ultraclyde PowerDork
12/29/18 8:51 a.m.

I always think I've done a good job packing until I see this thread. frown

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
12/29/18 10:56 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Bomb's away:

Getting dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning. As soon as I finished taping it closed I immediately remembered three other things I meant to put in there. Oh well, I'll have a head start on next year's box.

..... and dropped off.

26 pounds 10.4 ounces.  Lots of ballast.

Edit: Kentucky bound.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/29/18 1:54 p.m.

I got my gift box yesterday but had family over for dinner.  I opened it this morning and the first thing I saw was a recycled GRM gift box from the PNW.  

Started the tear down to find the following goodies!

I don't have a set of these!  Looks to be very handy.

First Jaguar thing I've ever owned.  First British car thing I've ever owned come to think of it!

Wheel center caps

HF air hammers!

Throttle body assembly

Speedo cable

Momentary switch I think.  Complete with prophylactic covered button!

New prox sensor

Interesting section of rubber hose with integral divider.

Shiny bits!

Empi interior light lens and switch.

Cool sticker soon to be placed in a yet to be determined location.

For box ballast a VERY COOL book!  

Thanks for the cool things Trent!

I had fun doing this and look forward to next years event!

Todd 

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
12/30/18 12:54 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

The book and sensor are regifts from the last game as per tradition.

I rebuilt that TBI unit like 5 years ago intending to use it on the Falcon but never did. I think the Speedo cable should be for a T5.

The rubber thing is a BMW exhaust hanger.

And that switch is rated for something like 40 amps. Used for starter switches for cars and tractors without solenoids.

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
12/30/18 12:57 p.m.

My haul from Andy. 

No pics of the box as the post office was out of them so I had to reuse it 

A t shirt from an ice company accompanied by a rad ice pick.  Some safety glasses, spark plugs, electrical tape. A vintage Volvo hubcap and some wrenches. 

The wife has already asked if she can have the shirt!

Thanks Andy!

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/30/18 2:27 p.m.

My package arrived from Saginaw, Michigan earlier this week, but I didn't have a chance to open it until today.

Looks like quite the haul! Hope that's not a suppository cheeky

A little digging revealed this: a small collection of relays, a big pair of nuts, the Walgreens stress ball/pill thingy, a very nice Kershaw knife (which is awesome because my good knife went missing some time ago), a neat spoon/multi tool thing, and an AC Delco box labeled power steering hose. Inside that box is a 90 elbow wih a hose barb on one end and a flare fitting on the other that looks like it could prove useful someday.

Excellent selection of stickers!

Here we have another couple stickers, a patch, a wiper control switch from a ???, a Lumina badge (my grandmother had a Lumina sedan for a number of years), some goggles, a pair of license plates that read 'Run Forrest Run' and 'Stop Forrest Stop'

Last but not least, a Hard Rock Cafe t shirt and some candy. Mmm, candy.

Still haven't figured out who the Secret Santa was, but thank you to whoever you are! Well done!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/18 6:57 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

That would be me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. The tactical spork, nuts, and pocket knife are regifts from last year. The relays came from various 90's BMWs. The wiper switch and Chevrolet Lumina badging came from my APV.R Challenge minivan. The custom sticker is also my extra from the back window, as seen here.

Finally, the candy is from my recent business trip to Japan. Enjoy!

-Sean

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/30/18 9:48 p.m.

I love this part of the game!   A "Tactical spork"???  laugh

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/31/18 8:38 a.m.

I got my box from "Some Random GRMer"!

Here's what I got:

-Last Lane picture frame

-Mann Oil Filter: HU816/2x (Haven't looked at what that might be for yet.)

-2 1/4" Exhaust clamp

-Neck knife!

-Old Motorola Car Phone Speaker thing.

-Slingshot with ammo (1/4" nuts I believe)

-3 Matchbox cars

-Square tubing plastic end plugs

-Harbor Freight sticky light (Very handy, think I'll use that in the gun cabinet.)

-Can opener

-Sticker, maybe of a flower?

-ear plugs

-HF flush cutters

-Zip Ties

-Large Carabiner

-Valve spring?

-Rubber plug of some sort

-Some sort of key/tool thing

Pretty sweet haul!

Closer picture of the key/tool that I have no idea what it might be. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/31/18 8:50 a.m.

Nice collection.  No idea what the tool is.

This is my first year.  To avoid a faux pax next year, am I supposed for forward some of the gifts I received to my next victim? 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/31/18 9:01 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Only the ones you don't want. wink

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/31/18 9:25 a.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Ahh, of course you wouod have a dust buster Lumina van, now it all makes sense cheeky. Thanks again, the tactical spork is excellent!

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/31/18 10:19 a.m.
wawazat said:

This is my first year.  To avoid a faux pax next year, am I supposed for forward some of the gifts I received to my next victim? 

I don’t think there are any hard and fast rules on what has to be included in your box.  There are a couple items that became “tradition” to regift, like a no trespassing sign.

AWSX1686
12/31/18 10:24 a.m.
paranoid_android said:
wawazat said:

I don’t think there are any hard and fast rules on what has to be included in your box.  There are a couple items that became “tradition” to regift, like a no trespassing sign.

I'm gonna miss that no trespassing sign...

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
12/31/18 10:33 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Those are metering rods and jets from a carburetor.

AWSX1686
12/31/18 10:43 a.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

Ahh, makes sense. Thanks!

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/31/18 10:45 a.m.
AWSX1686 said:

Closer picture of the key/tool that I have no idea what it might be. 

