1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/24 9:59 p.m.

The hat is from champcar and is from the 5th place finisher in the championship (me/us).

Some of the stuff is a regift!

Dan will be along shortly to explain some of the other stuff!

Sorry it took so long.  I accidentally sent the first box back to race truck Ron.  My neighbor stepped up and wanted in on the action.  He finished packing the box (the majority) and sent it your way!  

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/24 1:28 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

You're welcome-enjoy the cookies and beer! 

You might want to check the tracking on your package...I haven't received it yet.

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/24/24 3:46 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Thank you!

Likely not coming from me.... Its randomized.

Mine does appear to me making the rounds in the usps system......

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/24 12:22 p.m.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
1/25/24 12:40 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

As it turns out, that post office timing was crucial because when I got home a box in a box with a note in one box was waiting:

So I took in the glorious artwork:

Noted the approval:

And tucked in to examine the spoils! 

First up, a license plate, koozies, fine beverages (taste test pending), a jump rope, a pulley, an extraordinarily sharp compass, a Toyota emblem, and the actual style of safety glasses I use because every elderly machinist I've met still has both eyes:

Next a selection of fine reading and multi tools, a large valve, a collet of some  sort, and strangely branded chap stick:

Matchbox cars, mood lighting, sockets, an emblem which I lack the geographical and vehicular prerequisites to possess, and a voltmeter from the mesozoic period :

Yet more magazines, stickers, a cast somethingorother, and posters of the pinnacles of 90s domestic vehicle styling:

A box of clamps and fittings and such, more license plates, an actual pilot's log and a book by Neil Peart??

The log is mostly uneventful, which I assume is the goal in recreational aircraft:

Thank you sir and happy new year!

My son did the "Ratfink style" Pizza artwork a few years ago.  He's quite the aspiring artist.  My other kids did some of the other decorating too.  I'm glad to see the box is still in circulation, and a few familar items re-gifted. yes

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/24 1:03 p.m.

omfg they found the box I sent and it's finally out for delivery!

they should absolutely refund you the full rate if it takes 2 weeks to deliver priority mail 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/25/24 6:10 p.m.

I have been a bad dork.  I finally got my box winging its way to California.
Well.  Probably not winging just yet.  Probably sitting in the distro center still.  Anyways, still headed out.

So lets open the box!

Bailey wants to help!
He's a good puppy!  He's happy!  He's pretty! Is he intelligent?

..... He's pretty!

First layer:
A partial set of sockets, a cappucino tin of random bolts, a lock, a glue gun, a soldering gun, an ash tray, a coozie, a flex coupling for an air intake, some pleather (I think,) and one of those moldable things of JB Weld-like stuff.

Second layer:

truly large assortment of RockAuto magnets, a couple stickers and patches, a fan with cooler attached, a flask that I don't know will fit in my back pocket unless I go back to JNCOs, a piston, some toy cars, and a few other odds and ends.

And a large Snap-On flag. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/26/24 7:36 a.m.

OMG. 

Please give this guy ALL the scratches for me!!!!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
1/26/24 8:09 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

The first box I sent out with the goal of crossing the country made it about sixty miles and hasn't moved since  December 29, which is technically "last year". And the missing mail search that was initiated on 1/16 had never been updated. 

A box showed up here yesterday and I hope open it in a few hours and get pics up later today. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
1/26/24 5:44 p.m.

A box arrived! And the flaps appear to be barely containing the insides, so that's promising. I'll open it tonight and post my loot. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
1/26/24 6:47 p.m.

A heavy box arrived from all the way across the country! I was always led to believe that nothing rusts in PNW, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I can't believe how much stuff was packed in here!

Not sure if the broken Sharpie was purposely included or if just didn't survive the trip. It did, however, make going through the rest of the stuff even more fun.

That's a lot of crap for just one box.

In no particular order, I found a few bags of assorted hardware, a brand new small carburator with absolutely nothing indicating what it might fit, a license plate from Washington state that will be super handy the next time I steal a car, three(!) 10mm sockets (1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" drive), lots of cool stickers, a GM ignition key (probably from a Corvette), a very small rubber penis (probably goes with the Corvette key), a major award from the SCCA, a test light, a spider gear, and a shower rod installation kit for bathing with gingers.

And finally, this partial masterpiece:

Thanks Gabe!

And as always, thanks for making this happen Hungary Bill.

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/26/24 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I felt bad after getting my box. Yours was literal crap! Sorry.....

I have new glow in the dark filament, I'll have to print another head. I shrunk it trying to use the end of my roll, but obviously didn't quite get there.....its devil woody for now.

Sharpie want meant to be broken, but my packaging sucks! 

Carb was included since I hate them. It's a Kubota who knows what or gx390 clone? It was for the coot, but never made it and was sitting in my living room.....

Tiny penis (or mostly normal sized?) has been kicking around the shop for unknown reasons.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
1/26/24 10:14 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

You included about two dozen 1/4-20 stainless acorn nuts, and I used eight of them about four hours after opening the box, so that's a huge win right there. Maybe the most useful GRM box I've ever received. 

