1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/24 9:37 a.m.

I had to wait 15 days, but I filed a Missing Mail Search Request, and as of yesterday afternoon, a search has been initiated for Box #1 that was shipped out on December 29. 

Status is now showing as "Delivery Exception", which I guess means that they no longer expect to hit the target date of January 2, 2024 like they keep telling me.  

But I have it on good authority that the second box I sent out as an emergency backup has landed.  So there's that. smiley

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/17/24 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

Blinky lives! 

I *think* I did that one. 

I did! I checked my notes. He is originally from 2019. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/17/24 12:23 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to Jerry :

Blinky lives! 

Correct.  I'm no artist, so I've been cutting sections off that box every year to share the art work with others.  I think I have 2-3 more usable pieces.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/17/24 1:05 p.m.
BradLTL said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to Jerry :

Blinky lives!

Correct.  I'm no artist, so I've been cutting sections off that box every year to share the art work with others.  I think I have 2-3 more usable pieces.

I was wondering if it was from you, kinda expected being we were both late to this party (but I had just thrown away the receipt from USPS).

I'm curious if the chips and sauce are local legends?  SWMBO suggested I include Grippo's chips next year (maybe a can of Skyline chili).  Only my 2nd year, getting new ideas for the next year each time.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/24 1:11 p.m.

Box away!

Expected delivery Fri 1/19.

I'm a little sad the receipt doesn't say the package weight.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/17/24 1:41 p.m.
BradLTL said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to Jerry :

Blinky lives! 

I'm always happy when I see my boxes make another go. I may not have the best insides, but I like to think I make a run at the best outsides. 

nlevine
nlevine GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/17/24 1:46 p.m.
moxnix said:

On Edit: You could warn a guy about the hot peppers in the cookies!! (unless something is seriously spoiled :-)  )...

Sorry meant to include a note but it must have gotten overlooked when packing.   Those are habanero sugar cookies.  

All good! I'll have my spicy-food-loving son try them (and I may, or may not, warn him ahead of time). 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/17/24 3:35 p.m.
Mndsm said:
BradLTL said:
Mndsm said:

In reply to Jerry :

Blinky lives! 

I'm always happy when I see my boxes make another go. I may not have the best insides, but I like to think I make a run at the best outsides. 

I thought the contents were awesome!

I was just digging back into it last night!  

Kids still need to go through it to!

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/17/24 7:13 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

They are local flavors and companies. In my first box my benefactor included some local flavors (honey actually), and I thought that was a great idea so I've been throwing some local treats in each box since. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/24 10:26 a.m.

Presenting the box I got!

Happy art work adorned the box and it arrived in better shape than usual.

Contents were carefully checked by Dog for any play or treat items.

First up we have stickers! Always appreciated. A tag from the land of cheese, sunglasses, gloves that my wife claimed, an INXS tape, and a C7 Corvette. We do have a C7 so I don’t know if I was stalked or just random luck.

Next some reading material, ear plugs (I use those a lot,) a koozie,  a brush I can ruin, a window / lock switch for a GM product, and a potato masher.

And wow! Finally I can start my journey as an influencer with this GoPro! Underwater case, suction mount, battery, the works. Be sure and hit that subscribe button below!

On to the tool aisle, 10mm and 17mm sockets, a nice 1/2“ U-joint, a cute flashlight that works, bottle opener, and a trim remover, which should be an improvement over my usual method of yanking on it until it breaks.

And finally, colorful zip ties (which I need) a 3D printed stove and engine block, Irish Spring bar soap and Top Ramen! And a really cool Lemons toque which I will indeed wear.

Thanks, mystery GRM person!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/24 10:57 a.m.

I'm showing the box I sent from Cleveland to Florida last week as currently being in Oakland California. Putting the Priority in Priority Mail apparently. Was supposed to be there Tuesday. 

wvumtnbkr
1/18/24 11:01 a.m.

I see some regifts in there!

Pretty sure that piston and rod is race winning. Unfortunately spun bearing on the #5 hole from a GM 3500 60 degree v6.  

I think there are about 5 of those rx7 manuals floating around at this point!

Edit to add:  Lily and Abby will be happy to see their box has become a legacy box!