In this age of fuel injection, no one knows what those are anymore. They are metering rods and jets.   Looks like from a Carter carb.  AVS/Thermoquad?

Which gives me an excuse to use my favorite meme-

java230
java230 UltraDork
12/31/18 1:03 p.m.

I got my box! Looks like it lived on the porch a couple days, but everything seems to have survived :D

Thank you Ross!!!

Started with a uh oh....

Then right on top was a cute little Xmas card.

Getting into it :D Vacuum tubes! And a post card with 50's flair from NSW.

A bunch of Vac tubes, way cool. I will have to google and see what they are for. The Army ones are dated 1940!

This one has me stumped, one Rotary encoder (?) to 5 DB9 plugs?!

One Xbox Live stater kit

A VHF Marine radio.

A tire filler that actually goes high enough for my truck!

One "Save" Icon :P

A caliper rebuild kit, fits Mercury 1977-76, Mercury 1974-71, Nissan 1978-70, Toyota 1983-68, Triumph 1969-68. 

Some local coffee. (I am seeing some stalking may have happened here.... :D )

Gate latch

And the piece de resistance - A Solex carb! With a full rebuild kit, spacers/adapters?, manual and custom tools for said rebuild?

Also battery terminal and cable clamps.

And everything all together!! Thanks again Ross!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/31/18 1:42 p.m.
Jumper K Balls (Trent) said:

My haul from Andy. 

No pics of the box as the post office was out of them so I had to reuse it 

A t shirt from an ice company accompanied by a rad ice pick.  Some safety glasses, spark plugs, electrical tape. A vintage Volvo hubcap and some wrenches. 

The wife has already asked if she can have the shirt!

Thanks Andy!

I have a pair of those hubcaps! 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/31/18 1:56 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Bomb's away:

Getting dropped off at the post office tomorrow morning. As soon as I finished taping it closed I immediately remembered three other things I meant to put in there. Oh well, I'll have a head start on next year's box.

Hey that looks familiar... 

Lets see here:

• Feb.15th '93 Autoweek
  • Feb. '92 MotorTrend
  • Haynes Saturn S-Series book
  • Stanley hat and socks
  • Cobra knife
  • Indiana Army Veteran license plate
  • a nice Hotwheels/Matchbox haul
  • Hammers
  • vice grips
  • hammer pliers
  • wire strippers
  • glass cutter
  • BMW ignition coil (I have 7 of these and no BMW now) 
  • Door handle belonging to what I think is a Miata
  • knock off hub
  • brake rotor (nice touch)
  • chocolate
  • 6" scale
  • 2" hitch ball
  • pipe plug
  • tubing cutter
  • exacto knife blades
  • DVD copy of Days of Thunder
  • Toyota wiper linkage bushing
  • box of 5643 NGK spark plugs
  • Cenntech float charger
  • electrical cable end
  • nail set
  • amp gauge
  • screwdriver bits

You did good. 

Apologies to my victim for not having mine out yet. It'll be headed your way ASAP.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/31/18 3:52 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

I hope you actually like coffee and your screen name wasnt picked for ironic reasons. wink

The carb is from my Renault 8. I cleaned it pinesol and then rinsed it with water.

The vacuum tubes should be able to make a "Darling 1626 amp". Some leap in knowledge is necessary or a bunch of internet help but you have the two power tubes (vt-137 or 1626), preamp tube 6SL7 (iirc) and a rectifier tube 5Y3GT. Add in one power and two output transformers, resistors, capacitors, volume potentiometer, and connectors for input output, and you have yourself a tube amp!

Have fun with my old crap!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
12/31/18 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

I hope you like it.

• Door handle is indeed from a Miata (re-gifted from last year's game)
  •  knock off hub and spinner is from a 1965 Triumph TR4 originally fitted with wire wheels
  • brake rotor - is from my daily driver Saturn (it needed some ballast wink)
  • Toyota wiper linkage bushing - This is a cheap part to fix the Saturn Shifter Cable problem you posted about recently, google the saturn forum site.  I did this repair on mine, over 7 years ago and had this part left over the package.
  • box of 5643 NGK spark plugs, again this fit your Saturn (well at least they fit the DOHC engine, I think they also work in your SOHC engine)
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/31/18 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Ok good to know on the wiper bushing, going to have to look into that because I was ready to pull the shifter out and put a bolt through the cable if it fell off again. I just put new plugs in my SL1 so I shouldn't need these for a bit but I'll check, I like having spares. I like all this stuff, you did good. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/18 9:32 p.m.

My box has arrived from Furious E!  I was excited, but Ollie smelled nothing edible and quickly lost interest.

Pile one:  Always handy work gloves barely visible modeled by the wife, a Pennsylvania license plate, fog light, a repair kit I assume for a small carb, a Kraco speaker, heater hose splice, hose clamp, and a bag of body clips.  

Pile two: Stickers, Hot Rod and Hemmings Magazines, a trailer connector, Hot Wheels cars, tubing bender, drill bit, pre-owned mystery bit possibly emission related, a shutoff valve, a big aluminum truck butt plug, and a coin holder.

Thank You Furious E for the box o’ neat stuff!! 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/1/19 8:43 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

From a Carter/Edelbrock carb specifically. The hot wheels cars were handed down from Wally last year. The slingshot is damn near dangerous and although using 1/4 nuts as ammo is horribly wasteful, they shoot beautifully.  Do a search for the tags on the back of the sticker for the story behind it. Enjoy!

1 2 3 4 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M6NfC2rnu48hFvB0Xhq9uX3eZ2hQt9ngicpsO24Kge75odiCg1F9Qq0HXDmc9zSa