David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/4/23 5:16 p.m.

Figured it’s appropriate for today.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/23 6:05 p.m.

I remember watching that on a reel to reel projector in the local community center back in the day.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/23 6:10 p.m.

"Filmed on location in space"

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/4/23 6:51 p.m.

Saw that every year at Balticon. First time I went was about 1980.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
5/4/23 7:02 p.m.

I remember Hardware Wars, Bambi vs Godzilla and a few other funny shorts being played in between movies on HBO in the early days. Back when they only started movies on the hour or half hour so if a movie was 95 minutes long they had 25 to kill before the next one started so they used these as filler. 

Those were the best part of cable

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/4/23 8:09 p.m.
Trent said:

I remember Hardware Wars, Bambi vs Godzilla and a few other funny shorts being played in between movies on HBO in the early days. Back when they only started movies on the hour or half hour so if a movie was 95 minutes long they had 25 to kill before the next one started so they used these as filler. 

Those were the best part of cable

Is there we saw them? I asked my brother and he couldn’t remember, either. But he did raise a good point: If Hardware Wars was on video, we would have seen it more often. 

tomtomgt356 (Tommy)
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/4/23 9:36 p.m.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss three bucks goodbye, it's HARDWARE WARS!

Trent
Trent PowerDork
5/4/23 9:49 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

It's funny, I probably couldn't remember the names of my high school girlfriends but I remember that detail clearly 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/23 6:36 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

I've never heard of Hardware Wars, but boy do I remember seeing Bambi vs. Godzilla for the first time. It might have been on some show that was on after Friday Night Videos. I was lucky enough to screw up the timer on the VCR and accidentally recorded it. I probably played that tape for everyone I knew. 

I hadn't seen it for years but I just watched it again on You Tube about a month ago. It still holds up.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P2S7Lq1cZmCYvA5oSQUj27iY7RMsUI95Fyaliumkvf2RhRl91EEiYf6nVOYWm7Pm