ass, but it's cake when it's mapped to the A button.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
2/26/10 10:28 a.m.

Got my ITR last night (white - orange graphics - monkey on the back) and did the spec tweaks (336 is where my PI ended up). ^ thanks for the tip on the clutch button - I'll try it out tonight.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
2/26/10 12:29 p.m.

Wait what? using the clutch in this game is worth 3 seconds a lap!?!

Why, How?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
2/26/10 1:09 p.m.

Kick the clutch, rip the ebrake, and then powah over man.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
2/26/10 1:16 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Kick the clutch, rip the ebrake, and then powah over man.

That won't work so well with an Integra.

I'm keen on skipping the manual clutch also. Maybe we should have a carpal tunnel league.

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
2/26/10 1:38 p.m.

I varies a lot by track, but, the more you have to shift, the bigger the difference in lap times will be. Using the clutch, the car will NOT slow down in the gear upshift. It continues to accelerate. Using just the manual trans setting, the car usually looses two mph on an upshift.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/26/10 7:47 p.m.

Okay, here are the tracks that we are going to run, and the order in which we will do them.

Race Weekend 1 - Saturday February 27 8PM
Race 1 - Road America Full Circuit
Race 2 - New York Circuit Old Circuit Reverse

Race Weekend 2 - Saturday March 6 8PM (pending the timely finish of the Grand Am Grand Prix of Miami)
Race 1 - Road Atlanta Full Circuit
Race 2 - Sunset Peninsula Speedway

Race Weekend 3 - Saturday March 13 8PM
Race 1 - Sebring Club Circuit
Race 2 - Sedona Raceway Park Full Circuit

Race Weekend 4 - Saturday March 20
Race 1 - Recover from, and prepare for St. Patrick's Day festivities.
Race 2 - Observe 58th Annual Mobil 1 Sebring 12 hour

Race Weekend 5 - Saturday March 27 8PM
Race 1 - Laguna Seca Full Circuit
Race 2 - Road America Full Circuit

Race Weekend 6 - Saturday April 3 8PM
Race 1 - New York Circuit Full Circuit
Race 2 - Sebring Full Circuit

Race Weekend 7 - Saturday April 10 8PM
Race 1 - Sunset Peninsula Club Circuit
Race 2 - Sedona Raceway Park Club Circuit Reverse

Race Weekend 8 - Saturday April 17
Observation of the American Le Mans Series Grand Prix of Long Beach

Race Weekend 9 - Saturday April 24
Race 1 - The 1 Hour of Le Mans (Old Mulsanne Circuit)*

The * denotes points valued double

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/26/10 7:54 p.m.

Each race will be 10 laps, and one must finish at least half of the laps to receive points. (ie. if you are more than 5 laps down by the end of the race, you do not earn points for that race)

There will be a 15 minute intermission between races for bathroom breaks, munchies, updating facebook status, etc. so I can get running points tallies.

Headsets are encouraged, as is trash talking, so long as the language is "civil". (some people have kids...I don't, but some may, let's not ruin this for them. Everything else already is.)

oldtin
oldtin Reader
2/26/10 8:49 p.m.

Simulated damage or cosmetic? Assists off?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/26/10 10:02 p.m.

assists don't make you faster do they? I don't care if you use them. I won't be.

Simulated damage.

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
2/26/10 10:19 p.m.

Gah I need to get back so I can get in on this! Although it'll probably be some months before I have a stable location to play from

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/26/10 10:56 p.m.

We should be into the second season in a couple months.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/26/10 11:54 p.m.

Well I'll be bringing up the back of the pack, I haven't played for a long time.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/26/10 11:59 p.m.

somehow I doubt it... I just got a steering wheel, I think I am a good 4 seconds a lap faster with my standard wireless controller. I think I will pick up pace somewhere mid-season though.

This ITR is too understeery for my taste, and some of these tracks do not suit my driving style. (I know, I am breaking out the excuses already)

So who is going to be joining us on Saturday at RA and NYC?...and how do I start the event? I have never done this before...

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
2/27/10 12:58 a.m.

If the Spec Miata forum guys aren't running tonight, I'll give it a go. Just a three lap test at Road America, I got down to a 2:31.702, without the clutch.

924guy
924guy Dork
2/27/10 7:56 a.m.

on behalf of the video game challenged, some of us who have little to no idea what is needed to partake in this adventure, can some someone please detail the equipment that is needed, or at least point to a link that has that info?

oldtin
oldtin Reader
2/27/10 10:27 a.m.

I'm in although I'm running more like 2:36 ish.

I think you just set up a private race and send us an invite?? Although someone may know another way.

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
2/27/10 12:04 p.m.

Yeah, the host sets up a Private race, then sends invites to seven other people. If we have more than 8 total, we'll need another room and host. The total time can be compared between the two rooms, since everybody starts from a dead stop. But someone has to at least "Save Replay", if they don't write the times down.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
2/27/10 12:20 p.m.
924guy wrote: on behalf of the video game challenged, some of us who have little to no idea what is needed to partake in this adventure, can some someone please detail the equipment that is needed, or at least point to a link that has that info?

You'll need an x-box 360 - the elite edition preferably, a copy of the game forza motorsports 3, and a subscription to x-box live (Internet connection-broadband)

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
2/27/10 5:56 p.m.

okay, so, who am I sending invitations to?

T-minus 64 minutes and counting.

skruffy
skruffy Dork
2/27/10 6:07 p.m.

Friend me, but I probably won't be on tonight. I'm just now leaving to go to a friends birthday dinner. I'll be on next saturday though.

Are we running the Acura or Honda ITR? I don't think there's a performance difference, but I'm running the Acura.

If anyone wants to share tire pressures, I've been shooting for 38-39psi hot all around, but I'm not sure I'm happy with that. I played with pressures a bunch today and never really found something that worked as well as I'd like.

1 2 3 4 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xoxdKDA0nc3sOCI7A2bfwR2q9uSZDRs5d0JF6mxZOuwFuO5d2tGx6A0cAwX5JvXs