1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
1/1/19 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

That coin holder would have a happy home in my m3 :)

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
1/1/19 1:38 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Go to the junkyard and look in the consoles of '97-'04 GM W-bodies

java230
java230 UltraDork
1/1/19 2:46 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

I do enjoy coffee! Thank you, I am looking forward to trying them.

Very cool on the carb, It looks like its in good shape.

And I will have to do some googling on the amp! That sounds like a really cool project actually! 

imgon
imgon Reader
1/1/19 2:48 p.m.

My package arrived the other day, it has some cool items;

This pair of lights has me stumped. They are made from a "composite/plastic" so must be modern but they throw a a horizontal light beam and the lens' are thick glass. Haven't researched much will have to see what they might be.

Next was a can of primer, guess this is a sign I need to get the body work done this winter on the RX 7.

After that there were some paddle drill bits

And some marking tape, you can never have too much tape

A couple of RX 7 Hot Wheels cars

Then there is this koozie from the Tail of the Dragon. I rode my bike down there a couple of times in the early 2000's, it is so cool, brought back many fond memories.

Oddly enough, this suicide cord would have been just what i needed if i had opened the box a few hours earlier. I was working on something i wanted temporary power for and happened to remember where I had one. Then opened the box that evening.

A file and some brushes are always useful

A bag with some "maybe swag" from BC Coilovers, a clamp and the requisite 10mm socket

And then a butt load of stickers

As this is my first year I am humbled by what we can find out about each other.  I have no idea the sender was but they seem to know me. Thanks for a fun package.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/19 3:26 p.m.

I took a picture of a couple items I overlooked at first. 

And found an appropriate place for one of the stickers. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/19 3:57 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

I can’t send a message because Yahoo! Send an email to Wally13us at Yahoo dot com and I will start regifting early.  

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
1/1/19 4:26 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

You were the only one in the thread with Plymouth MA as city/state.

The lights are ford fusion projector fog lights from a project I never finished.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/1/19 4:43 p.m.

My turn!

My gifter got mine to me right before Christmas. Unfortunately, with a herd of young children followed by leaving for 4 days meant that I didn't get to it until Dec 30th.  Sorry person!

Mine is in the mail to NC as of yesterday.

Onto the loot!

Obligatory picture of the box, name obscured.

A nice note, stickers and MRE from my Kansas friend:

Digging down one level reveals:

Das German Kar badge, map of Kansas, a moist chamoise, some fridge magnets and some delicious jerky sticks!  But that's not all!

Next stage of separation reveals a bunch of beer kozies, some nice hood pins, a OEL fill cap from the previously mentioned Kar, an embossed Gen. Patton badge, and a very, very loud looking horn.  It was about 11:30PM, so I didn't test it. 

I'm also rich!

I've never had 1000 WON to my name before!

There's also a great preflight badge that's going to get riveted somewhere to my racecar.

Final depth included a cam shaft and gear, grommets, ferd badge, wipes, tire repair kit, shift knob and a piston that has clearly seen better days.  From a Polaris?

Thanks secret new year's person!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/1/19 8:14 p.m.

Found my package nearly frozen to the front porch after visiting friends over New Year's. I am most pleased with the contents, which all survived the soaking well. Pictures of the loot tomorrow after work...

Cooter
Cooter Dork
1/1/19 11:19 p.m.

My package showed up yesterday, but I wasn't able to upload pix until today.

12lbs.  No flywheels or brake rotors, it appears

My wife asked me why someone would ship a bird to me. And why it was trying to get out.

Let's see what is inside, shall we?

My,, there's a lot in here.

Stickers, hat, bondo shaper, Kimwipes, cordless headphones, green Scotchbrite pad,  straight and counter clockwise birds, some patches, a string of 1/4" drive metric sockets, pocket tape measures (I have a collection of these, and these will be great additions to it),  a money clip (which I can use, as I never keep money in my wallet), allen wrenches, various cutting, drilling and milling bits (I especially can use the tungsten carbide tile/glass bit) and a Swiss Army knif that still has the tweezers and plastic toothpick, and two tube of graphic lock lubricant that I kept forgetting to buy.  There also appears to be a Fram "AirHog" filter for a Toyota fitment...

But wait, there's MORE!

A Skechers Cali bag of some sort with two see through compartments inside (sandals carrying bag??) a 7 1/4" circular saw blade, a Mile 22 shirt in my size (though I haven't seen the movie, it is a pretty darn cool shirt), and paperclips which my wife immediately confiscated, along with the Sharpie and magnetic screwdriver tips. 

