1 ... 40 41 42 43
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
12/15/10 4:21 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

The Tii was the NormAsp with fuel injection. The turbo was Euro only (and I think they were injected as well). Also in Europe, they had a cool version with twin sidedraft carbs called the Ti. And a kind of hatchback called the Touring.

http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/1974_BMW_2002_Touring_Alpina_A4_Clone_Rear_1.jpg

I love 02s. Sure wish I had kept one of the three or four I owned. I guess I just never saw good ones getting this expensive.

Smack35
Smack35 Reader
12/15/10 5:14 p.m.

Finally got the 2002, which they should've had in the first place. They sound insanely badass in ITB from, even badasser as an E-Prod car. I'll probably be getting this car pack too.

Steven

failboat
failboat Reader
12/16/10 7:58 a.m.

took me well over an hour to d/l the pack with the xbox tethered to the cell phone. had to use an xbl trial card to get online. so even though I can no longer race with the league....i got the cars I have been waiting for.

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
12/16/10 3:20 p.m.

Smack35
Smack35 Reader
12/16/10 3:29 p.m.

I put the 242 in E Class, its pretty sweet. Sounds good too. The 190E is also a beast.

Steven

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
12/16/10 3:30 p.m.

Anybody going to be on tonight?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
12/16/10 3:48 p.m.

I'll be there. It's the first open Thursday I've had in a while, so I'll be awful rusty. What time?

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
12/16/10 5:29 p.m.

NOW!

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
12/16/10 5:59 p.m.

It turns out that I might not be there. People are coming up to look at my XJ for sale.

friedgreencorrado
12/18/10 12:21 a.m.

Kinda off-topic, but I just have to ask..

I was playing career mode earlier this evening, and lapped a car. I think the damn thing gave me a lap penalty for it! Jeez, you'd think that would be a game achievement!

Is it just my imagination, or does that really happen?

oldtin
oldtin Dork
12/18/10 12:45 a.m.

I've lapped cars in career - don't remember a penalty - but anything's possible.

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
12/18/10 1:42 p.m.

Guess I don't get what you mean by lap penalty. You mean it gave you an invalidated lap?

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
12/18/10 1:45 p.m.

I remember running a JGTC car in the "Nissan Owners Cup", and I lapped a micra about 4 times. never got a penalty for it.

friedgreencorrado
12/18/10 11:38 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Guess I don't get what you mean by lap penalty. You mean it gave you an invalidated lap?

Yeah. The little triangle with the exclamation point appears on the lap time when I lap the AI guy in career mode. It's done it more than once. Am I missing an upgrade or something? I thought those would come automatically, since the box is connected to Live all the time..

I'm using cockpit view, maybe I'm not giving him enough space (clipping him as I go around or something).

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
12/19/10 7:48 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
racerfink wrote: Guess I don't get what you mean by lap penalty. You mean it gave you an invalidated lap?
Yeah. The little triangle with the exclamation point appears on the lap time when I lap the AI guy in career mode. It's done it more than once. Am I missing an upgrade or something? I thought those would come automatically, since the box is connected to Live all the time.. I'm using cockpit view, maybe I'm not giving him enough space (clipping him as I go around or something).

Yeah, probably the case. The exclamation point denotes a "dirty" lap. if you put a wheel off, or clip someone, it shows up.

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
12/19/10 9:07 a.m.

That comes from drafting. Drafting will invalidate a lap. Whether he's drafting you, or you're drafting him. And it takes very little to get that drafting penalty.

Also, if it happens in the last 'segment' of a lap, it will invalidate the entire next lap as well.

Smack35
Smack35 Reader
12/19/10 5:36 p.m.
racerfink wrote: That comes from drafting. Drafting will invalidate a lap. Whether he's drafting you, or you're drafting him. And it takes very little to get that drafting penalty. Also, if it happens in the last 'segment' of a lap, it will invalidate the entire next lap as well.

huh I never knew that. Forza is total bullE36 M3 on that stuff. There needs to be no penalties for drafting or dropping a wheel, if 4 wheels go off more than once in a race, make it so the driver has a drive thru penalty. They need to do more testing before releasing so the '03 Celica and AWD cars, converted or not, stop dominating every single class I enter.