I may or may not find the right engine for that little carb, but I promise to use the two inline fuel filters that were in the box.

What kind of Honda was the spark plug from? Minibike?

barefootcyborg5000
1/26/24 11:21 p.m.

You guys! Jesse delivers!

firstly, legacy box

so many stickers!

koozies and apparel

candy, tools (including the 10mm master set!)

Car parts, both new and used, including a rather large motor mount I don't recognize and a well used connecting rod. Abrasive cutting things! Candy, hot wheels, small clamps, big clamps... so much awesome!

And two carbon fiber things, one is real, and the other is going in my next project:

What a spread!

Thanks! This is possibly the best lot I've received yet!

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/27/24 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Ha glad you could use the nuts! Leftover from a cable rail project. 

Carb was ordered by dimensions posted on Amazon. 

No clue on the plug. It was either ordered with the carb, or not. I really don't remember! 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/27/24 3:00 p.m.

Box has arrived, gonna open after bit. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/24 6:30 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Wow, that box is making he rounds, I had it a couple years ago. Some of the stuff I got with it and added are moving along too, so cool!

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/27/24 10:14 p.m.

Woooo buddy, got some race car news paper. 

​​​​

This was a good box yet again. Wife and the kitty's cherry picked some of the items. 

Got a autoclub speedway bag and LA pin, fun because we are going there in a few months. The cable is what I believe is security camera extension cable? Idaho potato pin that's going on the wall, and a Stanley knife Axe multi tool that is ranger bound for sure. Got some hot wheels/matchbox cars that really hit close to home today since I am bidding on some insurance auctions today....... The clamp on table top vice is beautiful, I love it. Wife already took the beef jerky and the buc-ee plush I am fighting the bad kitty's for as I type this. My niece already snagged the tow mater and is being a terror with it. The Dale Earnhardt plaque is awesome, I love older NASCAR stuff. Plan on playing with some Legos tonight since I'm a big kid, the magnetic new York guy already got stuck on the fridge by a tiny human wearing 2023 sunglasses. The tyloc fitting made my neck hairs stand up, I have been messing with them for the last 2 months, have done north of 5000ft of stainless tubing. The magnetic socket holder is awesome, and the best style, and who doesn't need a bunch of 10mm sockets! I see someone owned the superior gold wing. 

thanks woody! 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/29/24 7:45 a.m.

It's a well-traveled box!  No revealing name, but based on Patrick's post about the tracking and that I received this....

I'm pretty sure it came from Patrick.  One side had a rip and it was wrapped by USPS for my protection

Good and heavy.  Opened up and it's a cornucopia of goodies

Useful bulbs, toggle bolts, decals!, handy truck strap, a made in China poet's pen and some halogen bulbs that fit my shop light.  Unfortunately two if the five didn't survive so I tossed them before I scattered glass shards in the house.

Some Thai coffee grabbed by SWMBO, a seaweed snack that was not :-), a ton of backup tools and a nifty (sadly) empty cologne glass bottle

Misc fasteners, a vacuum belt, two Mercedes center caps, 4 casters that will make something roll in the shop, sanding discs, a really sharp implement of chaos and more tools.  Not sure if the one screwdriver entered the box this way or died in transit.  Final piece - oil pressure sender?

A useful small crowbar, a long shoe horn, a die for obscure size, an empty mower spark plug box (did that escape out the hole in the box??) , a watch band, and no 10mm socket but instead 10 spark plug sockets!  A wood drawer pull and earplugs that escaped their packaging in transit.  For a minute I thought we were going to share ear plugs....

The carnage at the bottom.  This was an awesome box that gave us a great Sunday diversion- thank you, Patrick!!!!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/29/24 8:12 a.m.

In reply to glueguy (Forum Supporter) :

LOL the "we care" from USPS

barefootcyborg5000
1/29/24 4:35 p.m.

Jesse, curious if you know what this connecting rod is from:

The bearing left a couple imprints, clevite on one side of the cap and TRD on the other. But as a Toyota parts guy I'm having a hard time placing it. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/24 9:37 p.m.

In reply to glueguy (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah I think there were 4 mercedes center caps and definitely was a spark plug in the box. Glad most stuff didn't escape!

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/24 2:10 p.m.

Box Away!  Again!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/30/24 2:22 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Jesse, curious if you know what this connecting rod is from:

The bearing left a couple imprints, clevite on one side of the cap and TRD on the other. But as a Toyota parts guy I'm having a hard time placing it. 

Wild guess...  Nascar.

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/24 8:20 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

It is from a Formula Atlantic 4A-GE. Super lightweight, and well-used. One of the others from this set came apart somewhat violently, so this one is just a cool paperweight/garage art/talking piece.

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nf01HnMHVCm2iKzE43PbrTEJu9WDtc341TVd1ndXZPhdaXWJie3e8ec6lHMFvxxp