All in all, a great haul!  Thank you! 

Here is the back of the shirt.  I'm guessing it may be a staff or company shirt of some sort for the vehicle supplier?  (further research tells me I'm not far off)

And the money clip-

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/2/19 7:45 a.m.
ShawneeCreek said:

Found my package nearly frozen to the front porch after visiting friends over New Year's. I am most pleased with the contents, which all survived the soaking well. Pictures of the loot tomorrow after work...

Glad it made it and the contents survived. Was going to try for a personal touch for you, but I didn't have a good way to make it work. Glad you enjoyed it!

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/2/19 9:01 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane :

The chamois wasn't moist when I sent it, promise. The jerky is locally sourced from my hometown butcher. Hood pins are my obligatory regift. Horn is a back-up alarm from a school bus. Found that preflight check placard on the ground at the local scrapyard last time I took my scrap in. 1000 won ... well, you're rich in spirit anyway. Camshaft is AC VW, hadn't got around to making a lamp out of it yet. Piston is unknown, was tucked in a dark corner of my shop when I moved into the new rental house a few months ago. Make up a good story and impress your friends.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
1/2/19 10:16 a.m.

Cooter!

i ended up not having space to fill with ballast :).  And judging by the condition of it, it might not have survived if it was much heavier.  

I hope the headphones work. Or that you don’t want them :)

the shirt is from Mile22 - I drove the pod cars on it.  I heard the movie wasn’t great but thought you might like the shirt.  The hat is from the Mexico City go kart track where we did a Baby Driver premiere. 

I figured out it was you but was pretty fruitless in figuring out what I could get you that would be specific to you.   :(   You have everything!   So I tried to include some useful expendibles.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
1/2/19 10:22 a.m.

My box arrived sometime while I was away over the holidays. Finally got home yesterday, opened it up and this is what I found. 

I’ll try to update this tonight, while getting my tire patched from the giant screw my wife picked up over the holidays. 

Edit 1-28: 

Some useful things were found in this package, like a first aid kit, a steering wheel hub adapter that looks like it fits my RX7(I've never owned a car with an aftermarket wheel... yet), Some very interesting stickers that may make it onto one of my vehicles, a used harness that would be practical for the challenge cars, an assortment of keychains that may be used, and a pocket knife. 

A full not very useful things that led my wife to say, "get this stuff off my counter." Used wire bits and a couple of busted extensions. 

All in all this exercise gives me lots of ideas for next year, I may pick up an extra flat rate box to throw random things into during the year. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/2/19 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

Hope you enjoy my junk! 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/19 3:02 p.m.

Craigslist address blocker

Opening

Sparco hood pins and some little guys to keep the hose from getting stuck under the tires while washing

Tube bending springs, nylon strapping, zip ties, interior panel removers, vacuum tube

Matco offset ratcheting wrenches 

Stickers, wiring, black push pin things, volt gauge, tire tape measure, toyota watch, suction cup, and what appears to be some valves

Intake coupler, a resistor for something, nitto lanyard, weighted shift knob, turbo wheel for? Grimmspeed boost solenoid(is this seriously for an 02 wrx because it looks like the right plug?)

And some very appropriate magazines 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
1/2/19 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Correct it is for a 2002 WRX, and the turbo wheel fitment I have no idea what its for, It has been setting in my tool box for 5 years id say, It was laying in the trunk of my first SRT. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/19 3:27 p.m.

whatever the quarter turn valves are for, they’re going to get used on the engine test stand build.  Thanks!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/2/19 4:01 p.m.

Colorfully wrapped, heavy, moist, and slightly frozen package from the front porch. Let's see what's inside...

Well, that's an excellent start. It seems I'm the next annual caretaker of the GRM New Year's Game no trespassing sign. It even comes with some historical documentation on the back.

It has already found a home on the pegboard above my workbench with my license plates.

Beyond the sign was a layer of shop rags and the following...

And the whole haul:

This included two adjustable coilovers with remote reservoirs (for a motorcycle??), lock actuators for a BMW, BMW window switches, trailer? lights, two long (subframe?) bolts, an old Bluetooth headset, USB power block, carbon fiber look motorcycle license plate frame, a handful of weld on tabs, a can of Great Stuff, nitrile gloves, grinder sanding disc, a big bag of colorful tags on rings, Scotch Brite pad, used Sharpie, zip ties, needle nose pliers, welding rod, a shift knob (for a lawn mower?), and this:

Some googling leads me to believe that this is some sort of magic button to automatically reorder "Izze Sparkling Juice" from Amazon. I feel like we've reached peak lazy. Amazon Prime is already scarily easy to spend money and order things. They've now reduced it down to pressing a button?!?