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/24 12:03 p.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

Ahh heck! I would have sent dog treats if I knew!  The C7 was intentional, at least it was because you are who I thought you were. Several re-gifts from wvumtnbkr last year including the exterior the artwork, piston and reading material.  The oven is a 3d printed calibration cube I have about 2 dozen sitting in my scrap bin right now.  The tools are from my bin of extras and competitive samples from my days in the tool development industry. Mrs. Racetruck insisted on the ramen noodles and the green bar of rodent deterrent.  The go-pro works but it's been sitting in a bin for 3 years and I thought it would make great box filler.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/18/24 12:07 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Pretty sure that piston and rod is race winning. Unfortunately spun bearing on the #5 hole from a GM 3500 60 degree v6.  

Edit to add:  Lily and Abby will be happy to see their box has become a legacy box!

I'm pretty sure I sent out one of them a few years back when I figured I was unlikely to own another FC.

wvumtnbkr
1/18/24 12:26 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
wvumtnbkr said:

I'm pretty sure I sent out one of them a few years back when I figured I was unlikely to own another FC.

I have given several away.  I have received a few more.  I think I still have 3 of them in my garage!

Edit to clarify...  talking about the rx7 workshop manual.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/18/24 12:39 p.m.

I'm still rocking a Hero2, just had to get a couple aftermarket batteries from Amazon.  Does a decent job.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/18/24 4:07 p.m.

Box Away!  First time in the five years I've been doing it that I didn't get one before I sent mine.  Also probably the first time I've not gotten a polite "Dude, WTF?" message from Bill in early February. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/24 4:30 p.m.

I got home from work today to find a large box of rattles waiting for me in the snow. 

In the first layer we have an awesome license plate desk clock (the packaging did save the hands from being bent), a bottle of deez nuts, exhaust reducers, hot wheels and some stickers. 

Next up is a Haynes manual in case I decide to own another MGB in the future (maybe that's a sign I need to buy the one my wife's aunt offered), a battery maintainer for one of my many cars that sits all the time and kills the battery, a very beefy timing light that looks much more satisfying to use than my current cheap plastic one, a fuel(?) filter, wire brush and some drawer pulls. 

And finally, a K&N face filter, unknown hall effect sensor, vintage bottle opener and a great variety of stickers (I always forget to add some to my boxes). 

Great stuff, thanks!

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/18/24 6:49 p.m.

We lost power Saturday night due to a massive ice storm and still have no power or internet at home (I'm posting this from work) - a feeble excuse, I know, but I have to prioritize.

Someday, GRMer. Someday your box will ship.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/18/24 8:00 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Ship Happens.

wvumtnbkr
1/18/24 9:14 p.m.

Well, my neighbor is now taking over the box sending priorities.

He is a newb to GRM, but has been lurking for years.

He and I put our sh...tuff together and somebody is getting an eclectic box!

Should send out in the next few days!  

Sorry for the delay!  I was actually proud of myself for sending my box out so early (to the wrong person!).  Box 2 is loaded.  Just needs sent now!

nlevine
1/19/24 12:29 a.m.

In reply to nlevine :

I fired-up the MIXTRAX from my box and found a CD was left in the thing.

Nickelback

Really?

moxnix
moxnix Dork
1/19/24 7:31 a.m.
nlevine said:

In reply to nlevine :

I fired-up the MIXTRAX from my box and found a CD was left in the thing.

Nickelback

Really?

that was a regift from a prior year that I never started up.   I guess we don't call it a box of junk for nothing.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/19/24 8:10 a.m.

That mixtrack deck was a solid piece with way too bright dash lights. 

And the older I get the less Nickelback sucks. But I also don't hear him every other song on the radio anymore

nlevine
1/19/24 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I agree, too many lights for my tastes if I were to install it in a car. I've got the MIXTRAX wired into my desk-side audio stack temporarily for when I get the urge to listen to CDs while I work.

Today, Nickelback has been replaced by Mulatu Astatke's "Sketches of Ethiopia".

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CejmO4Vsh8mxXqlhHgOOdJ1kEMQk3GSB5lfMSwjwrucUCzcvegLEJDgNhp3VkaHg