Steven

friedgreencorrado
12/20/10 12:21 a.m.
racerfink wrote: That comes from drafting. Drafting will invalidate a lap. Whether he's drafting you, or you're drafting him. And it takes very little to get that drafting penalty. Also, if it happens in the last 'segment' of a lap, it will invalidate the entire next lap as well.

Ah, the mystery solved! I'm not really trying to draft, just keeping from slamming his backside through the slow stuff, and picking my place to finally get by him. Thanks, man. Still, that's kind of strange. Drafting's so much a part of the sport that you'd think it would be an xBox "achievment badge", instead of a penalty. Oh, well...that's what I get for playing a console game instead of getting serious about iRacing.

OTOH, I can't really see m'self doing very well on iRacing after having a beer or three..

Smack35
Smack35 Reader
12/20/10 9:28 a.m.

iRacing is just as bad. The grass is literally like ice. The people are pretty bad, so when they screw up and hit you, you still get penalty points against your license which makes it hard to move up a license to race different cars and better people. Me and a few buddies who club race could not get past the D level license, which is the lowest level besides rookie. That's why rFactor is nice, no licenses and everything is free. iRacing does have the tracks down amazingly, vehicle dynamics is pretty good, but the vehicles itself are not very close. They have a Skip Barber car top out at like 115, I think it should be way faster than that. Once you do move up levels the racing is better, but really frustrating when you crash b/c you're pretty much out.

Steven

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
12/20/10 10:13 p.m.

It's nice to see you guys are still tearing it up with this on a weekly basis.

I had fun when it started but unfortunately when I moved this summer and bought myself a new XBOX, it decided to not transfer my save game.

So I lost everything and lost the urge to play this for awhile, but Im slowly building up my garage again.

friedgreencorrado
12/20/10 11:05 p.m.
ChesterRumble wrote: It's nice to see you guys are still tearing it up with this on a weekly basis. I had fun when it started but unfortunately when I moved this summer and bought myself a new XBOX, it decided to not transfer my save game. So I lost everything and lost the urge to play this for awhile, but Im slowly building up my garage again.

Chester, I've been playing career mode a lot lately (my days off rotate, didn't have Thu off for awhile, hate the public lobbies), and I've got about 7 million credits in the virtual bank. What cars do you want? You'll have to tune them yourself, but I can buy a few stockers and gift them to ya..

oldtin
oldtin Dork
12/20/10 11:27 p.m.

Same here Chester. I've been doing career mode. Pretty much have a garage I'm comfy with - I've got something like 22 million credits. What do you want?

Wish career mode was more than just R1 - although it does make your driving better eventually (once I quit using the accelerator like an on/off switch).

friedgreencorrado
12/21/10 12:10 a.m.
oldtin wrote: Same here Chester. I've been doing career mode. Pretty much have a garage I'm comfy with - I've got something like 22 million credits. What do you want? Wish career mode was more than just R1 - although it does make your driving better eventually (once I quit using the accelerator like an on/off switch).

As the young'uns say, "Word up." I've actually started hiring drivers when I finish the Championship race, and the only choices for the in-between race series is stuff where the game wants me to run R1 cars on places like Fujimi Kaido (which I actually enjoyed until it got to S class..), or run down New York with the chicanes again.

I guess I'm still wating for the "SCCA Club Racing 2011" game. I'm still pissed that the Radical in the game is the V8, instead of the bike-motored version I see in C Sports Racer so often.

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
12/22/10 11:50 a.m.

Lots of DLC (even stuff for your avatar) is half priced in the marketplace right now. Finally picked up the supercar pack now that it's 200 MS Points. So now my R3 times will be coming down quite a bit on the leaderboards.

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
12/23/10 10:17 p.m.

I appreciate all the support guys, but I'm doing okay at the moment. I've got a few cars I use to sandbag to get through the lower level stuff but I will definitely hit you guys up in a week or two when I need some real firepower.

Working retail during the holidays is really putting a damper on my game time. I'm really looking forward to the week after Christmas.

1 ... 40 41 42 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RpXrbiGtYTLG55NTj6dhiPjtphp3tKYOBqsHdMRURiJ0o2YgSrFxPpgNYPT3NKwa