Thanks AWSX1686! A wonderful mix of the useful, obscure, and useless. I look forward to passing the sign along next year.

-Sean

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/19 5:25 p.m.

Finally, I’ve got a moment to open my box!  CL address blocker idea stolen from the other guy with the cool name:

Initial layer is met with a healthy berkeley YEAH!  I totally needed a new hat!  And a pair of very lightweight polarized shades!

More fashion stuff:

Some WTF stuff:

Some random cable and electronic stuff arranged in a happy face:

Some new toys, including a 3D-printed epitrochoidal thingie:

A backup camera thing:

A cool multi-tool and sharpening stone:

The requisite sticker assortment:

A can of touch-up paint:

And some cookies which are still pretty good even after sitting under my tree since 12/21:

For all this I extend a hearty Thank You! to my Secret Santa from zip 15601.  

And now that I’ve got a box, I can repack it for my recipient.  SO if you’re in zip 17268 and feeling left out, in a few days you’ll probably wish you *had* been left out!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/2/19 6:09 p.m.

Wow, those cookies are in better shape than I expected. 

I'll just run through your wtf photo...

Top and left go together, parking pawl from a 4r70w. 

Middle is regofted VW ignition from last year.

Right is a belt clip from my hf hammer drill. Should fit most cordless tools.

And on the bottom is a bracket that came with the radar guns I bought from Ojannen a couple years ago. It didn't fit any of the radar guns, but looks semi useful for something.

I'll be honest, my stalking intimidated me a bit, and it wasn't until after the box was in the mail that I figured out some things I could have done to make it a bit more personal. But like I said in the other thread, if you find yourself coming through the area, let me know. My new butcher it's worth the detour.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
1/2/19 6:15 p.m.

The Rock Auto magnets- I knew I was forgetting to put something in the box I sent!

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/2/19 7:02 p.m.

Alright, mine arrived today. Now I just need to get off my butt and go to the Post Office tomorrow and actually ship mine.

Lets start with the outside... how do most of you open boxes, mine said use a blunt object. Who follows directions.

There was a note inside, in a non-english text. I guessed something nordic based on the text. Google translate to the rescue (sort of), Danish not too bad a guess.

First up was some nice carbon u-channel sections, fork gaiters or steering rack gaiters, and some spring rubbers.

Second layer: oil filter, mouse pad, precision screw drivers, head band thing, stickers, air fresheners (how did you know how my truck smells), and a beer coozy.

Third layer: small bearings, LED light bulb, resistors (resistance is futile), a water bottle, a can of turbine oil, a sign plate, and a bigger carbon u-channel section.

Fourth layer: NC license plate, stickers, magnets, and a Rocket wheels catalog.

Fifth layer: a grommet setting tool (with grommets), electric door lock motors(?), and the clock works mentioned in the letter.

Finally: the water bottle contained a Snap-On t-shirt

Many thanks and much fun will be had with the package contents.

I suspect the sender was AClockworkGarage, based off of my canny ability to use Google translate. Have a great 2019.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/19 7:17 p.m.
RevRico said:

Wow, those cookies are in better shape than I expected. 

*were* in better shape.  I walked away for a sec and my dog got ‘em.  She said “woof,” which I think means they were good.

I'll be honest, my stalking intimidated me a bit

I don’t bother with the stalking, but I appreciate the effort when others do it!

Thanks again!

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
1/2/19 8:15 p.m.
stafford1500 said:

There was a note inside, in a non-english text. I guessed something nordic based on the text. Google translate to the rescue (sort of), Danish not too bad a guess.

I suspect the sender was AClockworkGarage, based off of my canny ability to use Google translate. Have a great 2019.

Heh heh, google translate sucks...

"

Greetings steve, This box is not as crazy as those I’ve sent in the past, but I hope it will contain some useful items for you. As is my custom I have included a clock. However the license plate is from my personal collection rather than my pre-drilled stock. I’ve included a movement if you choose to convert it to a clock. Simply drill a hole in the center and bolt the movement in place.

Best wishes to you in the coming year.

A Clockwork Garage."

the power lock actuators are from an '89 IROC, everything else is pretty self explanatory.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xyxphWjd4WLzyW8h2QDeDi7oEDfnbcdW0yjj5K8bhmTRsrpuRt4fXHzLAV53qF5X